The Manchester United Thread

Di Maria's problem was that he didn't even want to be here in the first place, that's why there are some people that are sceptical about Dybala. Personally I'm very happy with this deal IF it happens though, of course like with any signings there is a risk it won't work out.
They may well have been the case to start with. But his performances early on were fantastic. He then had a spar with LVG and was hardly seen again.

#MUFC have arranged a four-team Under-18s tournament for later this week at the AJ Bell Stadium, featuring @Arsenal @FCPortoEnglish and @Flamengo_en

Di Maria is an anarchic player and LVG likes his teams to play mechanic and methodic football. Di Maria wasn't the first south american to have a spar with LVG: Rivaldo and Riquelme didn't fit in his philosophy as well.

LvG sold Rafael as well. Just saying. (that still rankles). Most South American players didn't suit the system - the individuality overpowering the needs of the system, at any instance, was intolerable to LvG. He was mad, but if his team got his system completely - god, was the football mesmerising!

Dybala under Solksjaer can work, and Dybala-Pogba combining is salivating, frankly. The issue of his consistency, and him coping in a physical league is always present. But then again, it isn't a perfect transfer. But it's one that can take us to the next level, if we can get him playing to the best of his ability.

I still have my doubts the transfer will materialise. And won't be convinced until it actually is over the line. It seems too good to be true, and I don't remember the last time we got the good side of a transfer - RvP maybe? Or Shaw. Shows how dreadful recruitment has been recently. But AwB is proving to be excellent business already, and if we can conclude these other deals, it'll be an excellent window, and I'll be looking forward to the season with new-found optimism.

i've been watching some dybala goals for juve they are a thing of beauty really delicious if we get this over the line gotta say we'll have a reall clinical player who can score from anywhere

Interesting with Utd and Juve also discussing including Mandzukic in the deal. Would not mind that at all as a back up STR!

From Sarri mouthpiece:

There is no need for Paulo Dybala to meet Maurizio Sarri, Juventus are just waiting for him to find an agreement with United. Lukaku has found an agreement with Juventus for €8m per year. [Alfredo Pedulla]

Last edited:
Interesting with Utd and Juve also discussing including Mandzukic in the deal. Would not mind that at all as a back up STR!

From Sarri mouthpiece:

There is no need for Paulo Dybala to meet Maurizio Sarri, Juventus are just waiting for him to find an agreement with United. Lukaku has found an agreement with Juventus for €8m per year. [Alfredo Pedulla]

People are just making stuff up now tbh. Let's just wait and see. This is just vicious rumours

People are just making stuff up now tbh. Let's just wait and see. This is just vicious rumours

All the Italian's in particular do 99% of the time is make stuff up. Then bounce off each other with the same, regurgitated nonsense.

Lads like Di Marzio are some of the biggest rumour chancers going (whilst trying to pass themselves off as credible journalists), who anyone should take with a MASSIVE grain of salt.

All the Italian's in particular do 99% of the time is make stuff up. Then bounce off each other with the same, regurgitated nonsense.

Lads like Di Marzio are some of the biggest rumour chancers going (whilst trying to pass themselves off as credible journalists), who anyone should take with a MASSIVE grain of salt.

I wouldn't say chancers, but what they are very guilty of is once the initial accurate story is out, they post huge amounts of irrelevant filler for clicks, almost every day. Stuff like, agent is on a plane to see club officials. True, buy absolutely not a story

Dybala and Lukaku is a swap deal in the making. Everything else is noise until it's either signed off or its done.

Did the media day at United. Anyone thinking Lukaku is moping around is very much mistaken. He had to do tonnes of content for United, he's very much a happy professional regardless of what happens with his move

Last edited:
Absolutely buzzing about Maguire! We have a top top defence again. Will bring so much off the field also. Onto the next Woodie.

Absolutely buzzing about Maguire! We have a top top defence again. Will bring so much off the field also. Onto the next Woodie.

Wait and see because there is big pressure on him, but happy we've got one seemingly done. On to the next please.

Chiiisas Maguire for 80-85£mil....

One interesting thing about Maguire is when you look at the stats last season, him and Van Dijk are pretty much the same.

If his name was Van Maguir.... people would probably rate him a bit more highly. Personally always rated him in an England shirt, don't follow Leicester that much however the odd game I see always seems solid.

Personally think he's the best in the league when it comes to aerial dominance and considering his size Lindelof-Maguire pretty much has everything. Whether it works is a different story.

Obviously the price is what it is but it's the safest way to go in many ways. Ruben Dias was a favourite of mine but he's still raw and not tested in PL. Would cost about £60m minimum.

Then you've got Koulibaly who we know is the other good option.... £110m minimum.... not proven in PL either.

One interesting thing about Maguire is when you look at the stats last season, him and Van Dijk are pretty much the same.

If his name was Van Maguir.... people would probably rate him a bit more highly. Personally always rated him in an England shirt, don't follow Leicester that much however the odd game I see always seems solid.

Personally think he's the best in the league when it comes to aerial dominance and considering his size Lindelof-Maguire pretty much has everything.

Obviously the price is what it is but it's the safest way to go in many ways. Ruben Dias was a favourite of mine but he's still raw and not tested in PL. Would cost about £60m minimum.

Then you've got Koulibaly who we know is the other good option.... £110m minimum.... not proven in PL either.

Koulibaly was the better option, but also had no interest in leaving Napoli. Maguire and Lindelof will make a great partnership

Im late onto this one but **** I'm happy to see Maquire get over line!

I like Maguire a lot. But some of the values rumoured are just excessive. Let's wait to see what we really paid.

Back