The Manchester United Thread

This is what Ole wanted. If Martial & Rashford can successfully interchange depending on the game state (e.g. Marcus down the middle when there’s space in behind and plays on the shoulder, Martial when they need a little more guile & link vs deeper lines) then it could be very fruitful

LETS GO LADS

Once we click and fully gel we will be a class team! People need to understand we are still new under Ole and how he completely wants to play.

Safe to say that will have sent a message out although Chelsea have been leaking goals all pre-season.

Pretty amazing second half. Let's mention this right away, Chelsea was fcking terrible defending and pressing. Both collectively and individually.

That aside, Maguire, AWB, Pogba, Tony and Rash were amazing. As everyone said, we're a team built to counter.

The challenge for Ole - as it was for Mourinho - is how to play teams that deny us space to run.

Decent result, am I right?
Good result but there is still work to be done with the midfield, but then that was know anyway. Chelsea's defence were to be honest shocking against the counter.

*******! That was beautiful. And at present, I don't even care about how we played. We trashed them, were lethal on the counter and clinical with our finishing. Excellent.

Also, Pogba. Other than the two assists, he was also pretty good against the press, using his feet. And Dan James. That was beautiful.

And ****!! For the first time in a long time, I was jumping out of my chair! **** of a match. Now, onto the next one. Need to improve and gel together well.

Bodes well for United, they look great on the counter. Frank & Chelsea look tactically naive

It will be vital to our season not to sell Pogba. Can't stress tjis enough.

Play Mata. That's the answer. The amount of times we won teh ball back high up the pitch, but lacked composure highlighted that. Drop Andreas, leaving Lingard wide, start Mata at 10

Play Mata. That's the answer. The amount of times we won teh ball back high up the pitch, but lacked composure highlighted that. Drop Andreas, leaving Lingard wide, start Mata at 10

Bit of a mixed bag from Pereira, but his cross for one of the goals was class.

Exactly what I said when I seen the starting XI

Maguire pretty much stopped a certain goal as well, if anyone goes back to Sky highlights of the match. Around 1 min 15-20 secs into the highlights.

Back