The Manchester United Thread

The Ev agreed a great fee for Ben Godfrey.

Someone else that would instantly upgrade your defence.
Not fancy enough of a name. I don't think we even scout such players. Sigh.

But 25 Mn may have been a bit steep for him, lets see, seems to have great potential, and Rio has been raving about him.

Not fancy enough of a name. I don't think we even scout such players. Sigh.

But 25 Mn may have been a bit steep for him, lets see, seems to have great potential, and Rio has been raving about him.
Think it’s rising to nearly 30m I read in the Times. Which for me is a bit to much. I actually like him. But don’t think we need another young up and coming CB with potential we have this at the club already.

I’m glad the media are finally giving the board some ****!

The transfer window has been open for nearly 10 weeks and Man Utd's only signing has been Van de Beek, while all of their rivals have strengthened significantly. Solskjaer deserves better, given the progress made last season #MUFC @MirrorFootball

James Ducker

@TelegraphDucker

Solskjaer in unenviable position. Won’t criticise the club but now finds himself defending the strength of squad with four days until the close of the window only weeks after saying he needed more depth and having watched all his rivals strengthen #mufc Football went into lockdown for months, affording United additional time to plan. This window has been open 10 weeks. Yet Solskjaer finds himself still waiting for the club to adequately back him while Chelsea, Lpool, City, Arsenal, Spurs & Everton have all retooled. Staggering

Dembele injury history
1601640349772.png

Dear god, no. Been against it from the start. Also, a player who was reluctant to move anywhere out of Barca (they are forcing him out) - which again goes against the supposed philosophy of players who want to be here. Also, we already have Phil Jones. what are we doing - getting him company in the medical bay?

Typical panic buy from us.... how will it even be sanctioned when Ole has a right to veto players he doesn’t want. Supposed bad attitude, injuries like the plague.

The only way this made any sense was a loan with an option to buy, other then that forget it.

Typical panic buy from us.... how will it even be sanctioned when Ole has a right to veto players he doesn’t want. Supposed bad attitude, injuries like the plague.

The only way this made any sense was a loan with an option to buy, other then that forget it.

I think it's def a loan but it's one OGS reluctantly agreed to given it's either Dembele or nobody. What a shítshow of a window

Pretty much my thought guys. Was only slightly interested in a loan lol. Very exciting player non the less. See if anything comes of it buts it’s gathering a lot of pace.

Koemen mentioned a good point on Dembele fitness/injury issues also seen an article sort of backing up what he says.

Basically played to much, pretty much didn’t miss a match from breaking through at Dortmund till nearly the end of his first season at Barca. Didn’t let his muscles get enough rest while growing, and with the right management he could become back to his best again.

This won’t be forced on Ole by any means. He’s been an admirer for a long time according to Ducker. Is it his first choice absolutely not.

Pretty much my thought guys. Was only slightly interested in a loan lol. Very exciting player non the less. See if anything comes of it buts it’s gathering a lot of pace.

Koemen mentioned a good point on Dembele fitness/injury issues also seen an article sort of backing up what he says.

Basically played to much, pretty much didn’t miss a match from breaking through at Dortmund till nearly the end of his first season at Barca. Didn’t let his muscles get enough rest while growing, and with the right management he could become back to his best again.
Koeman will pretty much say anything, since he wants Dembele off his books to go after Depay. Honestly, if it is a permanent deal, it's the shittiest window we have had in recent times.

The Fellaini window is the only one I recall which was worse, but that's an extremely low bar set, anyhow.