The Manchester United Thread

About time. Love OT but was started to look a bit dated. Nice to know they spent 20m in the off season on improvements with another 30m during the season.

Improved the handicapped section and increased space there, improved some hospitality boxes and improved the VAR area.

Oh ok I thought they had done something else. Wasn't they required to improve the disabled section? So that was enforced.

• One of his best friends has left the club
• He has fallen down the pecking order
• Italy has emerged as his most likely destination

Alexis Sánchez wants to leave Manchester United before the European window closes on September 2, reports @hirstclasshttps://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/alexis-sanchez-wants-to-leave-manchester-united-before-european-window-closes-hgwq95nr6?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1565823703 …

Reports Lindelof set to sign a new longterm deal.

United's u17s beat Aston Villa( mixture of 1st team and reserves) 3-2 in a friendly today Omari Forson x2 & Dillon Hoogewerf with a penalty

Very impressive result despite being a friendly. As nearly all our players were 16 and future star Shola Shortire 15 made up the squad. Great to see new signing Hoogewerf get another goal! And Omari Forson who signed and stared last season has carried on and started this season on fire again. Seen as a lot bigger talent than Emil Forsberg at the same age. Excited times indeed.

Also seen even this morning we have an agreement with Russian attacking wonderkid Pinkyeav to join when he’s 18.

• One of his best friends has left the club
• He has fallen down the pecking order
• Italy has emerged as his most likely destination

Alexis Sánchez wants to leave Manchester United before the European window closes on September 2, reports @hirstclasshttps://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/alexis-sanchez-wants-to-leave-manchester-united-before-european-window-closes-hgwq95nr6?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1565823703 …

Reports Lindelof set to sign a new longterm deal.

Chances are nearly zero on this happening. Roma are the only team interested and cannot afford his wages.

Not to mention we are going to need him at the very least as an extra body. Im also hopeful there a little bit of the old Sanchez in there too, he was decent for Chile this summer.

Chances are nearly zero on this happening. Roma are the only team interested and cannot afford his wages.

Not to mention we are going to need him at the very least as an extra body. Im also hopeful there a little bit of the old Sanchez in there too, he was decent for Chile this summer.
Well If reports are true he was upset how we treated his best friend in the squad Lukaku and a training ground bust up with Greenwood. Better off getting him out the dressing room.

Well If reports are true he was upset how we treated his best friend in the squad Lukaku and a training ground bust up with Greenwood. Better off getting him out the dressing room.

I just don't see a team that can even pay half his wages being interested in him. If the Lukaku thing is real I'm not really sure how it changes the wage thing, Like I'd let him go for free because of the money we'd save not having to pay 350 a week but who at this moment wants him for that money?

Totally agree maybe he should be gone sooner rather than later if not I can see him causing trouble. Sadly however, his high wages and poor performances aren't going to attract decent offers. United need to get him gone even if it means continuing to pay some of his wages in the process. Better to get rid of a potential bad apple early than for it to fester and infect others.

Get rid of the likes of Darmian, Rojo, Sanchez, Mata, Matic before the end of next season. Bring in a top class CM/DM a top class winger/attacker and I agree with a few pundits we won’t be a million miles away under Ole and how he wants us to play. While having one of the youngest squads in the league. Average age against Chelsea was just 24.

Totally agree maybe he should be gone sooner rather than later if not I can see him causing trouble. Sadly however, his high wages and poor performances aren't going to attract decent offers. United need to get him gone even if it means continuing to pay some of his wages in the process. Better to get rid of a potential bad apple early than for it to fester and infect others.

Im going to be pie in the sky about this but Pogba was like Lukaku's bestie and he got tired of the nonsense and apparently they had a falling out because it so maybe with the likes of Pogba beginning to focus on field and a guy like Maguire in the room perhaps Sanchez will come around?

We'll obviously need a cleanout in the following windows but for now we do need the bodies

Marcus Rashford has scored 10 goals vs. the league’s ‘big six’ sides. That’s more than Eden Hazard (8), Raheem Sterling (7), Alexandre Lacazette (5) and Romelu Lukaku (5) have managed since Rashford’s debut.

Big game player.

Now just needs to put away the cannon fodder teams more often and will have an elite top STR and young also to easily score on the same level as Kane, Aguero etc.

Marcus Rashford has scored 10 goals vs. the league’s ‘big six’ sides. That’s more than Eden Hazard (8), Raheem Sterling (7), Alexandre Lacazette (5) and Romelu Lukaku (5) have managed since Rashford’s debut.

Big game player.

Now just needs to put away the cannon fodder teams more often and will have an elite top STR and young also to easily score on the same level as Kane, Aguero etc.

Agreed. I think consistency is more of an age thing for a lot of players and as long as we keep faith with Marcus he will become an elite striker who scores hattricks against Sheffield in the middle of Decemeber

Lukaku was a clown the way he acted just before he left and Sanchez should realise that. But him having a bust up with Greenwood.... kind of sounds like the end for him. If that's true I can't even see Ole putting him in the squad again.

Be interesting to see what them is against Wolves. Very tough away game. I would go with the same. Win this and that’s 2 tough matches ticked off early in the season. Then onto a couple of so called winnable games. Just noticed only kept 2 clean sheets at home last season Wohoo halfway there already :)

Be interesting to see what them is against Wolves. Very tough away game. I would go with the same. Win this and that’s 2 tough matches ticked off early in the season. Then onto a couple of so called winnable games. Just noticed only kept 2 clean sheets at home last season Wohoo halfway there already :)

As much as I'm happy with the Chelsea result, I feel this is the real test as to how we will get on this season. Wolves had our number twice last season and it will be interesting to see if we learn from our mistakes.

As much as I'm happy with the Chelsea result, I feel this is the real test as to how we will get on this season. Wolves had our number twice last season and it will be interesting to see if we learn from our mistakes.

Every game is a test. Wolves doesn't mean any more or less. Could lose and win the next four games. Could win and lose the next 4

Now I agree with this, I get what you're saying Mike but after our results against wolves last season I'm more intrigued by how we come out in this fixture. Wolves are going to be very similar to last season and while there are many variables at play that don't make completely the same I still will take a lot more from this fixture than the Chelsea one.

I get we're early season etc but this for me takes the next step in evaluating how we are mentally from last season. Wolves was a particular sore spot for us all last season because they were the better team last year

Back