The Manchester United Thread

i really hope we do get dybala over the line and the price for maguire we should walk away a couple of 2nd options i can think of is rugani skirinar tah dias
I would like to see more noise about other CDs as well at the moment. Not convinced Slabhead will be a red yet, not for that price anyway. Now that Bailly is crocked again it kinda heightens the need.

I would like to see more noise about other CDs as well at the moment. Not convinced Slabhead will be a red yet, not for that price anyway. Now that Bailly is crocked again it kinda heightens the need.

defo i would rather a world record fee for marquinhos younger and still a top top cb rather then maguire

United are not walking away at this point. It's basically Maguire or bust.

The fact that Brighton are bidding 25m for a defender should tell you Dunk is on his way out, which means Maguire is on his way out.

did anyone read evras comments on ed woodward it tells you how much of a **** he is...

it makes you realise and appriciate the role david gill did for us

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/man-utd-news-evra-woodward-16669723
Not really. He still stuck to his word and let him go. He triggered the contract to get a fee or he would have gone for nothing. Ed is a business man at the end of the day and he did good business. He got £1.2m instead of nothing

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

LMAO! If I called my wife Roy Keane ........

I agree, Evra wnted to leae, Ed let him leave, but made sure Utd got a fee.

Don't have a problem with Woodward in that scenario, but he should have just taken him aside and explained the situation to Evra, instead of letting him know through the media. Those personal touches go a long way with players.

Dybala rumours seem intensified since yesterday, it's a proper FM-esque transfer if that happens. ****, that's who I get in the second window, almost every time. Dybala is a class player, and while I'm still being realistic, if it happens, it'll be amazing.

And speaking of FM-esque transfers, I'm seeing Moise Kean to Everton. How the **** did that happen? I thought he was the golden boy of Juventus, and set for a bright future. Instead, his transfer to Everton seems really puzzling, and the fact that more teams weren't in for him. He is another quick, fluid player who can go a long way for a lot of systems.

your all clueless if you think woodward is good for us he knows nothing about operating transfers he even refused for us to have a director of football its not fm irl same way the glazers are being stupid allowing him all that power 60 percent pay rise for making us an awful team and the scatter buys... the only young players we have signed with our philosophy is because of solskjaer push 1 good transfer with dybala dont make him a goood transfer guru 95 percent of his signings have been flops!

same as 300k contract for rashford hes proved nothing hes not 20+ goals a season striker he cant even lead the line hes been 1 of our poorest players in pre season as a striker greenwood can lead the line better

your all clueless if you think woodward is good for us he knows nothing about operating transfers he even refused for us to have a director of football its not fm irl same way the glazers are being stupid allowing him all that power 60 percent pay rise for making us an awful team and the scatter buys... the only young players we have signed with our philosophy is because of solskjaer push 1 good transfer with dybala dont make him a goood transfer guru 95 percent of his signings have been flops!
Yeah. Sure. Agreeing with his approach regarding one older transfer doesn't automatically mean we acknowledge he is a transfer guru. Calm down. We have seen the tirade before. Noone is claiming him to be a transfer genius, nor is anyone automatically happy with him at the helm of transfers. Not sure the reason for the abrupt outburst now.

And of course, finally, we have a manager who is looking to get players to gel in his philosophy, and is working in tandem with Woodward. Which is a good thing. If we can slowly get a DoF in, that'll be even better. The ageing superstar is gone, the panic buys are gone. The board now has a plan, a price for their targets, and are sticking to it as much as possible. Which is good. All everyone is saying is that there is a marked improvement to this window than any of our previous ones since David Gill and Fergie. And it helps.

As for Rashford, he is not an 300k. Last I read, it was a heavily incentivised 200k. Also, seriously? Are you considering pre-season as a marker? Results are deceiving in pre-season, for either the good or the bad. And before we all forget, Rashford is still only 21. His game will improve, as will his decision-making over time. He was also excellent under Ole in the initial stages, after which the entire team dipped. As for Greenwood, he will get his chances, but in no way is yet ready to be an undisputed starter. He will be integrated slowly into the first team.

Yeah. Sure. Agreeing with his approach regarding one older transfer doesn't automatically mean we acknowledge he is a transfer guru. Calm down. We have seen the tirade before. Noone is claiming him to be a transfer genius, nor is anyone automatically happy with him at the helm of transfers. Not sure the reason for the abrupt outburst now.

