The Manchester United Thread

To honest a fair result, but what the F was Pogba doing taking that penalty!

agreed,and its a point gained that we didnt get last season
Coupled with the fact they are on the same number of points as City, and better off than Chelsea

Last edited:
Good performance but frustrating dropping points. More encouraging signs! Most teams will drop more points away to Wolves. 2 tough fixtures 4 points I will take that and onto the next.

Meh what to make of that in the end? Point gained from last season I guess but still feel like we missed a trick here.

Still feel when we have like 68% possession in first half, you really need to create more than one shot, albeit one goal.

Mata was garbage when he came on... but on to the next game.

Meh what to make of that in the end? Point gained from last season I guess but still feel like we missed a trick here.

Still feel when we have like 68% possession in first half, you really need to create more than one shot, albeit one goal.

Mata was garbage when he came on... but on to the next game.

Mata got 10 minutes pal, and he should have started the game, we'd have finished 2 or 3 nil up.

Mata got 10 minutes pal, and he should have started the game, we'd have finished 2 or 3 nil up.

Agree tbh, bit odd that he didn't start considering the type of game it was inevitably going to be.

Agree tbh, bit odd that he didn't start considering the type of game it was inevitably going to be.

Mata should be starting every game where we are looking to dominate posession and play 4-2-3-1. Lingard is entirely reactive, better from wing than 10

Mata should be starting every game where we are looking to dominate posession and play 4-2-3-1. Lingard is entirely reactive, better from wing than 10
I didn't watch the game, but against a tight defense i'd even play Fred over Lingard.

The entire backline closed down Neves immidiately and dude still finds space to score a banger. What a rocket that is. Can't even get mad.

The entire backline closed down Neves immidiately and dude still finds space to score a banger. What a rocket that is. Can't even get mad.
I'm not too mad about the wolves goal tbh. I'm mad we didn't create many chances

As for positives, I guess you can say we fared better against wolves compared to our previous 2 fixtures

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I'm not too mad about the wolves goal tbh. I'm mad we didn't create many chances

As for positives, I guess you can say we fared better against wolves compared to our previous 2 fixtures

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Thought the same. Then read this morning that the Wolves team last season was one of the best sides for conceding the least amount of chances. Fair play they have there system drilled to a T.

Now do you see why I’ve wanted Martial at #9 all these years? Definitely a positive from last night. Has more presence than given credit for, very tidy link game, excellent feet, has that power & directness to drive at centre halves (something we’ve lacked since Rooney) and he’s a world class finisher once he gets 1v1.

Now do you see why I’ve wanted Martial at #9 all these years? Definitely a positive from last night. Has more presence than given credit for, very tidy link game, excellent feet, has that power & directness to drive at centre halves (something we’ve lacked since Rooney) and he’s a world class finisher once he gets 1v1.

His movement hasn't been good enough though. And still needs considerable work. Really like him as a player, but you could easily play Rashford there

His movement hasn't been good enough though. And still needs considerable work. Really like him as a player, but you could easily play Rashford there

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with his movement. He’s been offering runs, halting runs & attacking space - which will only improve with mins & experience. Personally think he’s got the higher ceiling in terms of being a clinical #9. Rashford has more tools but it doesn’t really translate to efficiency.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with his movement. He’s been offering runs, halting runs & attacking space - which will only improve with mins & experience. Personally think he’s got the higher ceiling in terms of being a clinical #9. Rashford has more tools but it doesn’t really translate to efficiency.

I suspect because he's being coached by a manager whose movement as a striker was exceptional. Previously there is no way I'd have had him as a centre forward over Rashford

It wasn't too far back when you and I were the only ones in here saying how ridiculous it was neither Martial nor Rashford were being taught/ moulded into #9's as both had the ideal skill set. Instead of being stuck wide just because they are both rapid. Only to be shouted down.

That soon flipped huh?

Last edited:
It wasn't too far back when you and I were the only ones in here saying how ridiculous it was neither Martial nor Rashford were being taught/ moulded into #9's as both had the ideal skill set. Instead of being stuck wide just because they are both rapid. Only to be shouted down.

That soon flipped huh?

Er.... Martial and Rashford have very different skill sets. Most people saw Rashford as a 9 who needed to bide his time. Martial was nowhere near that, and still has average movement, which he needed to understand he had to develop

The only reason its even beginning because he's being directly coached on his movement. Something that hasn't happened since he arrived. And he's still not a better forward than either Rashford, or movement wise, Greenwood. He's got a long way to go after 2 games. As Ole said" if you want to play as a striker, you have to move like one" After 2 years, he's finally understanding that

Also telling that Rashford is very creative off the left wing, hence the pass for the goal

Last edited: