The Manchester United Thread

I will admit that defense looks even worse without Slabhead but that doesn't mean he's quality or anything.

Bailly and Lindelof are partner CBs. I still don't think Maguire is the leader for them but at the same time, he's neither hot headed (Bailly) not timid (Lindelof) but suffers from a lot of deficiencies. He does have one redeeming factor which is his aerial ability which would make me retain him BUT he needs a leader besides him...a real leader, not some Faux, "all I do is yell switch on" leader.

We need to run drones all over Serbia to find another Vidić.

.... My ideal man is Poch inspite all the criticism he's receiving in Paris and honestly, if the options remain the same, I'd rather stick with OGS and wait for PSG eventually pull the plug on him (which would disappoint Scouse 🙃). OGS will probably leave us in a better state (squad balance wise) than anyone one else post-fergie

I'd actually be concerned about United being a threat going forward if he was there.

But thankfully he isn't. And truthfully, nobody is.

Paul McGrath knocking around your way?

Best United defender in my lifetime and it's not even close.

He was doing what Ferdinand did. But completely F ballooned whilst he did it!

The man is a legend.
I bumped into him once during a low period in his life (I won't even publicly post where it was) Sat for a chat with him and he barely knew his own name. Was quite upsetting.
Alcohol is one **** of a drug.

The man is a legend.
I bumped into him once during a low period in his life (I won't even publicly post where it was) Sat for a chat with him and he barely knew his own name. Was quite upsetting.
Alcohol is one **** of a drug.

Deserved a LOT better from Ferguson and Utd. P poor how they treated him the end.

Nope, really tall Lindelof. In sense that he;s not that good in the air despite being a giant.
Closest thing to Vidic from Serbia is Strahinja Pavlovic.
Good shout. Don’t get any of the hype around Milenkovic! Don’t get this myth either that he’s some Ariel beast 🤷🏻‍♂️

He's there for now atleast. I'd put money he'd be canned before the end of next season 🙃

I was listening to an Argentine journalist on a pod who's apparently close to him, just prior to him taking the PSG job. And he was suggesting Pochtino and Jesus were just waiting to find the perfect fit to tide them over for the long game of Anfield.

Which, 1) They F up massively if they thought Paris was that. And 2) I wouldn't fancy his chances of our job down the line.

It was a headscratcher?

Last edited:
I think he can and has shown he can. He needs to stop revering to like his default if we have a bad moment/match. Hopefully a CB and a DM will help us ditch the so called safety blanket of McFred and the need to bubble wrap our slow CBs
He'll have the next seasons to prove that.

My pick if Ole doesn't work out would be Ten Hag.

The man is a legend .....

Just thinking it's funny how we perceive legends.

For instance, Jack Charlton is doubtless one to you for the wonders he did with Ireland. Personally, I could never take to him and wasn't sad, outside of a man dying, when he passed.

Yet I can guarantee when his brother goes, I'll be genuinely devoed as I have the utmost respect for him.

Same family. Both associated with traditional major rival clubs. Yet completely different feelings toward both.

Emotions are funny things.