And of course, finally, we have a manager who is looking to get players to gel in his philosophy, and is working in tandem with Woodward. Which is a good thing. If we can slowly get a DoF in, that'll be even better. The ageing superstar is gone, the panic buys are gone. The board now has a plan, a price for their targets, and are sticking to it as much as possible. Which is good. All everyone is saying is that there is a marked improvement to this window than any of our previous ones since David Gill and Fergie. And it helps.

As for Rashford, he is not an 300k. Last I read, it was a heavily incentivised 200k. Also, seriously? Are you considering pre-season as a marker? Results are deceiving in pre-season, for either the good or the bad. And before we all forget, Rashford is still only 21. His game will improve, as will his decision-making over time. He was also excellent under Ole in the initial stages, after which the entire team dipped. As for Greenwood, he will get his chances, but in no way is yet ready to be an undisputed starter. He will be integrated slowly into the first team.
One of the most sensible posts I’ve read in ages mate!! On Dybala Nedved confirmed verything last night that has been reported. Says we now need to wait for Dybala and Utd to come up with something concrete.

Yet I've still got a feeling Dybala will stay at Juve and we'll ultimately be left with Lukaku but this time.... with absolutely no pre-season.

Make no mistake this transfer window could shape our season in the next 8 days.... that's not an over-exaggeration either.

Yet I've still got a feeling Dybala will stay at Juve and we'll ultimately be left with Lukaku but this time.... with absolutely no pre-season.

Make no mistake this transfer window could shape our season in the next 8 days.... that's not an over-exaggeration either.

It is an over exaggeration.

Well, it could happen if we are unable to come to an agreement with Dybala. Unlikely, now that Juventus have confirmed they want to offload him, and with no other teams in for him apparently. But if it does, I have no problem with holding Lukaku on for another season. Rashford is our starting striker, while Lukaku gets upto fitness. It's not as dire.

The next 8 days are important, yes. They won't break our season, but can impact it nonetheless. I expect atleast a CB and CM to go along with our current options. Let's see. No point speculating, it's been a topsy-turvy window anyway.

Our fan base has turned to god knows what! Complaining about signing Dybala, How will he fit in, How will he play with Fernandes in the same team, he will upset our wage, he will be another Di Maria, He’s an Ed signing not an Ole signing. FFS moaning *****. Moaning about Maguire. Moaning about Fernandes. Moan moan ******* moan. For once since basically Fergie retired we look to have a plan on and off the field and fans still find a reason to complain about everything and say we are gonna have a **** season and be overtaken by Everton, Wolves, Leicester and be lucky to finish 8th. Get a grip ffs!

Our fan base has turned to god knows what! Complaining about signing Dybala, How will he fit in, How will he play with Fernandes in the same team, he will upset our wage, he will be another Di Maria, He’s an Ed signing not an Ole signing. FFS moaning *****. Moaning about Maguire. Moaning about Fernandes. Moan moan ******* moan. For once since basically Fergie retired we look to have a plan on and off the field and fans still find a reason to complain about everything and say we are gonna have a **** season and be overtaken by Everton, Wolves, Leicester and be lucky to finish 8th. Get a grip ffs!

Fans complain when we don't overhaul the side. Fans complain when we start to. Honestly, **** em

Fans complain when we don't overhaul the side. Fans complain when we start to. Honestly, **** em
Still seeing fans complaining about DDG, Rashford, Martial new deals saying we overpay. Then the same fans complaining about the club not investing money......

We haven't executed the plan though, until they're here and playing for us then fans have a right to complain if you ask me.

Sure we've got a good RB, but going into this summer everyone wanted and knew we needed at least CB, RB, CM (possibly 2 ) and a RW to be close to challenging again.

There are two sides of the coin here, a lot of it rests on the next 8 days though.

We haven't executed the plan though, until they're here and playing for us then fans have a right to complain if you ask me.

Sure we've got a good RB, but going into this summer everyone wanted and knew we needed at least CB, RB, CM (possibly 2 ) and a RW to be close to challenging again.

There are two sides of the coin here, a lot of it rests on the next 8 days though.
Plan just doesn’t regard signings you know!

Back