The Manchester United Thread

So we could end up with Eriksen, but now apparently Dybala has realised he's ****** at Juventus and does want United. And there's some vicious rumours about Lorente on a free (hard pass please)

I'm out. Can't handle this window. Preferred it when we knew we were doing no business. Too much excitement nd drama

Every morning this week is a different level of chaos and excitement, stop the rollercoaster I want out!

Inside Lukaku’s tensions with #mufc:
- mufc email Lukaku to request his return. Fines coming.
- Not spoken to Solskjaer since Friday’s rebuke & fallen out with Pogba.
- He’s gone AWOL in protest at Woodward’s refusal to drop demands below £75m.

Sigh. No Dybala, no Fernandes, no Eriksen, and apparently, we are suddenly in for all 3, only to back out slowly one by one. Roller coaster sums it up well//

Inside Lukaku’s tensions with #mufc:
- mufc email Lukaku to request his return. Fines coming.
- Not spoken to Solskjaer since Friday’s rebuke & fallen out with Pogba.
- He’s gone AWOL in protest at Woodward’s refusal to drop demands below £75m.
I'm with Woodward on this one. Fine him and let him rot. He will come back sooner or later, and he can start with the Reserves. There's no reason why we should drop our demands below 75 Mn, especially in today's market. If Dybala move was still on, I would take that swap deal anytime.

Sigh. No Dybala, no Fernandes, no Eriksen, and apparently, we are suddenly in for all 3, only to back out slowly one by one. Roller coaster sums it up well//
Frustrating but happy we didnt get Eriksen and Dybala if they had no interest or was not 100% sure on joining.

I'm with Woodward on this one. Fine him and let him rot. He will come back sooner or later, and he can start with the Reserves. There's no reason why we should drop our demands below 75 Mn, especially in today's market. If Dybala move was still on, I would take that swap deal anytime.

Really annoyed with this. He's been great until now. Ridiculous and he's killed his United career in a bad way

Have we gone in for Fernandes?

Really annoyed with this. He's been great until now. Ridiculous and he's killed his United career in a bad way

Its really unfortunate. He was handling it so well up until recently, falling out with Pogba though might not be the worst thing. Might mean Pogbas commitment to the team is ironclad and now hes calling out players who aren't towing the party line.

Sad if its ruined what seemed to be a great friendship but Pogba doing this show committment and leadership heading into a new season where there had been question marks regarding his mental state

Have to echo what others have said and applaud what has happened with dybala/eriksen.A little bit of fergie creeping out of ole i think,we definitely shouldnt be signing players who would only arrive for inflated wages.I know im biased but if man utd come knocking you should be bending over backwards to sign.Fair enough eriksen wanted real apparently but dybala choosing spurs over us is a bit mad imo despite them having CL football

Surely not llorente?Im sure were all happy with james,wan bissaka and maguire but we really needed a couple of central midfielders didnt we.The club knew we were losing herrera so there should have been plans in place for a replacement.We will see i guess in the coming hours,i really dont wanna go into the season on a negative note.

Surely not llorente?Im sure were all happy with james,wan bissaka and maguire but we really needed a couple of central midfielders didnt we.The club knew we were losing herrera so there should have been plans in place for a replacement.We will see i guess in the coming hours,i really dont wanna go into the season on a negative note.
Llorente has been called out as bollocks by Ducker this morning.

Llorente has been called out as bollocks by Ducker this morning.

I mean we need a couple more in but not just for the sake of it.Been the craziest summer window ive ever known and cant wait for it to close.REally looking like no more signings now doesnt it?

Last edited:
I mean we need a couple more in but not just for the sake of it.Been the craziest summer window ive ever known and cant wait for it to close.REally looking like no more signings now doesnt it?
Been a very tough market for most teams. Just want the first game to come.

Very disappointed, I mean James deal was a piece of cake. So we've effectively spent the whole window negotiating 2 deals for AWB & Maguire.

This midfield going into the season.... Pogba, Matic, Fred, McTominay and Pereira. For god sake.

Not good enough I'm sorry, not even surprised if we struggle for top 4 again with that midfield.

Plus as much as I dislike Lukaku, where are all the goals coming from this season without him? No one in that squad has proved they can score 20 goals in a season in the forward line.

Very disappointed, I mean James deal was a piece of cake. So we've effectively spent the whole window negotiating 2 deals for AWB & Maguire.

This midfield going into the season.... Pogba, Matic, Fred, McTominay and Pereira. For god sake.

Not good enough I'm sorry, not even surprised if we struggle for top 4 again with that midfield.

Plus as much as I dislike Lukaku, where are all the goals coming from this season without him? No one in that squad has proved they can score 20 goals in a season in the forward line.
Thats the spirit :)))) sign arguably one of the best CB and FBs in the league. A genuine threat with pace and big potential in attack. Had a good pre season with a clear pattern of play to build on going forward. And your having a meltdown already lol. Come on mate yes I will be disappointed if no CM comes in but if we are switching to a 2 anyway it won’t be so noticeable. And the CM wasn’t so much the problem it was at the back and hugely down to our style and fitness.

Thats the spirit :)))) sign arguably one of the best CB and FBs in the league. A genuine threat with pace and big potential in attack. Had a good pre season with a clear pattern of play to build on going forward. And your having a meltdown already lol. Come on mate yes I will be disappointed if no CM comes in but if we are switching to a 2 anyway it won’t be so noticeable. And the CM wasn’t so much the problem it was at the back and hugely down to our style and fitness.

It's always 2 steps forward 1 step back though... if we lose Lukaku, Herrera & Fellaini without replacing any of them... how are we really any better off? We've still got no proper RW either.

I know people say we don't need to replace this or that player like for like, but you're missing the point. We haven't reinforced those positions at all. The depth of quality now is thinner in those positions. Which costs you in the end, with the amount of games we're going to play. One or two injuries in midfield and we're screwed lets be honest.

It's always 2 steps forward 1 step back though... if we lose Lukaku, Herrera & Fellaini without replacing any of them... how are we really any better off? We've still got no proper RW either.

I know people say we don't need to replace this or that player like for like, but you're missing the point. We haven't reinforced those positions at all. The depth of quality now is thinner in those positions. Which costs you in a long season like we have ahead.
We replaced Fellaini who didn’t fit anyway with Mctominey who has shown he’s more than good enough to step up and become a top player for us. I see it as 2 steps forward this Summer and none back really including losing Herrera. And especially with the other work we have done off the field. Lukaku will be missed against fodder teams but not in the crunch games plus Mandzukic is still on per Ducker latest. We won’t have a set winger anyway as Ole wants a fluid high energy front 3.

Add to that the excitement of the young players that will be on show this season Gomes, Chong, Garner, Tuanzebe. Who were all fantastic in the EFL cup last night. Not to mention Laird, Williams, Levitt, Ramanzani, Traore and the rest coming through.

Exciting times ahead imo.

Last edited:
Back