The Manchester United Thread

Frustrating final outcome as L’pool didn’t deserve to lose on the overall play. But that was an outstandingly boss watch between two excellently coached, top quality 18 teams that could have gone either way. As L’pool and Utd more often than not are at this age group.

Congrats to Utd. Can’t argue with clinical breakaways like that.

Two 4-3’s in 2 seasons split between both sides at this level. Fantastic game.

Belter start to the football watching weekend.
Cracking game Scouse. Unlucky! Better team over 90. Surprised we didn’t change it at HT as the plan clearly wasn’t working compared to how we usually play. Great character shown by both sets of lads. Thankfully we were as clinical as ever today. Lots of talent on show for both sides. Liverpool will feel unlucky. Both teams better going forward than at the back.

Oh, topically, there’s the inherent difference in VAR and no VAR.

Utd’s equaliser was probably off-side under the current rules. But it didn’t **** me one iota as a tight advantage like that should go to the attacker. Had that been a first-team game with VAR, it’d be a massive controversy now.

Just an unneeded complication to a game that’s all about human error and emotions.

Spain has long and troubled colonial history in Africa, Uruguay doesn't. Completely different scenario. Just because they speak similar language doesn't mean you can compare the cultures.

And yes, context is everything. My old man had an old photograph, picturing him and some black dudes. He would refer to them as "my n*****s". The context? Picture is taken in Africa, he was a foreman and they were local construction crew building wells for the poor. Try to figure out if you should be offended in this scenario and your head will explode.

Spain has long and troubled colonial history in Africa, Uruguay doesn't. Completely different scenario. Just because they speak similar language doesn't mean you can compare the cultures.

And yes, context is everything. My old man had an old photograph, picturing him and some black dudes. He would refer to them as "my n*****s". The context? Picture is taken in Africa, he was a foreman and they were local construction crew building wells for the poor. Try to figure out if you should be offended in this scenario and your head will explode.

Mate, with respect you just aren’t getting it.

Had your Dad said thatat the time it was taken, it wouldn’t have been right. But it would have been more acceptable to the time.

If he was to say it today, there’d be ZERO context that made it acceptable as he should have matured and educated himself to how unacceptable that would now be in 2020. We’ve moved forward from that time. Nowhere near enough in many cases but that terminology now would be completely unacceptable. As the word at the crux of the latest controversy is.

This is the last thing I’m saying on this sans any ban, but it’s continuing base ignorance that sadly too many still need educating on.

Utds Women just finished 2-0 against Villa. Keeping us top of the league for another week ? Galton and Toone with the gls.

Ole going for it!

Uniteds lag: Henderson - Wan-Bissaka, Lindelöf, Maguire, Telles - McTominay, Pogba - Greenwood, Donny, Martial - Cavani.

Ole going for it!

Uniteds lag: Henderson - Wan-Bissaka, Lindelöf, Maguire, Telles - McTominay, Pogba - Greenwood, Donny, Martial - Cavani.
For what exactly? Terrible, terrible display, one of the worst I've ever seen from a Manchester United side. Imagine being outplayed completely by West Ham to the point you're lucky you're only 1 goal down. And their manager is none other than Dave Moyes.

For what exactly? Terrible, terrible display, one of the worst I've ever seen from a Manchester United side. Imagine being outplayed completely by West Ham to the point you're lucky you're only 1 goal down. And their manager is none other than Dave Moyes.
It's like I said, Pogba is playing. For some reason, anytime he plays, our general ball retention is so poor

I think this half has greatly highlighted the importance of Fred in the side. Also, we have no really holding mid dictating play from deep.

It's like I said, Pogba is playing. For some reason, anytime he plays, our general ball retention is so poor
Yep he’s been absolutely *****! And I like McTominey but he shouldn’t be starting regularly for us. We have lost this half because we are basically playing with no midfield. And Martials poor form continues. Wtf is Matic not playing all of a sudden?

Really?

A football lesson from David Moyes Football GENIUS!?

I shall put the second half on.This I have to see.

Pogba's playing so idk.
The breakaway that Utd nearly had with Pogba on the ball and instead of a ball down the channel, he tries to flick the ball past Declan Rice who tackles him. God what an infuriating player he is. Watch him score the winner or something and the Pogba fan boys will come out in full force.

Why take out Cavani? He really reads well Bruno passes and has the movement instinct that suits them.

The breakaway that Utd nearly had with Pogba on the ball and instead of a ball down the channel, he tries to flick the ball past Declan Rice who tackles him. God what an infuriating player he is. Watch him score the winner or something and the Pogba fan boys will come out in full force.
no pogba fan boys here mate