The Manchester United Thread

Im going to play devil's advocate here and say I can 100% understand why it was given as a foul. McTominay makes 2 movements with his arm. One with his shoulder, which is fine, but his second one with his elbow was deliberate. He did not need to move his elbow at all, he was away from Son. Its definitely soft, but I can understand why it was given.

Edit: I wouldnt have been surprised if it wasn't a foul. My point is more McTominay was a bit silly for giving the Ref/VAR a decision to make

It's not even the diving that bugs me (well, it kinda does) but he initiates the contact with Mctominay. Bollocks call that and it just rubbed salt in the wound they scored shortly after
For me, it's not that big of an issue that Son faked it, but the consistency, or - lack of it. Minute or two before that incident there was a foul on Rashord at the edge of the box when he was taking a defender 1 on 1 and it wasn't checked because it wasn't clear and obvious error. But it was checked when Son went on a ground after McTominay slapped him with a Fat Man.

What is the story with Lingard? He's like a different player.
I've never been a pro athlete, so it may be different? I dunno? I perform to the best of my ability in everything I do.
I competed in amatuer boxing, then kickboxing, I've worked for many companies. I have run a total of four businesses since I was 19 years old and I gave 100%.
I didnt need the ring to be a certain colour, or my office to be in a particular city... I just turned up and did everything I could to succeed.

Could somebody with more insight please educate me :ROFLMAO:
Not everyone is wired the same.

for me, it's not that big of an issue that Son faked it, but the consistency, or - lack of it. Minute or two before that incident there was a foul on Rashord at the edge of the box when he was taking a defender 1 on 1 and it wasn't checked because it wasn't clear and obvious error. But it was checked when Son went on a ground after McTominay slapped him with a Fat Man.

Well they have to draw a line somewhere, otherwise the games will run 5 hours while VAR checks every play.

Well they have to draw a line somewhere, otherwise the games will run 5 hours while VAR checks every play.
It needs to be consistent. It's not fair if fixed set of rules apply differently for same thing.

I would just love if VAR was implemented the way it was originally meant to be implemented which is for CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ERRORS ONLY. The "foul" on Son wasn't obvious at all...neither was the "offside" on Firmino on Saturday. If they can't make the offside call with the solid line on the back of the last defender, let the original decision stand with no issue. I'm really fed up with seeing all these extra yellow thin lines trying to find a microscopic offside body part.

It's either that or scrap it anyways. Atleast football won't be this stop-start affair.

Whats funny, he wanted Alderweirld and Eric Dier at United, along with Danny Rose, and none of them starts for Tottenham.
Well technically, Dier does. He also wanted the washed up Boateng as well so maybe the recommendations to not sign them were made by the scouting department lol

This is what we need. Forget them 2 str people are fluffing over!

10 of Erling Haaland’s goals have been assisted by Jadon Sancho this season and Haaland is now goalless in 6 games without the support and build up play from Sancho. Sancho also has 28 G/A from 31 games.

I remember when there was a lot of skepticism regarding United's #1 keeper on this thread...how's that holding out? 🙃

I’d temper that until he’s got the pressure of a full OT and baying home crowds on the road again mate.

Only from next season can things start to be judged properly again.

He’s just a top keeper with an even better mentality. Absolute no worries about him whatsoever. He’s passed every test with flying colours except a couple of hiccups. People doubted him in league 1 smashed it, same league 2 no issues, same in championship no problem. And now again in the prem after people were writing him off. Keep doing what your doing Deano 🤩

And he's made more mistakes than De Gea whole last season.
If United can move De Gea, then amazing. Have nothing against Henderson being #1 in that case ( though my dream GK would be Donnarumma).

I’d temper that until he’s got the pressure of a full OT and baying home crowds on the road again mate.

Only from next season can things start to be judged properly again.
One player who won't be crumbling under pressure. His mentality is top notch.

And he's made more mistakes than De Gea whole last season.
If United can move De Gea, then amazing. Have nothing against Henderson being #1 in that case ( though my dream GK would be Donnarumma).

One player who won't be crumbling under pressure. His mentality is top notch.
He's made more mistakes than DDG? I doubt this very much.

..... One player who won't be crumbling under pressure. His mentality is top notch.

He may well not but nobody knows that for certain until he’s in that situation. Its a completely different ball game to playing for Sheffield United.

Donnorumma’s has dropped significantly. BTW after his initial whirlwind start. He’s no longer in the top bracket of ‘next wave’ goalies. Theres a lot he still needs to improve on.

Last edited: