The Manchester United Thread

We replaced Fellaini who didn’t fit anyway with Mctominey who has shown he’s more than good enough to step up and become a top player for us. I see it as 2 steps forward this Summer and none back really including losing Herrera. And especially with the other work we have done off the field. Lukaku will be missed against fodder teams but not in the crunch games plus Mandzukic is still on per Ducker latest. We won’t have a set winger anyway as Ole wants a fluid high energy front 3.

McTominay isn't replacing everyone mate lol. People say he is replacing Herrera & Fellaini & Lukaku too maybe?

McTominay isn't replacing everyone mate lol. People say he is replacing Herrera & Fellaini & Lukaku too maybe?
Mctominey has basically taken Fellaini squad role so didn’t need to sign a replacement! You don’t always have to spend for replacement that’s why we have a great academy for which we have invested heavily in the last 3/4 yrs in.

Last edited:
Breaking: Inter Milan make improved offer of £70m plus bonuses for Man Utd striker Romelu Lukaku #mufc

Take it and get Mandzukic!!

BBC saying it’s almost done. Thank god!!!

Last edited:
The whole point of the forwards is that they all need to improve. Don’t need more forwards. Need better performances. Midfield is where we need a quality player.

The whole point of the forwards is that they all need to improve. Don’t need more forwards. Need better performances. Midfield is where we need a quality player.

Preach!

Although I do want Manzukic for the mentality and determination. My inner FM manager needs to pair him with youngsters (6)

It's a massive ask though Mike would you not agree? A team battling to get back in CL without a forward who has a consistent goalscoring record? Apart from Sanchez obviously, but meh I don't know what even he is anymore at our club.

Martial and Rashford have got to have the goalscoring season of their lives basically....

Last edited:
Why is everyone whinging that it's going to be another season of doom and gloom. Ole's key aim this window was to sort out the defence which has been substandard since Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic left. By signing Wan and Maguire he may have done that. Yes the club looks a little light in midfield but there are young players coming through the Academy who have a big season ahead in terms of possible break throughs. Tuanzebe hasn't gone on loan, Greenwood looks to be getting a chance and McTominay is finally proving people wrong, whilst Gomes, Pereira, et al will also get a chance over the coming months. There is a lot to be happy about and only time will tell if it has really been a poor close season or not. If come October the club is struggling then is the time to start getting ****** off.

Why is everyone whinging that it's going to be another season of doom and gloom. Ole's key aim this window was to sort out the defence which has been substandard since Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic left. By signing Wan and Maguire he may have done that. Yes the club looks a little light in midfield but there are young players coming through the Academy who have a big season ahead in terms of possible break throughs. Tuanzebe hasn't gone on loan, Greenwood looks to be getting a chance and McTominay is finally proving people wrong, whilst Gomes, Pereira, et al will also get a chance over the coming months. There is a lot to be happy about and only time will tell if it has really been a poor close season or not. If come October the club is struggling then is the time to start getting ****** off.

Obviously wait and see how it all plays out I agree with you there, but I'll be shocked if we don't regret not strengthening that midfield or replacing Lukaku. Don't get me wrong I'm not even a fan, but he still brought the goals that others didn't at times even last season, which was weaker for him.

Last edited:

personally speaking i think its far from doom and gloom.Its been a little uninspiring admittedly but the defence has been strengthened significantly and thats the cornerstone of every great team.Should have been better prepared but the squad still has lots of quality,promising youngsters and a few who have a point to prove.Im really excited and cant wait for the season to start now although the window has become such a chore imo

It's a massive ask though Mike would you not agree? A team battling to get back in CL without a forward who has a consistent goalscoring record? Apart from Sanchez obviously, but meh I don't know what even he is anymore at our club.

Martial and Rashford have got to have the goalscoring season of their lives basically....

Not really, because that's the standard really. They need to be scoring 20+ goals a season each (in all comps). That's basic standard for quality forwards

I think the game has changed to the point where having a so called out and out goalscorer is no longer a necessity.If lingard,rashford and martial can be a little more prolific with the likes of james,greenwood,mata etc chipping in too i expect to see a better goal output thats for sure and will soften the blow of losing lukaku

Medical tomorrow for Lukuku will be on 300k a week and Utd have a sell on clause also in the deal. Ed done good tbh with that deal.

i really hope this inaki williams rumor is true i dont see it hapening tho been 1 of those high quality wonderkids on fm for a few years know

why does everyone hate smalling so much everyone thinks we should sell him tbh rojo & jones yes either loan with option to buy or full sale but smalling is an amazing centre back probably been 1 of our most consistent since evans/vidic/ferdinand

Back