The Manchester United Thread

Maguire and AWB despite people moaning about lack of transfers will completely change this side and let the attackers go and attack and have the confidence the defence won’t be like a sieve and be exposed.

Maguire and AWB despite people moaning about lack of transfers will completely change this side and let the attackers go and attack and have the confidence the defence won’t be like a sieve and be exposed.

That seems like an unnecessary dig at those who - like me - felt like we needed to do more. I was one of the few who had a positive opinion about Maguire signing in the early days of the window. His transfer is not something that the board can brag about - we needed a wc defender since LVG days, so it's way overdue.

Don't think anyone would dispute that mate, it's just the midfield holding up throughout the season that's mine and others concern.

Don't think anyone would dispute that mate, it's just the midfield holding up throughout the season that's mine and others concern.

I'm not paid to have concerns about what might be, or what might not be.
I just had a great day out in the pub with my mates watching the team I've supported since the 70's beat Chelsea 4-0.

I'm no armchair manager... They will conduct the business as they see fit and if I find the resulting football entertaining, I'll watch it.
If I don't, I'll immerse myself in other interests.

That seems like an unnecessary dig at those who - like me - felt like we needed to do more. I was one of the few who had a positive opinion about Maguire signing in the early days of the window. His transfer is not something that the board can brag about - we needed a wc defender since LVG days, so it's way overdue.
But the board should be given credit for getting Ole his number 1 target no matter the cost and how long it took. It’s one thing I’m confident about more than I have been for ****** ages is the board getting fully behind the manager for once.

Just saw the highlights love Daniel James celebration that is what football is about.

Okay, after the euphoria from that game. It was a pretty good performance all around. Honestly, we can even consider playing Fred and McTominay in a double midfield pivot, and allow Pogba freedom to move up-front (or even in a #10 role). Atleast ensures that we have more dynamism.

But onto the match, it was a pretty decent performance. Maguire knows he needs to be more vocal and marshall his defence. Shaw was caught out a few times, and AwB, for all his speed, was caught out 2 or 3 times which almost resulted in a goal each time (if not for DDG and the post). He is young, though, and excellent, and can only improve that side of his game. Overall, a decent performance from him. Lindelof had a couple of errors, but you can see the difference Maguire brings to the side. A stability.

As for CM, it was a good performance. McTominay was steady and did his job. Pereira was okay (I still don't what exactly is his best role, and that is frankly worrying). We need Pogba to step up and perform on a week to week basis (he was the difference in the second half). We need to get Fred up to scratch (despite the pre-season miss) and see if we can re-energize the same midfielder who turned up for Shakhtar week in and out. We really should have signed another midfielder (sigh. But no use crying over spilt milk).

Up-top, it was a really good performance. Rashford and Lingard both pressing and helping out defensively (finally, Lingard came good again). Martial put in a decent performance and congrats to James on his debut goal! He will get many more of those. Just for context, he was at the halfway line, with Pogba way ahead of him. His speed to reach the box was insane, this kid has some crazy speed in him, and seems fearless and passionate to be here. We need more of him for sure, and we will see more of him.

I'm quite happy overall, and it also felt good to see DDG close to being his best again. Did we finally tie up his contract? But I'm excited and now onto the next one, which is another test. But yeah, we really should be in for another winger/striker and midfielder in January (if available).

Okay, after the euphoria from that game. It was a pretty good performance all around. Honestly, we can even consider playing Fred and McTominay in a double midfield pivot, and allow Pogba freedom to move up-front (or even in a #10 role). Atleast ensures that we have more dynamism.

But onto the match, it was a pretty decent performance. Maguire knows he needs to be more vocal and marshall his defence. Shaw was caught out a few times, and AwB, for all his speed, was caught out 2 or 3 times which almost resulted in a goal each time (if not for DDG and the post). He is young, though, and excellent, and can only improve that side of his game. Overall, a decent performance from him. Lindelof had a couple of errors, but you can see the difference Maguire brings to the side. A stability.

As for CM, it was a good performance. McTominay was steady and did his job. Pereira was okay (I still don't what exactly is his best role, and that is frankly worrying). We need Pogba to step up and perform on a week to week basis (he was the difference in the second half). We need to get Fred up to scratch (despite the pre-season miss) and see if we can re-energize the same midfielder who turned up for Shakhtar week in and out. We really should have signed another midfielder (sigh. But no use crying over spilt milk).

