The Manchester United Thread

Woodward and the Glazers have bought into Solskjaer's vision of the future and his desire to rebuild the club around a squad largely made up of young, hungry, domestic talent. #mufc [Standard]

Dybala was never Solskjaer's first choice attacking option. Jadon Sancho was the target he set his sights on early doors and still his main target as talks will continue. #mufc [Standard]

Rather than panic buys, Solskjaer’s preference was to put faith in young players like Greenwood, Gomes, Chong etc and find solutions from within. #mufc [Standard]

Manchester United to resume search for technical director https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49282584 …

6. Strengthened CB/RB, but neglected CM (and ultimately ST). CM is more worrisome.
Also, is MUTV worth it? I already have a local provider for all of the PL matches, so dunno if I need to get it.

Honestly don't know mate, just saw a deal that made it basically 1.30 odd a month and thought I'd post here for United fans

6. Strengthened CB/RB, but neglected CM (and ultimately ST). CM is more worrisome.
Also, is MUTV worth it? I already have a local provider for all of the PL matches, so dunno if I need to get it.
Its great for u23s u18s and women’s team. Nearly has all the matches if not then they always have extended highlights

United fans will love what Paul Pogba said in new adidas video
Paul Pogba has described how special it is to wear the Manchester United shirt as speculation continues to mount over his future at the club.

Trasnfer window - thoughts? Regrets?
Do you know I think when the transfer window closes it’s a great feeling of relief now it’s done now we know we’re looking forward with and I’m delighted with the three we’ve signed.

Did you expect more signings?
Well that’s not the feeling indie the club and the feeling with the fans I’ve met are excited with the ones we’ve had there are always going to be fans out there wanting to sign players that’s part and parcel of being here.

The players are here now and have been shown that trust and we believe in them.

Lukaku? Disappointed with him?
It was time now for Rom to go because I think we got a good deal, he’s happy so I think both parties ended that deal as it should be. Rom was injured for a while this pre-season, didn’t participate so I just hope for him he’ll get a good start at Inter Milan.

Pogba?
Always the same, he’s been great, I’ve always said every time I’ve been asked about Paul, when he comes in plays, trains he’s absolutely fantastic. He’s key for us this season.

Lukaku goals loss?
Of course Rom has a good record and stats he’s one of the top number nines around when you wanna play with that kind of striker, target man, for me I’m very confident that we’ll get goals from Martial, Rashford, James will create, I’m sure Jesse Lingard will get more. We have a different attacking set-up this month.

Attack better than last season?
Towards the end of last season we didn’t score a lot of goals and you do think players will have an impact and Mason Greenwood pathway would have been a lot more different if we had another forward there and I believe Mason is going to be playing and involved a lot and when he is he’s going to score goals. All the kids will play.

Understand fans negative mood?
Of course we want to put that right and the only way we can put an doubts is by playing good football, showing the team we want to be, the style we want to play and our fans when they see that intention have always been supporting the team but within the team and the club we’re feeling very confident and don’t feel that negativity you’re talking about.

Net spend? Money there to make changes needed?
I said earlier in pre-season last season as well it’s not about a quick fix it’s a long rebuild, about the right players right people in and it’s not about suddenly changing it at all when you haven’t got the right ones and he correct answers from the players you wanted to have if it’s doubt most of the time there’s no doubt and you’d rather trust the ones we have.

There is money available when the right players are available.

On facing Lampard
Just happy he’s not playing, he’d score goals wouldn’t he? It’s no different to any other manager we’re not players anymore, we’re managers and we had a managers’ meeting on Wednesday and I spoke to him there.

Sanchez? Could he go?
Alexis has come in and trained well, of course he’s four or five weeks behind the boys and he has not played apart from the one behind closed doors here, I think he’ll see this as an opportunity as well to make his mark.

I do expect him to stay, there’s a striker there we think is going to be able to score some goals.

Captain?
There’s a few here in that group beneath Ashley and there are some leaders. You might get a clue on Sunday.

Players still leave?
There might be, the thing is it’s not about who we don’t want here, it’s about who we want here and you’re gonna see that in the team selections and who’s with us in the long run.

Thoughts on VAR
I am for it when it makes the factual decisions correct. so if you are offside two yards, two centimetres, you are off. That is a big thing. As long as it happens quickly it is going to be a benefit and make the league more fair.

Why United did not sign a Romelu Lukaku replacement
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Manchester United did not recruit a replacement for Romelu Lukaku in order to prioritise the development of Mason Greenwood.

Good presser from Ole! Can’t wait till Sunday now :)

Ole didn't look comfortable today when asked the questions about transfer window. Think he expected more himself but can't say that.

Formation you lot think he'll go with?

go proper FM

3 at the back, 4 across the middle. pog in the #10. rash/martial up top :p

DDG-AwB-Lindelof-Maguire-Shaw-McTominay-Pogba-Greenwood-Lingard-Martial-Rashford. I reckon this has a reasonable chance of being our team against Chelsea. Or, we may finally see Mata at #10, with Lingard on the right. Eh. Let's see.

Whatever we do we need Mata at #10 consistently with all that pace around him. When he doesn't play move Pogba there and put Fred into midfield.

having seen a fair bit of gomes now,where do you all think he is most effective?

Why not Gomes? Looked fantastic in pre-season.

Because there is nobody in our squad better in that position than Mata. Yes I think Gomes' best position is #10 but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Its going to be a rotation of Mata/Lingard/Pogba starting there. Gomes will get a few sub appearances and the odd start in a cup (fixtures permitting).

Yeah it’s not even close between Mata and Gomes just yet even though he’s a fantastic talent. I expect Gomes to float between Wide/CM/AM throughout the season and excel where ever he plays

Are we going to just see Gomes in reserves all season again if Mata performs as average as last season? That's my worry.

Last edited:
Are we going to just see Gomes in reserves all season again if Mata performs as average as last season? That's my worry.
This answer your question ;)

Lmg0juP.jpg

No Greenwood, Chong or Gomes tonight!

Back