The Manchester United Thread

Finished 3-0. Elanga was absolutely incredible. Won’t be in the u18s long if he keeps up that kind of performance. Mengi stood out at CB. Nice to see new signing Hoogewerf get some mins. And Shola Shortire who I would say is on the same level talent wise as Greenwood playing well ahead of his years. Lot of talent at every age group now and not just good talent, top talent.
We really need to stick with this structure now. The blueprint has been there since Ajax all them years ago and for whatever reason we haven't really replicated it (class of 92 days aside). Only Barca have made a go of it but no surprise with Cruyff.

This is probably the biggest reason why a DOF is so important. Not just for first team transfers, but to keep that philosophy through the full club so the transition is minimal. Focus on making our own play the same football as the first team from a young age and the transfers take care of themselves.

Should have been done straight away after Fergie. 6 years of chopping and changing managers. Different philosophy's and styles. Spending then sacking so left with a squad not fitting the new managers philosophy. Was on the right track with Van Gaal.

Before we sign another player for this squad we need to get a DOF in. The style Ole is playing and how he's trying to transform the club top to bottom is the way to go. But we need that link. Somebody on the same page that will continue this after Ole. And keep it going for years. That's more important than signing any player

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

We really need to stick with this structure now. The blueprint has been there since Ajax all them years ago and for whatever reason we haven't really replicated it (class of 92 days aside). Only Barca have made a go of it but no surprise with Cruyff.

This is probably the biggest reason why a DOF is so important. Not just for first team transfers, but to keep that philosophy through the full club so the transition is minimal. Focus on making our own play the same football as the first team from a young age and the transfers take care of themselves.

Should have been done straight away after Fergie. 6 years of chopping and changing managers. Different philosophy's and styles. Spending then sacking so left with a squad not fitting the new managers philosophy. Was on the right track with Van Gaal.

Before we sign another player for this squad we need to get a DOF in. The style Ole is playing and how he's trying to transform the club top to bottom is the way to go. But we need that link. Somebody on the same page that will continue this after Ole. And keep it going for years. That's more important than signing any player

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Think we are not necessarily going the DOF route but a structure that will accomplish the same thing. The foundations are already set now at academy level for what your asking for. And now with Nicky Butts new role being that true connection and link between getting the right players from the academy into the first team working closely with Ole and his team now, the hard parts done. Now we need to complete the committee to work along with Ole and his team for first team recruitment and we will be in a very strong place going forward.

From the embargo part of the presser.

On promoting youth instead of signing new players
"You can call it a gamble. I am just staying true to what I believe in. I believe in this way of managing a football club.

I am paid to manage for the club and it is not just about me getting results now to get my reputation or whatever.

It is about the club going forward in the right direction. If we don’t make these decisions now, they will have to be done in 12 months’ time or 18 months or 24 months because at some point these kids will have to be a part of Manchester United. That has always been the case."

On youth getting chances
"That is a fair reflection (that young players will be given a chance). They have impressed over the last six weeks and in the months before the summer. That is why they went on tour and that is why we have given them so many minutes.

It is not fair on them to be regulars in this team. Of course, we have got experienced players, but they will come in and give us something extra."

On Maguire and van Dijk comparisons
"I don’t want to compare us to Liverpool or Harry to van Dijk. But I know Harry is going to have a massive impact on us, yes.

Already this week when he has been in, you can see the impact he has got as a presence in the group.

I’m delighted we have got Harry in because he’s going to be great for this club. He was always my number one target.

He has already shown what a presence he will be and what an impact he will have in the squad. He’s a leader, an established international, a goal threat and a very, very good defender - but also a very composed ball player."

Ole: “I’d like to think you will see what kind of team we want to be, the intensity we want. It’s not going to be functioning perfectly straight away. Hopefully, you should see the signs of the team I would want to be in, say, 12 months.” #mufc [Guardian]

Delighted u23s GK Paul Wooston and CB Luca Ercolani have signed new deals. Both been very good and consistent for the last couple seasons.

And very very happy these players now have full clearance to play. At u18s/16s

GK Johan Guandagbo(16) from Bronby in Sweden
ST Dillion Hergwoorf(16) from Ajax
AM/CM/WIN Mateo Majia(16) from Zaragoza

Now just waiting for these to get clearance after also signing this Summer.

CM Hannibal Mejbri(16) from Lyon
CB Bojan Hardley(16) from Breda in Holland

DDG, AWB, Maguire, Lindeløf, Shaw, Mctominey, Periera, Pogba, Lingard, Martial, Rashford. Exciting line up!

Tuanzebe, Greenwood on the bench.

DDG, AWB, Maguire, Lindeløf, Shaw, Mctominey, Periera, Pogba, Lingard, Martial, Rashford. Exciting line up!

Tuanzebe, Greenwood on the bench.

Bar the last game against Milan where he scored, I actually think Lingard has been very underwhelming in pre-season (compared to other players especially). However I hope we see Messi Lingard today and not the one that we saw last season in the final months especially.

Bar the last game against Milan where he scored, I actually think Lingard has been very underwhelming in pre-season (compared to other players especially). However I hope we see Messi Lingard today and not the one that we saw last season in the final months especially.
He was solid nothing more in pre season. But is absolutely perfect for Ole system and can defo step up. Chelsea team is shocking!

Still early times, but not a particularly confidence inducing ten minutes. Don't think we have seen much of the ball at all. And Chelsea's intensity is so much more, and their pressing.

If we're brutally honest, Chelsea should have scored a few. Although I think our defence has been a positive so far, but having to soak up a lot of pressure. Midfield is the issue, no surprise though.

Chelsea finds way too many space between our midfield and our line of defense. We are very dangerous in transition, and so are Chelsea. We can't elaborate in possession, tho, but that was expected due to our lack of creativity. Pogba is not playing well. AWB, Rash and Lingard are my positives.

That’s a top class counter goal. Great assist from Periera and finish from Martial :)

**** off Chelsea 3-0 Pogba to Rashford beautiful!!! The pace in our attack is dangerous as ****!

Last edited:
We are dynamite on the counter. But a bit worrying apart from that. **** it though 3-0!

Defence has been superb, Maguire looks a perfect fit. Lindelof different gravy today too.

Back