The Manchester United Thread

What exactly do we need to see from Lingard at 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go? I thought this competition was about seeing the younger players as said by OGS himself. Keep Bailly no to give him the minutes but get Lindelof off and give Mengi a run out. Absolute waste of a bench space. He's got school in the morning ffs

3-0 up and people still complaining about something ??‍♂️
Is it not right? Why is Lingard getting the last 10 minutes at 3-0 up? A player that from whatever is to be believed Ole wants out of the door. A competition that Ole has banged on all week about playing youngsters in. 3-0 and ten minutes to go, perfect opportunity to give Mengi a run out. Why Lingard? Give me one good reason.

Is it not right? Why is Lingard getting the last 10 minutes at 3-0 up? A player that from whatever is to be believed Ole wants out of the door. A competition that Ole has banged on all week about playing youngsters in. 3-0 and ten minutes to go, perfect opportunity to give Mengi a run out. Why Lingard? Give me one good reason.
To up his value ?

One thing I will do is hold my hand up about Bailly tonight. He's been good. But I wont get carried away coz its Brighton's reserves. If he's at the level he should be then he should look this good tonight. Until he plays against a proper team.

Dalot has nothing to ask about first team football anymore. He's as mediocre as it gets.
Other than him, decent game. Fluke or not, Pogba needed that goal.

You've been **** talking Bailly but he puts in a performance like that and you don't say anything.

You've been **** talking Bailly but he puts in a performance like that and you don't say anything.
I'll reserve my judgment on Bailly when he play more games against better players.
EDIT:
Though I have to say, having his pace is so nice. That sprint in first half where he got the free kick was amazing. Imagine having Maguire or Lindelof in that position, it would be 1v1 with Henderson.
And why the criticism on Dalot? He hasn't played a game in months now.
And tonight we all saw why. He can do unexpected things from time to time, I'll give him that. Anything else, bang average.

Donny Van De Beek vs Brighton: 100% final third passes completed 97% pass accuracy 34 touches 2 times he lost possession 2 big chances created 1 assist

Mata to Sky on Van de Beek: 'He's a very clever player. I love playing with him because he finds pockets, spaces. He understands football in a way that I like, which is playing one-twos, passing and moving, and the goal was like that.' #mufc

Samuel Luckhurst

@samuelluckhurst

Good night for United. Excellent cameo from Pogba, Henderson vital again, Bailly solid and Juan Mata key. #mufc should enjoy Mata while they still have him and he's needed back in league matchday squads. Still a game-changer at 32.

Surely still a place for Juan Mata in Man United's squad. Creativity, movement, delivery and vision can be vital, even if it's off the bench. Still a wonderful player. Another crucial save from Henderson.

in the end can't complain decent result and some good performances. Feel Spurs now is the big test, as we seem to be a bit less rusty now.

Unless the full first 11 performance massively improves against spurs we are gonna get bummed. Any combination of Maguire/Lindelof/Bailly won't matter. We need to press relentlessly from the front instead of the pedestrian **** we have played so far. Tonight doesn't matter coz this isn't the team that will play. Anything other than our post lockdown form from last season and we're gonna get slapped

Unless the full first 11 performance massively improves against spurs we are gonna get bummed. Any combination of Maguire/Lindelof/Bailly won't matter. We need to press relentlessly from the front instead of the pedestrian **** we have played so far. Tonight doesn't matter coz this isn't the team that will play. Anything other than our post lockdown form from last season and we're gonna get slapped

Spurs aren't in great form tbf plus the lads have turned up for the bigger games so this will be no different. I just wish we actually signed players to improve the 11 lol