The Manchester United Thread

Do you even remember when they last time spent...

But on Lukaku, he is not washed out, nothing good has come from United these past years so all cant fault on players. But the fact is we dont know anything what is behind the closed door with him and staff, so is no point discussing. Just like to see him getting into new club and then can see how he does.

If he goes to Italy he'll score goals as always, but that doesn't say much because that league is more suited to a slower pace and there is not as much challenge either. Especially if he ends up at Juventus, who are practically a shoe in for the league every year.

Is there any truth in the eriksen rumours?They seemed to have poppped up again as they did a few weeks back.Also whats the latest with fosu-mensah?

Is there any truth in the eriksen rumours?They seemed to have poppped up again as they did a few weeks back.Also whats the latest with fosu-mensah?

He said he's out for another 5 months

Got any numbers for crosses over the floor?
To me they always seem way more dangerous, because defenders are scared to kick those away in danger of making an own-goal.

Cut backs are definitely where it's at think there something like 7 percent

Although Mike be able to give you exact number

Looks like by reports that's our transfer business done.... we're going to regret it once again I'm afraid. That midfield won't last a season. Be lucky if it gets you through a few games, going off last season struggled big time without Herrera against minnows like Cardiff & Huddersfield.

I'll give them a chance but... everyone knows we're lacking there. Pogba & McTominay & Matic for Chelsea.........

Looks like by reports that's our transfer business done.... we're going to regret it once again I'm afraid. That midfield won't last a season. Be lucky if it gets you through a few games, going off last season struggled big time without Herrera against minnows like Cardiff & Huddersfield.

I'll give them a chance but... everyone knows we're lacking there. Pogba & McTominay & Matic for Chelsea.........

One report on Sky. Let's wait for the window to close, aye?

And it's not Herrera we missed, it was Pogba when he was off colour. We still need a midfielder, but I'd start with Pogba, Fred and McTominay

One report on Sky. Let's wait for the window to close, aye?

And it's not Herrera we missed, it was Pogba when he was off colour. We still need a midfielder, but I'd start with Pogba, Fred and McTominay

Well yes if we lose Pogba to injury then we are seriously screwed but I still feel the loss of Herrera will hit us harder than we think. Especially when you consider that the depth now is thinner than ever in the CM position.

We really do need another CM, though. And I think links with both Fernandes and SMS has cooled off, which is worrying. The only one linked recently is Eriksen. I would be disappointed if our transfer business had ended. Sign a dynamic midfielder, though, and it can still turn around.

We really do need another CM, though. And I think links with both Fernandes and SMS has cooled off, which is worrying. The only one linked recently is Eriksen. I would be disappointed if our transfer business had ended. Sign a dynamic midfielder, though, and it can still turn around.

Agree, fingers crossed but I highly doubt it.

Good little read

Absolutely a worth read for every #MUFC fan. The article is from The Athletic.
Have patience and Ole will get us to where we belong.
1f4aa.png
1f4aa.png
1f91e.png
1f91e.png

Really think your underestimating how good McTominay actually is. He's a ******* machine. No matter what role you give him in midfield he will do it. Even going forward. All pre-season hes been our best attacking midfielder for constant attacks and being in goalscoring chances. PSG last year Fred sat back and was a god and Mctominay took the **** going forward. He's gonna step up this year and be a massive player. Yes maybe we do need another signing but ive not seen a player as consistent as McTominay in any job hes been asked to do for a long time.

Really think your underestimating how good McTominay actually is. He's a ******* machine. No matter what role you give him in midfield he will do it. Even going forward. All pre-season hes been our best attacking midfielder for constant attacks and being in goalscoring chances. PSG last year Fred sat back and was a god and Mctominay took the **** going forward. He's gonna step up this year and be a massive player. Yes maybe we do need another signing but ive not seen a player as consistent as McTominay in any job hes been asked to do for a long time.
That's fair, and even Mike admitted that McTominay had improved way beyond predicted. Problem is that our midfield lacks two things - a controller of plays (one who keeps the play ticking) and a creative outlet (outside of Pogba). While McTominay has improved a lot at the B2B role, our midfield is still one player short of a complete one. I highly doubt we will get a Carrick (although, Garner apparently has been impressing a lot in that regard).

Remains to be seen. If we manage to get Eriksen, that still is pretty good business as we can switch to a 4-2-3-1 (can even work in a 4-3-3, with someone pulling a proper shift at DM). However, without a midfielder, we are one injury away from smack-dab average, and that's not an exaggeration either. We have to rely on a midfield, as we don't have a creator up-top either (a la Dybala). Here's hoping something gives in the three days. Without anyone else, I honestly would push Gomes to the first team to get more creativity and drive (when Pogba is absent).

Also, any clue what is happening with Pereira? Still unsure as to what his best role is, honestly. He may get more minutes this season, anyhow.

I think fans are going a bit over the top with McTominay, I mean sure he did well last season, especially in certain big games. But this is still a player who has a lot to prove and I don't have an issue with him having a big role to play. Problem is as soon as he or Pogba picks up an injury... the likes of Pereira and Fred The Red at this point replaces them. Not talking about Fred either because I'm assuming he will be playing the deeper position as he did at times last season, instead of Matic anyway because he's finished.

I think fans are going a bit over the top with McTominay, I mean sure he did well last season, especially in certain big games. But this is still a player who has a lot to prove and I don't have an issue with him having a big role to play. Problem is as soon as he or Pogba picks up an injury... the likes of Pereira and Fred The Red at this point replaces them. Not talking about Fred either because I'm assuming he will be playing the deeper position as he did at times last season, instead of Matic anyway because he's finished.

Er.....He's actually been genuinely very good. And this is coming from people who really didn't rate him so spare us they buying the hype thing. There is no hype around McTominay.

So still being linked with Dybala, Eriksen, Fernandes, SMS :)

Loads of outlets now reporting we will table 50-60m bid for Eriksen.

Last edited:

I would say that fans are being quite pragmatic with their views on Mctominay. I have not seen one person value him over the top. Almost everyone has said he has limitations in certain aspects but has high work rate, good determination and a handy ability to turn up in the big games.

If he did well last season are we supposed to be positive or negative in our views of his future. We should always want our youth products to succeed

So still being linked with Dybala, Eriksen, Fernandes, SMS :)

Loads of outlets now reporting we will table 50-60m bid for Eriksen.

think we are crying out for a player like eriksen but we all know how levy operates so will wil prob still want 100 mill from us then sell him at end of august for half that.Really hope ed/ole can pull it off if the interest is concrete and not yet another piece of bs

Back