The Manchester United Thread

Yeah but Spurs have lost Trippier, Llorente, The other STR. Want to sell Wanyama. Eriksen could be off. Aurier longterm injurie. I don’t see them any stronger tbh. Same for Arsenal selling Ramsey and Kosh plus other don’t think there any stronger either.

They fixed one of their biggest issue with Ndombele. They can now use and push Eriksen or Alli more up. Just check Alli last season with before ones and you can see how much less affect he has in final third. Ndombele looks class in midfield.

For ST they have Parrot, a bit much to ask from youngster, but the window is not over so lets wait and see.

They fixed one of their biggest issue with Ndombele. They can now use and push Eriksen or Alli more up. Just check Alli last season with before ones and you can see how much less affect he has in final third. Ndombele looks class in midfield.

For ST they have Parrot, a bit much to ask from youngster, but the window is not over so lets wait and see.
If Eriksen goes there midfield is a lot weaker imo even with Ndombele and if Wanyama goes which looks likely.

simon stone doesnt think we will sign anyone now and i tend to agree

simon stone doesnt think we will sign anyone now and i tend to agree
He might be right but he’s been terrible like most this window regarding Utd. It’s a good thing really from the leak days of the past! And right now Di Marzio and Sky Germany are saying we are confident in Mandzukic.

He might be right but he’s been terrible like most this window regarding Utd. It’s a good thing really from the leak days of the past! And right now Di Marzio and Sky Germany are saying we are confident in Mandzukic.

yeah ive seen theres still a few rumours about mandzukic/llorente/inaki but regarding di marzio he hasnt exactly been great either

Hard pass on Llorente. I'd pass on Mandzukic too. Inaki Williams sounds interesting (haven't seen him play, mind), but doubtful it'll happen. Mandzukic seems more likely.

Hard pass on Llorente. I'd pass on Mandzukic too. Inaki Williams sounds interesting (haven't seen him play, mind), but doubtful it'll happen. Mandzukic seems more likely.

mandzukic or llorente IF anyone else arives.inaki williams is so rapid,the thought of him alongside rashford and martial/lingard/james is scary but too late in the day now i think.

If this window is as good as some of you are making out... why are we scratching around on deadline day to buy Llorente or Mandzukic.

With our sales if we include Rojo as well, our net spend once again will be like £40m.

Problem is some of you lot fall in to the trap of Glazernomics. But you were the same people saying that we needed a CM last season badly.

Not negative, Just realistic, this window has been average at best.

Sounds like there both off now mate. Which is fine as Juve tried to up the price and his demands wages/ contract length put us off. More game time for Greenwood in the cups.

Zzeezzy we are hardly scratching around desperately. If that was the case we would of paid what Juve wanted. We likely was after a cheap option on a short term contract to suite Ole style.

Williams and Llorente was pure absolute bollocks! Quashed right away!

Hardly been average lol. And who the **** cares about spend! City pay pennies for players compare to most teams and have one of the best squads in Europe but most Utd fans wank how they do buisness lol.

Last edited:
If this window is as good as some of you are making out... why are we scratching around on deadline day to buy Llorente or Mandzukic.

With our sales if we include Rojo as well, our net spend once again will be like £40m.

Problem is some of you lot fall in to the trap of Glazernomics. But you were the same people saying that we needed a CM last season badly.

To be honest I don't think the club are looking to buy anyone else it's just the media trying to make it look like they are. After all they have said that there were agreements between player and club for Fernandes, Mandzukic and Eriksen only for it all to be total bollocks. The main business today will be getting rid of Rojo.

Stop telling us what we think. It's the height of bellendry doing that

Stop telling us what we think. It's the height of bellendry doing that
He thinks he is the only one who knows the truth just ignore him. The truth is he is really just a gloom a doom merchant.

I must say its get tiresome hearing the constant negativity surrounding our window Zzezzy. We had a terrible defense last year, we had a bad lockeroom last year, both these things have been turned around. Its nearly impossible fill every need in a single window. City are successful these days because they literally address one problem at a time, too much turnover doesn't help anyone.

AWB and Maguire are massive signings which massivesly improve a team that lacked character and defensive nous. Stop whining and actually appreciate the fact that we targetted our greatest need, which was not a CM!

I absoultely get that its frustrating but we arent top dog anymore.We are one of the big six but have done very well in this window in maguire and wan bissaka.Our defence for years has been awful.In order for ole to execute his gameplan we desperately need a strong defence so a massive plus for this season.Yes a new centre mid would have been great but not at the expense of losing out on one of those defenders.Losing lukaku doesnt fill me with dread like some are saying (jermaine jenas i m looking at you haha)and shows what faith the coaching staff have in greenwood.If we crash and burn finishing outside 4 or 5 then fine have a moan but i feel we will finisher higher

I just hope Ole gets another window or 2 to build HIS team.. Sick of us having different managers and different transfers done.

I just hope Ole gets another window or 2 to build HIS team.. Sick of us having different managers and different transfers done.

im sure he will.Achieving champions league football wil mean a bigger budget and this was always a long term(3 yr)plan to get us back challenging

Totally agree with this, it's the constant chopping and changing of the manager which got the club in this place to begin with. It is proven time and time again that a successful club usually has a long term management and or coaching set up, Liverpool had it in the 70's and 80's with their 'bootroom', Nottingham had it under Clough, Arsenal to a lesser extent have had it with Wegner and United had it with both Ferguson and Busby, stability at the top means stability at the bottom as well. United don't have that stability so are suffering.

The issue is not a lack of funds and hasnt been for 5 years. WE've spent more than virtually any other club in that period. We've just spent badly, and we usually fail to sell well. This time we might be selling well. and We've failed on one front - centre mid

Last edited:
Back