The Manchester United Thread

Be a completely different game to Chelsea as they had the ball more and we played on the break. Won’t be able to do that against Wolves as they employ the same style. 352 sit back then hit teams rapid on the break. We will have to be more attacking and use the ball better as we will have more of it.

I went on Sky Sports News earlier... then wondered why I will ever return after reading this ***** by the b'end Charlie Nicholas: -

I thought Harry Maguire was average, he did everything that was asked of him. He was efficient and got about the pitch, but I don't want to hear nonsense about him being a leader and strong on the pitch already, it is too soon. He has started well, but I am suspect about the right-back and left-back positions at Man Utd. Chelsea could have easily scored two or three. I am still not convinced by Manchester United and I would still sell Paul Pogba.

----------------

Oh my god lol there is so much to pick apart there..... then of course he predicts Wolves to beat us 2-1. He was watching a different game against Chelsea.... Maguire was commanding that backline and vocally talking to them. You could see it on the TV you ****** clown!

Now I agree with this, I get what you're saying Mike but after our results against wolves last season I'm more intrigued by how we come out in this fixture. Wolves are going to be very similar to last season and while there are many variables at play that don't make completely the same I still will take a lot more from this fixture than the Chelsea one.

I get we're early season etc but this for me takes the next step in evaluating how we are mentally from last season. Wolves was a particular sore spot for us all last season because they were the better team last year

I completely disagree any game sets our stall for the season though. That's my point.

I went on Sky Sports News earlier... then wondered why I will ever return after reading this ***** by the b'end Charlie Nicholas: -

I thought Harry Maguire was average, he did everything that was asked of him. He was efficient and got about the pitch, but I don't want to hear nonsense about him being a leader and strong on the pitch already, it is too soon. He has started well, but I am suspect about the right-back and left-back positions at Man Utd. Chelsea could have easily scored two or three. I am still not convinced by Manchester United and I would still sell Paul Pogba.

----------------

Oh my god lol there is so much to pick apart there..... then of course he predicts Wolves to beat us 2-1. He was watching a different game against Chelsea.... Maguire was commanding that backline and vocally talking to them. You could see it on the TV you ****** clown!
Charlie Nicholas dumping on Utd. Shocker.....

Our #MUAcademy U23s made a flying start to the #PL2 season last Friday — more of the same tonight, please!
1f64f.png

1f19a.png
Reading
1f4cd.png
@LSVStadium
1f556.png
19:00 BST
1f3a5.png
#MUTV

----------------

Charlie Nic say no more. He also predicted the Man U v Chelsea game was going to be a close battle, got that wrong as well.

So I checked out of following transfer window entirely, and I can't say it's done me any psychological harm.

U23s won 2-0 but at a cost. About 4 players off injured due to there thug house tactics. Mellor and Garner with the goals. Garner absolutely fantastic again.

Best of luck to #MUAcademy midfielder @EthanHamilton98, who has joined Southend on loan for the 2019/20 campaign.

I completely disagree any game sets our stall for the season though. That's my point.

We'll have to agree to disagree than Mike, although I feel I'm pretty tranparent about my fandom showing in this regard.

#mufc u18s:
10 mins gone
Wolves score from a free kick on the touchline!
Fullback floats it over & wind takes it into top corner . 1-0

Finshed 2-0 Wolves. Utds wastefulness in front of goal cost us in an even match

Last edited:
Please happen!

@Inter for @Alexis_Sanchez :total agreement with the player and agent in England to find the agreement with the @ManUtd . All the details at 11pm @SkySport@SkySportsNews#calciomercato

James is meh, as he was pretty much whole preseason. He needs time to adapt. Other than Pogba holding the ball too long from time to time, no real concers so far. Lindelof and Maguire are dominant, and United fullbacks are too good one on one. Rashford running the game so far and Martial is much better as n9.

James is meh, as he was pretty much whole preseason. He needs time to adapt. Other than Pogba holding the ball too long from time to time, no real concers so far. Lindelof and Maguire are dominant, and United fullbacks are too good one on one. Rashford running the game so far and Martial is much better as n9.

To be fair I imagine this is exactly the opposite kind of game James was expected to have most impact in. When you use him like we did last week he will be much more effective, but still think he has worked very hard for the team.

United is not a midtable Championship team where only requirement is working hard. Problem is - who's gonna play there instead? Sanchez? Maybe Mata and shift Lingard wide? Dalot or Young? Keep James there and give him a chance. He's a lot more than hard working winger.

To be fair I imagine this is exactly the opposite kind of game James was expected to have most impact in. When you use him like we did last week he will be much more effective, but still think he has worked very hard for the team.
Exactly. Him and AWB are absolute beasts when comes to pressing and winning the ball back. James will never be WC but he will be a great player for Ole system. Will be better against open teams and as a sub off the bench. Anybody judging him yet s is a bit silly tbh.

Back