The Manchester United Thread

He's retired mate.

They played some of their best football when they made those subs. Yeah, probably wouldn't concede 6, but they had nothing on United anyway. Even the goals they scored were extremely lucky.

Edit: They are missing some key players in their starting 11, those probably would make some difference.
I know Rio's retired but he could give him a rest from sitting watching from a studio but he won't ;) Bruno won't get a rest either. :ROFLMAO:

Today is the 25th Anniversary of the now famous outburst by Kevin Keegan after he fell for one of Fergie's mind games, I remember what I was doing when he came on the TV and said the now famous "I'd Love it" rant I was drinking malt whiskey in a pub in Grantown on Spey.

Simon Stone

@sistoney67

OGS wants Cavani to stay: "Worked really hard to get back fit. He knows my feelings. He knows I would love to have him here. I promised him Old Trafford is a different place with fans. I am doing my best. Hopefully we will see him here for another year."

Today is the 25th Anniversary of the now famous outburst by Kevin Keegan after he fell for one of Fergie's mind games, I remember what I was doing when he came on the TV and said the now famous "I'd Love it" rant I was drinking malt whiskey in a pub in Grantown on Spey.
Newcastle ended up losing to us anyways 😂

FB_IMG_1619740536425.jpg

Paul Robinson?
A poxy journeyman who won a single League cup in his illustrious career.

Yeah... Shut up Paul.

Really need to keep Cavani next season

I love Cavani but it speaks volumes how much we are trying to keep him, we're not investing this summer as much as people like to think once again! Don't believe the PR spin folks!

Good result in the end, fair play to the lads after being down 2-1. Got to give Ole props as well.

I love Cavani but it speaks volumes how much we are trying to keep him, we're not investing this summer as much as people like to think once again! Don't believe the PR spin folks!

Good result in the end, fair play to the lads after being down 2-1. Got to give Ole props as well.
Why would we not want to keep him he’s been superb and Mason has spoken how much he is learning from him everyday. I would rather keep him for a season and spend on areas of real need like CM/CB/RW

Why would we not want to keep him he’s been superb and Mason has spoken how much he is learning from him everyday. I would rather keep him for a season and spend on areas of real need like CM/CB/RW

I would certainly agree regarding influence over developing players.
He's worth more than just goals to that team.

I would certainly agree regarding influence over developing players.
He's worth more than just goals to that team.
The difference he makes to our team is massive. A proper No9 🤩

His winning mentality, desire and passion he gives every game giving his all for 90 mins is so great to see and must be infectious on the whole team. I love him shame we got him a few years to late. But he’s still quality and never stops from start to final whistle.

United have 4 players who are 30 or older. Juan Mata who's hardly playing. Matic who's hardly playing. De Gea who's probably demoted to #2 and Cavani. Even Phil Jones is 29. You can't teach experience and Cavani has done it on highest of levels. He is still one of the better strikers in Premier league.

United have 4 players who are 30 or older. Juan Mata who's hardly playing. Matic who's hardly playing. De Gea who's probably demoted to #2 and Cavani. Even Phil Jones is 29. You can't teach experience and Cavani has done it on highest of levels. He is still one of the better strikers in Premier league.
Exactly. And to the the likes of Mata, Matic, DDG, Jones, Grant will all likely be leaving there’s nearly all your experience gone. We have to keep him.

All the strikers we're being linked to would cost £100 million+. We have other priorities over the pitch in a CB, CDM and potentially RW. If you ask me, I'd rather fill in these other positions first and keep Cavani as a stop gap for just another season while we stengthen other areas.

Laurie Whitwell

@lauriewhitwell

Paul Pogba’s future seemed clear earlier this season: sale this summer or free transfer in 2022. A third possibility has become plausible: new contract offered + signed. #MUFC not previously presented fresh deal but dynamic has shifted dramatically. Fresh talks these past weeks are strongly looking like he will remain at the club.

If we go into the summer with Pogba signed and Cavani staying. That’s already a better start to the summer/next season I was expecting

Regardless of if Pogba stays or not, we still need a quality CDM. Someone who can properly screen in front of our back 4 and also make line breaking passes to one of pogba, Fernandes and potentially VdB. We get that type of DM and do away with the double pivot of McFred. That 1 right signing could improve us as a whole.