The Manchester United Thread

Not the answer he is a poacher and Milan struggle to get him into the game as the rest of his game is lacklustre.
On loan he will be good enough till the end of the season. As long as Martial, James, Mata and maybe Fernandes can feed him. Still a good player and Milan are a bigger shambles than us atm.

On loan he will be good enough till the end of the season. As long as Martial, James, Mata and maybe Fernandes can feed him. Still a good player and Milan are a bigger shambles than us atm.
I'd get Jimenez from Wolves in the summer. In his prime and has added goals to his game now but most importantly comfortable in both a possesion and counter attacking style of play.

Don’t agree with Maguire not being a leader. Today I admit he seemed a little lost and it didn’t work with him and Lindelöf. But he usually does point and try guiding players. Also noticed on more than a few occasions watching matches back. That he quite often isn’t shy in telling a player to do this or that or calm down a little. Also you always notice him after we score going around the players to get back on it concentrate etc.

I'd get Jimenez from Wolves in the summer. In his prime and has added goals to his game now but most importantly comfortable in both a possesion and counter attacking style of play.
For Sure I would take him or Cavani in the summer. Jimenez first choice. But for now we need to bring someone in.

Don’t agree with Maguire not being a leader. Today I admit he seemed a little lost and it didn’t work with him and Lindelöf. But he usually does point and try guiding players. Also noticed on more than a few occasions watching matches back. That he quite often isn’t shy in telling a player to do this or that or calm down a little. Also you always notice him after we score going around the players to get back on it concentrate etc.

Nah, I've noticed it for a while now, not just this game. You could say he had a bad game but there's a trend in our defending that I'd want to point out

There have been these occasions where I'd see him trying to play offside but Lindelof or some fullback isn't in tune with what he's trying to do. He's supposed to be the one barking orders but he doesn't and there's this disconnect with him and the other defenders.

I personally think he's a good defender but he needs to be much more vocal. I remember the days of Vidic where you'd see him barking at evra and/or Rafeal for not holding their position or not staying with their man on set pieces. Yeah, we desperately miss that

Nah, I've noticed it for a while now, not just this game. You could say he had a bad game but there's a trend in our defending that I'd want to point out

There have been these occasions where I'd see him trying to play offside but Lindelof or some fullback isn't in tune with what he's trying to do. He's supposed to be the one barking orders but he doesn't and there's this disconnect with him and the other defenders.

I personally think he's a good defender but he needs to be much more vocal. I remember the days of Vidic where you'd see him barking at evra and/or Rafeal for not holding their position or not staying with their man on set pieces. Yeah, we desperately miss that
Need to stop this ****** Zonal marking

I think Ole is my new favourite person.

To say there's not a 30 point difference between L'pool and Utd ....

What a man! Doesn't give a F how mental he sounds. He is gonna blunder on oblivious.

I want to live in his head. Sounds like one **** of a mad party!

Respect! ?

I think Ole is my new favourite person.

To say there's not a 30 point difference between L'pool and Utd ....

What a man! Doesn't give a F how mental he sounds. He is gonna blunder on oblivious.

I want to live in his head. Sounds like one **** of a mad party!

Respect! ?
theres not its 33 is it not

theres not its 33 is it not

Will be when we beat West Ham the game-in-hand but it's strictly speaking 30 right now mate. But the fact that he doesn't think the gulf is that wide .....

That type of crazy I tip my hat to! What a man!

Last edited:
Seriously what has he done? What impact has he had on the team? He's no better than Smalling. Infact Smalling is having a better season since being away from this **** hole. As is Lukaku. Considence? Hyped up Maguire coz the England fans did him a song and the English tax on a player. £80m seriously? And we all laughed saying VVD was too much.

Nice to have some brutal honesty on Maguire in here. Forget the van Dijk comparison mate. The better one is .....

Joe Gomez cost £3.4 million. Utd made the very definition of a limited, mediocre CH Maguire the most expensive defender in World football. Joe Gomez, 4 years younger, and 67 less PL games, along with 18 less England games than Harry Maguire. Joe Gomez, part of a first choice CH pairing for the best side in World football who P all over Maguire in most every aspect. Joe Gomez who cost one 22th or so of what Harry Maguire cost. Just stop and think about that.

