The Manchester United Thread

Can't stand the man but Souness just hit the nail on the head. People still regard Martial as a young striker. 5th season and doesnt even hit the target with that chance. As ive said for ages, good player on his day, but those days are few and far between. Second coming of Nani. Before we know it he'll be 27 and still banging on about potential like Lingard. The full squad needs a good look at themselves. I could probably count on 1 hand the amount of players I'd keep long term going forward out of that squad.

24 is young for a striker tbf but he deserves more time simply because this is like his first proper season in that position. Although I do agree we need an alternative.

So given now its come out officially about Rashfords injury, and up until the Wolves game the Bruno deal was done and dusted, then all of a sudden Rashford is out for months the deal goes **** up, I was joking with what I said before but it does make you wonder.

24 is young for a striker tbf but he deserves more time simply because this is like his first proper season in that position. Although I do agree we need an alternative.
Even as a winger he's not consistent enough. One good game in 5 if that.

Don’t agree there Steve mate. There’s a good basis of a squad here to take forward. DDG, Romero, Henderson, AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Williams, Dalot, TFM, Fred, Mctominay, Pogba, James, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood. Some others debatable. But we 100% need more quality in the starting 11

Can't stand the man but Souness just hit the nail on the head. People still regard Martial as a young striker. 5th season and doesnt even hit the target with that chance. As ive said for ages, good player on his day, but those days are few and far between. Second coming of Nani. Before we know it he'll be 27 and still banging on about potential like Lingard. The full squad needs a good look at themselves. I could probably count on 1 hand the amount of players I'd keep long term going forward out of that squad.

Dude, you sound more like Zz than Zz himself. You act like strikers don't miss chances. I'd like to see what Martial is like when he has a half decent no. 10 playing behind him

So given now its come out officially about Rashfords injury, and up until the Wolves game the Bruno deal was done and dusted, then all of a sudden Rashford is out for months the deal goes **** up, I was joking with what I said before but it does make you wonder.
Don’t think it has anything to do with each other tbh mate. Ole just admitted now we are looking at a couple of deals. Will see if it happens.

Surprised Ole said he would likely be out 6 weeks then a bit of time for rehab.

****** Zonal marking I absolutely hate it!
Seriously what has he done? What impact has he had on the team? He's no better than Smalling. Infact Smalling is having a better season since being away from this **** hole. As is Lukaku. Considence? Hyped up Maguire coz the England fans did him a song and the English tax on a player. £80m seriously? And we all laughed saying VVD was too much.
Seeing people think Lindelof had a bad game. What were they watching I honestly feel for him having to play alongside Maguire. Seriously it felt like watching a Skrtel regen he never communicates with his CB partner. You see Virgil constantly Communicate with Gomez telling him when he will step up or drop off. Maguire plays CB like he plays on its own. Yeah Lindelof has his weaknesses but on a defensive part of his game he is actually a very good defender. That play on Mane when he showed him onto his left after Maguire left him on his own getting nutmegged by Wiji was excellent.

Seeing people think Lindelof had a bad game. What were they watching I honestly feel for him having to play alongside Maguire. Seriously it felt like watching a Skrtel regen he never communicates with his CB partner. You see Virgil constantly Communicate with Gomez telling him when he will step up or drop off. Maguire plays CB like he plays on its own. Yeah Lindelof has his weaknesses but on a defensive part of his game he is actually a very good defender. That play on Mane when he showed him onto his left after Maguire left him on his own getting nutmegged by Wiji was excellent.
Neither Maguire or a Lindelöf were the problem today.

You forget Smalling had the more or less regular brain fart in him? You forget he's useless with the ball in his feet. He went to a league that's slow paced so all his deficiencies are well hidden.

Not to say he's worth 80M but he's not the problem on the pitch. He has a partner who is more or less average and literally no midfield cover in front of him
Watch the game apart from in the air Lindelof is by far a better defender than Maguire. Maguire cannot lead a line to save his life. It was like watching Skrtel but hey his decent on the ball.

Other attacking players that are out of contract that could be available. Giroud, Gotze, Mertens, Fraser, Kovalenko, Callejon.

Maybe Jovic from Madrid on loan who ain’t playing a game and not fancied.

Ole just said on 5 live. We have been looking at some players. And definitely need to get some in.

Over to you Ed and especially Judge!

Watch the game apart from in the air Lindelof is by far a better defender than Maguire. Maguire cannot lead a line to save his life. It was like watching Skrtel but hey his decent on the ball.

You do make a valid point with the lack of communication. He was brought in to essentially bring some leadership to that backline. So far, I just haven't seen that leadership

You do make a valid point with the lack of communication. He was brought in to essentially bring some leadership to that backline. So far, I just haven't seen that leadership
Which is why it makes me laugh when he gets branded as a leader as he isn't. What ends up happening is you get two CB's playing the game on their own not telling the other when he has dropped off. I watched Maguire closely and he was just playing the line like all that mattered was him not knowing his decisions affect the whole backline. Maguire needs someone next to him to lead him let alone him having the armband.

Just remembered Piatek from AC Milan is available on loan with option to buy
I'd take him without a second thought if he can get his form pre-milan or when he just joined.

One bonus from today is dalot coming on instead of Lingard. Hopefully Ole has put his foot down with him now and had enough

I'd take him without a second thought if he can get his form pre-milan or when he just joined.

One bonus from today is dalot coming on instead of Lingard. Hopefully Ole has put his foot down with him now and had enough
Yeah it’s good to see Dalot back. Clearly looked rusty. Hopefully can stay fit now and provide the squad with some extra good depth. Same goes for Bailly and TFM. We need players back ASAP!