The Manchester United Thread

Not as good as Linderlof to Fernandes tbh. And a lot of CB can spray passes wide from the back now. Most CBS are comfortable on the ball. VVD has always been good.
Lol. Leeds are a better team than Burnley but Burnley do have a tighter defensive unit. Lindelof was given all the time in the world to pick out that pass but VVD was, more or less, closed down. Still had the composure to see Elliot in space and picked him out perfectly. That pass unsettled Burnley as a whole whom were scrambling to pick up their men.

It's as comically mad how folk won't give VVD his best in the World props the same way they won't give Mo Salah his Messi/ Ronaldo deserved status. (147 games/ 134 goal involvements in the PL now for the 'one season wonder.'). The PL has never seen consistency like that fella'. Yet NO player goes as consistently under-rated/ under-appreciated as him.

It's really is comically mad.

Yet uncannily, every other club's fan/ pundit, always compares any player to either VVD or Mo in some laughably vein attempt to say they are as good as/ better than. Dias at City been touted as a better signing than van Dijk last year is a glaring recent example. A very good CH. But nowhere near the Dutchman's level.

I can't get my head around it (although in Mo's case it's overt, blatant racism in many quarters), but it just is what it is.

Liverpool 2-0 up after 20 mins. We have been atrocious tbh. It’s gonna be a hard season at all youth levels looking how young both 18s and 23s are this year. Good experience for the lads though.

*Refrains from mentioning how young 'r 18's are this year.

Did anyone show that game mate? I noted it wasn't on L'pool's club channel before I went out but I presumed that was a clash with the first-team game.

Can you find that comment and quote it? Maybe read what I really wrote?

You got pulled apart on what you really wrote at the time. You were pathetically doing everything you could to not acknowledge that van Dijk is a cut above anything currently in football back there.

If you want to do revisionist history, dig it out yourself.

*Edit* And there you go with the inference quoted above. Jesus. Peoples ego's are off the charts when they get pulled on something.

Even van Dijk isn't flawless. He can be reckless in possession with occasional lapses in concentration.
You want your CB pair to complement eachother. Lindelof was "the guy", but he unfortunately isn't. He's mediocre at everything at best. Bailly is uber athletic but that guy is a walking mistake. United doesn't need another CB to hold Maguires hand, they need a competent defender who doesn't need Maguire to hold their hand.

Scouse will never admit it, and not just him, and thats fine, but Maguire is slowly but surely showing that he is world class.
Can't blood y ( why is ****** a bad word? lol ) wait for season to start.

Here's the full quote.

You got pulled apart on what you really wrote at the time.

If you want to do revisionist history, dig it out yourself.
Of course you can't, because I never said it. Now apologize please.

Lol. Leeds are a better team than Burnley but Burnley do have a tighter defensive unit. Lindelof was given all the time in the world to pick out that pass but VVD was, more or less, closed down. Still had the composure to see Elliot in space and picked him out perfectly. That pass unsettled Burnley as a whole whom were scrambling to pick up their men.
He wasn’t really closed down. But it was a good pass still

Apolgise for what? You talking utter B/S on van Dijk and then even more laughably claiming Maguire is borderline WC?
And you're saying I have an ego? You have it black on white what I wrote and you still can't admit you're wrong and I never said Van Dijk is not good on the ball.

Yes, do it. If you find me saying Van Dijk is bad on the ball I'll delete my account here. Lad.

Mate, politely, fo one.

Everyone knows exactly what you inferred. We get it, you don't like van Dijk or the club he's dominating at. But cut the utter B/S please.

Mate, politely, fo one.

Everyone knows exactly what you inferred. We get it, you don't like van Dijk or the club he's dominating at. But cut the utter B/S please.
I've said on multiple occasions that Van Dijk is the best CB in the world. Only one with the bs here is you. If you can't apologize for insulting me then stop writing to me.

*Refrains from mentioning how young 'r 18's are this year.

Did anyone show that game mate? I noted it wasn't on L'pool's club channel before I went out but I presumed that was a clash with the first-team game.
Was on MUTV mate. You were the better team for most parts. The size difference in the 2 sides was noticeable. We shot ourselves in the foot playing out from the back. But that’s gonna happen as it’s how we want to play. Nearly all these are 1st yr scholars with a new manager. It’s gonna take time and a few bumps I feel.

Yes, do it. If you find me saying Van Dijk is bad on the ball I'll delete my account here. Lad.
When you use the phrase "reckless on the ball", you know the first name that pops into my head? Shkodran Mustafi 🤣

VVD is the epitome of composure when it comes it comes to playing out from the back in high pressure situations. Fair to say using the word "reckless" and "VVD" in the same sentence is uncanny

When you use the phrase "reckless on the ball", you know the first name that pops into my head? Shkodran Mustafi 🤣

VVD is the epitome of composure when it comes it comes to playing out from the back in high pressure situations. Fair to say using the word "reckless" and "VVD" in the same sentence is uncanny
I said that he can be reckless on the ball, not often but he can. And it was as a proof to the statement that "not even Van Dijk is perfect". I took Van Dijk as a example because he's the closest thing to complete defender that is.