The Manchester United Thread

Need to get him in in the next couple of days as he will have to go into quarantine for 14 days.
Will everyone be quarantined? Far as I know, only people who travelled to certain countries were put under quarantine.

Anyhow, interesting to see how the midfield evolves with van de Beek now. He can technically play all of our midfield roles, and quite well at that. Against the lesser sides, a deeper midfielder shielding the defence (although Ajax has often used him as part of a two-man pivot (like they did with Frenkie de Jong)). Outside of that, he is a very good playmaker. We haven't had someone with a proper box-to-box presence since Herrera too, so that'll be something too, especially considering his runs.

I dont think they have to if the test are done when arriveed and are negative.

If a Country's on the uK quarantine list, anyone arriving from there has to self isolate regardless. (The fact that next to nobody is being checked up on to see if they are actually obeying the rules and SI, if they've even been stopped coming through the airport to begin with which many haven't, is another thing again and leading to many people just carrying on as normal.).

Whether the rules change for sportspeople is anyone's guess the number of times they change them?

If a Country's on the uK quarantine list, anyone arriving from there has to self isolate regardless. (The fact that next to nobody is being checked up on to see if they are actually obeying the rules and SI, if they've even been stopped coming through the airport to begin with which many haven't, is another thing again and leading to many people just carrying on as normal.).

Whether the rules change for sportspeople is anyone's guess the number of times they change them?
That’s what I thought. He would have to regardless. Like you said the checks etc are a joke anyway.

? André van de Beek (Donny’s father) on transfer to #mufc: “This is a dream come true. It’s the perfect moment for him to make this step to such a beautiful club. Many clubs were interested, but Donny took this decision himself after talks with the manager.” #udlatest [@OmroepGLD]

Happy Rashford has pulled himself from international duty to be ready for the first game of the season. Showing a bit of maturity and realising you can’t play 100 games a season even if he has a knock.

Happy Rashford has pulled himself from international duty to be ready for the first game of the season. Showing a bit of maturity and realising you can’t play 100 games a season even if he has a knock.

Could be a negative thing as I feel he's held back post the back fracture. He doesn't make those lung dropping sprints or take on players as much anymore.

Could be a negative thing as I feel he's held back post the back fracture. He doesn't make those lung dropping sprints or take on players as much anymore.
I would rather he pull out like he has. Then play with his ankle injury and miss the start of the season. Thankfully he’s seen sense! And hopefully hits the ground running starting first game.

@FabrizioRomano
Paperworks signed between Ajax and Manchester United. Time for medicals. Contract signed in next hours until June 2025. Donny Van de Beek to Man Utd, here we go confirmed for the ‘homegrown’ talent who’ll leave Ajax ?? #MUFC #ManUtd #Ajax #vandebeek

Medicals ongoing right now for Donny Van de Beek as Manchester United player, confirmed (as reported by @MikeVerweij). He already had a direct talk also with Solskjaer and is ‘buzzing’ to join the club. ? #MUFC #ManUtd #transfers

Last edited:
Shouldn’t be a problem if he’s having his medical now.

Sky Sports News
@SkySportsNews
Donny van de Beek can avoid having to quarantine in the UK if he joins Manchester United before Friday ?

Watched loads of Ajax matches and VdB vids today. Really is the perfect CM to provide cover at 10,8,6. His Akron day game is superb. And he is so good against the press.

Watched loads of Ajax matches and VdB vids today. Really is the perfect CM to provide cover at 10,8,6. His Akron day game is superb. And he is so good against the press.

Idk if he's a good enough passer of the ball to play as a 6. His pass percentage completion last season was 82% I believe. His main strength is his off the ball runs in the sense that he's quite similar to Thomas Muller and would offer us something different to Bruno.