The Manchester United Thread

another move i reckon we should make is bringing evra back in some capacity as a mentor to our younger players he bleeded and understood us as a club and our history

gonna order dese 2 for payday for me and my best friend :D i wanna be in stretford end vs scousers i aint seen a north west derby live since 2002!!!!

TRD32E.jpg

Lukaku/Pogba

Get rid, move on.

init he disrespected our players coaches and our club and has an awful mentality!!!!!

no matter how pogba has been he has always been respectful of utd! even tho he wanted madrid transfer made noises but calmed down!!!

For all the good work we've done in defense, we have thin ice depth in midfield and we'll rely on Pogba as much as we did last season.

And we need a substitute for Lukaku. It's just math, really. We got 4 guys (James, Martial, Rash and Mata) for 3 positions. That's not enough for a whole season.

gonna order dese 2 for payday for me and my best friend :D i wanna be in stretford end vs scousers i aint seen a north west derby live since 2002!!!!

TRD32E.jpg

2 tickets for 750£.... what money are you people making there and why are these so expensive....

For all the good work we've done in defense, we have thin ice depth in midfield and we'll rely on Pogba as much as we did last season.

And we need a substitute for Lukaku. It's just math, really. We got 4 guys (James, Martial, Rash and Mata) for 3 positions. That's not enough for a whole season.

CM- Pogba, Fred, Mctominey, Matic, Periera, Garner, TFM

Attack- Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Mata, Lingard, James, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong

Not really light it scrapping the barrel tbh. We will be fine maybe 1 quality CM short but that’s it. Plus don’t totally count us out bringing someone in today!

So according to James Cooper, Ducker, Di Marzio this morning Utd still looking at a couple of players. Ooooooo exciting lmao just come the deadline already. And let’s see.

CM- Pogba, Fred, Mctominey, Matic, Periera, Garner, TFM

Attack- Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Mata, Lingard, James, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong

Not really light it scrapping the barrel tbh. We will be fine maybe 1 quality CM short but that’s it. Plus don’t totally count us out bringing someone in today!
Definate depth in that lot ok some are young and lacking in experience but, if you don't give kids a chance they will never get experience. Another more mature midfielder would be nice to be fair to help the younsters to learn but if it doesn't happen then so be it.

Sanchez and Lingard. That's two per position

Midfield needs one quality addition that's all

If we can ship Rojo and Darmian our it will be a good window in my eyes. Not perfect but good! Can see big improvements in team play / style. Huge improvements in fitness. Now have one of the best def in the league. New deals for a lot of players Rashford, Martial, DDG. Youngsters ready to step up. And everyone going into the season in a good stable happy place :)

If we can ship Rojo and Darmian our it will be a good window in my eyes. Not perfect but good! Can see big improvements in team play / style. Huge improvements in fitness. Now have one of the best def in the league. New deals for a lot of players Rashford, Martial, DDG. Youngsters ready to step up. And everyone going into the season in a good stable happy place :)

Plenty to be optimistic about for sure but there are a few things that fans will point out mainly the lack of real quality in midfield and our best centre mid doesnt want to be here in all honesty.Think we will add one more today but will be a striker,prob llorente.Will be nice to watch games having a proper defence in place now also

Plenty to be optimistic about for sure but there are a few things that fans will point out mainly the lack of real quality in midfield and our best centre mid doesnt want to be here in all honesty.Think we will add one more today but will be a striker,prob llorente.Will be nice to watch games having a proper defence in place now also
If reports are true about Lukaku and Pogba bust up about Lukaku being a **** towards the club on social media and sulking are true. Maybe he isn’t itching to leave like most think. I never thought he would and think it’s all contract guff.

i really hope this inaki williams rumor is true i dont see it hapening tho been 1 of those high quality wonderkids on fm for a few years know

Big issue here however is Athletic are notorious for making clubs hit the buyout clause for their players (Obviously due to their narrow recruitment policies they are tough to negotiate with). At 88 million euros its a huge ask even after selling Lukaku. Would I like to see this happen absolutely but I just cant see us activating the release clause on a player like Williams.

Don’t see where our fans are coming from saying we are now gonna finish mid table. Most probably upset with no new shiny toys!

I really can’t see apart from City anyone that has significantly strengthened below us or ahead of us. Think we have done some very good buisness.

Big issue here however is Athletic are notorious for making clubs hit the buyout clause for their players (Obviously due to their narrow recruitment policies they are tough to negotiate with). At 88 million euros its a huge ask even after selling Lukaku. Would I like to see this happen absolutely but I just cant see us activating the release clause on a player like Williams.

i really told myself i wouldnt be negative going into the new season but look how long the maguire and wan bissaka deals took.I dont think any of us can expect ed and co to get inaki williams in with so little time remaining based on how weve operated this summer.Inaki is a great athlete and suits the PL but if they were looking at him then negotiations should have begun long ago.Maybe they did who knows.Hurry up window and close please

Don’t see where our fans are coming from saying we are now gonna finish mid table. Most probably upset with no new shiny toys!

I really can’t see apart from City anyone that has significantly strengthened below us or ahead of us. Think we have done some very good buisness.
Most teams didn't need crazy strengthening, just depth. Liverpool did that using youth, while City got Rodri and Cancelo. Tottenham, if they complete lo Celso, have also strengthened better (with Sessegnon and Ndombele), although you can argue they need a striker backup to Kane. Chelsea, with Pulisic, tried to compensate for Hazard leaving. Early days, but Pulisic will turn out to be a good player. Arsenal, I don't know, dark horses, but Pepe is a good signing for them, they need a proper CB though.

I get the optimism, but we have significantly strengthened because we needed to. Other teams didn't. A CM along a Striker would mean we would have had close to a perfect window. As it stands, City have had the best transfer window among the Top 6. Can make a case for Wolves outside it (Leicester too, if they were able to replace Maguire).

We still have an incomplete window (no matter how you look at it). We don't have the proper players to actually play a 3 man midfield (I'm not including youth players here - they will be backup). And an injury to Pogba leaves us screwed. So, while it has been a good window, and performances have been good in pre-season (pinch of salt), it can hit a barrier. But however, definitely can go into the season with cautious optimism, with the additions we have made.

Most teams didn't need crazy strengthening, just depth. Liverpool did that using youth, while City got Rodri and Cancelo. Tottenham, if they complete lo Celso, have also strengthened better (with Sessegnon and Ndombele), although you can argue they need a striker backup to Kane. Chelsea, with Pulisic, tried to compensate for Hazard leaving. Early days, but Pulisic will turn out to be a good player. Arsenal, I don't know, dark horses, but Pepe is a good signing for them, they need a proper CB though.

I get the optimism, but we have significantly strengthened because we needed to. Other teams didn't. A CM along a Striker would mean we would have had close to a perfect window. As it stands, City have had the best transfer window among the Top 6. Can make a case for Wolves outside it (Leicester too, if they were able to replace Maguire).

We still have an incomplete window (no matter how you look at it). We don't have the proper players to actually play a 3 man midfield (I'm not including youth players here - they will be backup). And an injury to Pogba leaves us screwed. So, while it has been a good window, and performances have been good in pre-season (pinch of salt), it can hit a barrier. But however, definitely can go into the season with cautious optimism, with the additions we have made.
Yeah but Spurs have lost Trippier, Llorente, The other STR. Want to sell Wanyama. Eriksen could be off. Aurier longterm injurie. I don’t see them any stronger tbh. Same for Arsenal selling Ramsey and Kosh plus other don’t think there any stronger either.

Back