The Manchester United Thread

Plan to raid Juventus I see?
I think everyone are raiding Juve at the moment even Everton have got in on the act with Moise Kean..... That said I think Juventus (apart from Lukaku) have already done the inbound transfers it just a case of outbound now for them.

I think everyone are raiding Juve at the moment even Everton have got in on the act with Moise Kean..... That said I think Juventus (apart from Lukaku) have already done the inbound transfers it just a case of outbound now for them.
Yep there wage bill is massively bloated.

I can now confirm ALL Madrid’s hierarchy are on some serious drugs. 27.6m plus James for Pogba. **** off lol!!!

AWB was 72th and Shaw was 82th in terms of crossing in the last PL.

Late to this again.

Crossing while a form of chance creation has a very low conversion rate and such is not a the skill held in the highest regard. I can't remember who did the analyses but Kieran Trippier who is a wonderful crosser had some absurd number of good crosses into the box per game and the conversion rate was rubbish. Combined with his bad defensive season and its no wonder Spurs didnt hold him in higher regard (Side not I cant wait to see if Simeone can help him change his career, I really respect Trippier for choosing a defensive coach and side)

Our FBs needed to be more defensively sound and AWB genuinely looks like he enjoys a well time tackle better than a goal which awesome to see

Late to this again.

Crossing while a form of chance creation has a very low conversion rate and such is not a the skill held in the highest regard. I can't remember who did the analyses but Kieran Trippier who is a wonderful crosser had some absurd number of good crosses into the box per game and the conversion rate was rubbish. Combined with his bad defensive season and its no wonder Spurs didnt hold him in higher regard (Side not I cant wait to see if Simeone can help him change his career, I really respect Trippier for choosing a defensive coach and side)

Our FBs needed to be more defensively sound and AWB genuinely looks like he enjoys a well time tackle better than a goal which awesome to see

Off top of my head I think crossing has 3 percent conversion rate. Also this ranking of AWB and Shaw wont factor in quality of the cross

Happy we finally have a top back 4/5 now that’s as good as anything out there prem wise. Desperately need a CM and maybe an attacker to replace Lukuku.CM is an absolute must!!!

Happy we finally have a top back 4/5 now that’s as good as anything out there prem wise. Desperately need a CM and maybe an attacker to replace Lukuku.CM is an absolute must!!!
I'd argue Liverpool still has the best defense overall (Allisson, Robertson, VVD, Gomez, TAA). I still rate DDG as the best goalie in the PL, mind. But yeah, defense definitely has had a drastic improvement since last year. Very excited for AwB, and if Maguire turns out to be good, that'll be outstanding. Get in a dynamic CM, and I'm still happy with that. IF Lukaku leaves, replace him (although, Sanchez maybe used as backup there, along with Greenwood.)

Off top of my head I think crossing has 3 percent conversion rate. Also this ranking of AWB and Shaw wont factor in quality of the cross

Got any numbers for crosses over the floor?
To me they always seem way more dangerous, because defenders are scared to kick those away in danger of making an own-goal.

I'd argue Liverpool still has the best defense overall (Allisson, Robertson, VVD, Gomez, TAA). I still rate DDG as the best goalie in the PL, mind. But yeah, defense definitely has had a drastic improvement since last year. Very excited for AwB, and if Maguire turns out to be good, that'll be outstanding. Get in a dynamic CM, and I'm still happy with that. IF Lukaku leaves, replace him (although, Sanchez maybe used as backup there, along with Greenwood.)
Yeah I could live without a Lukaku replacement and use Sanchez and Greenwood, Chong, Gomes more in those attacking positions.

Yeah I could live without a Lukaku replacement and use Sanchez and Greenwood, Chong, Gomes more in those attacking positions.

We're paying him and he had an alright Copa. As much as it pains me we need to give Sanchez a chance, we have no choice since no one will pay for him now.

Also I would hate to see any great player lose his entire touch with us. We have many games to play this season and hopefully we can get something out of him

Bit sad about this Lukaku situation. Worthy player for any top team.

Don't know what has gone on there with him.... probably burnt too many bridges now to come back... sharing confidential data about his teammates on social media and all.

I don't think he's a worthy player for most top teams tbh, his first touch and attitude is questionable. Don't care how people think he is.... look how he came back to United start of last season. He looked like a tank not designed to play any sort of football.

How are Spurs signing Lo Celso, N'Dombele ... without any outgoing?

Look if there is any slight chance we can get Eriksen then we go for it and don't question the price. £60m if true is an absolute steal for him in this market, even with one year left on contract. Considering our need for such a midfielder, I'd actually go a fair bit higher then that price if we must.

Look if there is any slight chance we can get Eriksen then we go for it and don't question the price. £60m if true is an absolute steal for him in this market, even with one year left on contract. Considering our need for such a midfielder, I'd actually go a fair bit higher then that price if we must.
If Lo Celso comes Eriksen will leave. Us or Madrid’s faves. But there just about to complete Van Der Beek

Do you even remember when they last time spent...

But on Lukaku, he is not washed out, nothing good has come from United these past years so all cant fault on players. But the fact is we dont know anything what is behind the closed door with him and staff, so is no point discussing. Just like to see him getting into new club and then can see how he does.

Back