Your whole back-end is an absolute shambles. That you spent record sums on last summer and haven't improved to any significant degree. De Gea's fallen off a cliff. Christ knows what's going on there? None of the CH group is difference-making. Shaw's been an unmitigated, highly expensive flop. I like AWB. But he's been badly exposed without Hodgson's ultra-defensive system protecting him this year showing up his limitations. The potential for growth is there. But all he is at present is a VERY expensive version of Nathanial Clyne. Who's always been a rock-solid defender who'll consistently give you a 7 out of 10 but can't do S up the other end of the park either. The best of the bunch is Brandon Williams. A 19-year-old kid with 8 league games under his belt! Which is as damning a thing on the rest of the experienced pro's as there possibly could be.

For all it gets brought up in here at how well Utd recruited last summer, the truth, particularly defensively, is the complete opposite if you're honest. As you bluntly have been.

How they got away just conceding 2 today is anyone's guess?

Last edited:
Nice to have some brutal honesty on Maguire in here. Forget the van Dijk comparison mate. The better one is .....

Joe Gomez cost £3.4 million. Utd made the very definition of a limited, mediocre CH Maguire the most expensive defender in World football. Joe Gomez, 4 years younger, and 67 less PL games, along with 18 less England games than Harry Maguire. Joe Gomez, part of a first choice CH pairing for the best side in World football who P all over Maguire in most every aspect. Joe Gomez who cost one 22th or so of what Harry Maguire cost. Just stop and think about that.

Your whole back-end is an absolute shambles. That you spent record sums on last summer and haven't improved to any significant degree. De Gea's fallen off a cliff. Christ knows what's going on there? None of the CH group is difference-making. Shaw's been an unmitigated, highly expensive flop. I like AWB. But he's been badly exposed without Hodgson's ultra-defensive system protecting him this year showing up his limitations. The potential for growth is there. But all he is at present is a VERY expensive version of Nathanial Clyne. Who's always been a rock-solid defender who'll consistently give you a 7 out of 10 but can't do S up the other end of the park either. The best of the bunch is Brandon Williams. A 19-year-old kid with 8 league games under his belt! Which is as damning a thing on the rest of the experienced pro's as there possibly could be.

For all it gets brought up in here at how well Utd recruited last summer, the truth, particularly defensively, is the complete opposite if you're honest. As you bluntly have been.

How they got away just conceding 2 today is anyone's guess?

VVD can make anyone playing right beside him look WC tho. Literally any pairing with VVD will look WC. Psh mate, I think even if you pulled on your cleats and Liverpool gear, signed for the club and played alongside VVD, you'd look half decent as well ?

Last edited:
What I would do to have the Eric Bailly from his first season back tho. And one more point to make is besides Rashford, McT and Fred, who has OGS improved exactly? VVD didn't come straight from Southampton playing like he's playing now, Klopp got him playing levels beyond his Southampton days.

Considering in what hole Napoli is you should go all out for Koulibaly. Might bring some steadiness to back line + sell De Gea (if there is someone wanting him) and give Henderson game time.

I don't get the hate for Maguire I've got to be honest.... he's never a defender worth the price we paid mind. But he genuinely hasn't been bad this season either, he has been one of our most consistent players. That probably doesn't say much but there has been games like City at home where he has been good. Last game against Wolves as well.

AWB & Williams have mostly been great this season, AWB did struggle yesterday and had one of his worst games, but I blame that partly due to the system. He's much more comfortable when playing in a 4 at the back formation. Wing back doesn't suit him.

The main issue at United is the midfield..... if we had Fernandes yesterday then we would have scored at least one..... Pereira's decision making was that of a toddler. The other issue is a striker with a real presence and lack of forward options generally. Dan James looks like he has almost burnt out.

What I would do to have the Eric Bailly from his first season back tho. And one more point to make is besides Rashford, McT and Fred, who has OGS improved exactly? VVD didn't come straight from Southampton playing like he's playing now, Klopp got him playing levels beyond his Southampton days.
Rashford, Mctominay, Martial, Fred. Lindelof been more consistent under Ole. Everyone else been injured lol :(