Up-top, it was a really good performance. Rashford and Lingard both pressing and helping out defensively (finally, Lingard came good again). Martial put in a decent performance and congrats to James on his debut goal! He will get many more of those. Just for context, he was at the halfway line, with Pogba way ahead of him. His speed to reach the box was insane, this kid has some crazy speed in him, and seems fearless and passionate to be here. We need more of him for sure, and we will see more of him.

I'm quite happy overall, and it also felt good to see DDG close to being his best again. Did we finally tie up his contract? But I'm excited and now onto the next one, which is another test. But yeah, we really should be in for another winger/striker and midfielder in January (if available).
Gary Neville said afterwards in an interview he’s been told it’s done just not announced yet. And will be captain more often than not.

Also Dan James has more gls than Lukaku did against the top 6 in his whole time he was here just read on Simon Stones tweet. That’s shocking tbh! Scored goals but not in the crunch games.

Last edited:
Gary Neville said afterwards in an interview he’s been told it’s done just not announced yet. And will be captain more often than not.

Also Dan James has more gls than Lukaku did against the top 6 in his whole time he was here just read on Simon Stones tweet. That’s shocking tbh! Scored goals but not in the crunch games.
That could also be symptomatic. Mou had Lukaku alone up-top as a target man, without any real service, and more often than not, the ball was lumped up to him. Now, against normal teams, it's still manageable. Against top teams, you can't be a lone TM. ****, you can't be a lone striker itself, isolated without any real service. He will obviously struggle.

I'm not stating that it was the sole cause for him under-performing against top teams. Pressure sometimes got to him, and he missed silly chances. But all of it contributed to it. But anyhow, despite the disappointing end to his United career, where he ****** around after being professional throughout, I'm still happy we had him for two/three seasons. Felt we did not see the best Lukaku in action, but what have you.

To channel my inner ZZ... "But Manchester has ten letters? And UTD has three!!... Add them up?? It's 13!!! :O"

We are ****** :S

Stop being pathetic for once, posting with these sarcastic little digs that you like to do. There is literally nothing I've said recently that justifies this type of post.

Last edited:
That could also be symptomatic. Mou had Lukaku alone up-top as a target man, without any real service, and more often than not, the ball was lumped up to him. Now, against normal teams, it's still manageable. Against top teams, you can't be a lone TM. ****, you can't be a lone striker itself, isolated without any real service. He will obviously struggle.

I'm not stating that it was the sole cause for him under-performing against top teams. Pressure sometimes got to him, and he missed silly chances. But all of it contributed to it. But anyhow, despite the disappointing end to his United career, where he ****** around after being professional throughout, I'm still happy we had him for two/three seasons. Felt we did not see the best Lukaku in action, but what have you.
Thats what I thought mate but after looking even in teams like WBA and especially Everton that played to his strengths all be it lesser teams his record against said teams is still shocking.

Manchester United continue to plan for the future. Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is sending young attacking midfielder midfielder Aidan Barlow to his native Norway for further development. He'll play on loan in the top flight for Tromso, in the Arctic Circle.#MUFC#MUYouth

FB Gorge Tanner also going out on loan.

After the loaning of Aiden Barlow to Tromsõ yesterday. They have officially announced that 14 yr old CM Isak Hansen Aaroén has officially joined on a pre contract with us. He will stay there till he’s 16. And reports in Norway are saying that the 2 clubs will announce a official partnership shortly. :) Good news this signing and partnership imo he’s already killing it in there reserve team despite him just about to turn 15. Think it was Mitten the other day saying Utd were looking start partnership with a few clubs round Europe. Another good move!

Just been reading that new signing from Zaragoza Mateo Mejia scored 51 gls last season from winger/str :O

Last edited:
Official Joel Pereira has joined Hearts on loan for the season. And MEN reporting Matic told he can leave end of this season and we won’t trigger his extra year. And that James Garner has been promised first team minutes this season.

Official Joel Pereira has joined Hearts on loan for the season. And MEN reporting Matic told he can leave end of this season and we won’t trigger his extra year. And that James Garner has been promised first team minutes this season.

Happy with all of this. Sad about Matic losing his legs though, I always liked from real life to football manager

Back