The Manchester United Thread

Soon, very soon. I dont have any doubt he's gone. Question is when will his replacement be available. This leaves United with Conte and Zidane. And according to everyone, Conte is on Uniteds radar.
I personally still don't think he's sacked barring a ridiculous run of bad results. I mean, the fact he hasn't already been sacked tells you everything.

With our upcoming fixtures and my inability to see us getting out of this, it probably isn't far fetched

If this was FM I'd definitely go for some variant of 3-5-2 to get all that attacking talent on the pitch and just try to outscore everybody like it's the 90s again.

Joel and Avram Glazer are holding talks with Ed Woodward and Richard Arnold over how to handle the crisis. There are concerns that Solskjær lacks the experience to get himself out of trouble and is too soft on his players. [@ChrisWheelerDM]

And so it begins….

Telegraph Football
@TeleFootball

Players lose faith in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | @TelegraphDucker https://telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/25/players-lose-faith-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-manchester-united/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1635177229-1… #MUFC

Multiple dressing room sources have indicated that Solskjær no longer has the trust of a number of players. His tactical acumen, selections, reluctance to make big decisions and indulgence of underperforming players have all been called into question #mulive [@TelegraphDucker]

Guardian sport
@guardian_sport

Antonio Conte is open discussing taking over at Manchester United if Ole Gunnar Solskjær is sacked, as it emerged that several players are questioning whether the Norwegian can take the team any further. Story: @JamieJackson

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Manchester United managing director Richard Arnold is understood to have cancelled all appointments on Monday and Tuesday to hold talks with Glazer about Ole Gunnar Solskjær position. #MUFC

Last edited:
Conte such an odd fit for that squad. Zidane dont want it. Ten Hag aint leaving mid season.

How do we think Conte lines up with his 352?

DDG
Lindelof - Varane - McGuire
AWB - McTom - DVB - Pogba - Telles
Rashford - Ronaldo

Last edited:
Conte such an odd fit for that squad. Zidane dont want it. Ten Hag aint leaving mid season.

How do we think Conte lines up with his 352?

DDG
Lindelof - Varane - McGuire
AWB - McTom - DVB - Pogba - Telles
Rashford - Ronaldo
Pretty close except for Telles and Shaw. Most likely Bruno over VDB

#mufc have chosen Antonio Conte. First contacts have already been made. Conte has already given his willingness to join United. Conte is convinced he can do well with the team available right away #mulive [@DiMarzio]

Solskjær fears his time in charge may be coming to an end. Following a day of deafening silence at #mufc, sources emerged to offer him lukewarm support more than 24 hours after the 5-0 defeat to Liverpool #mulive [@ChrisWheelerDM]

Sources have stressed the need to pull together and move on from the loss to Liverpool, adding that there is nothing to say Solskjær won't still be in charge when United play Tottenham on Saturday #mulive [@ChrisWheelerDM]

‘Confused and divided’’ 🤦‍♂️….. They all want to grow a pair and take responsibility for their own ineptitude.

If they can’t stand up and sort things out for themselves on the pitch, regardless of the divvy on the sidelines, then they shouldn’t be at Utd. Simple as.

Maguire for one should be stripped of the captaincy. His response after the game was about as cringe as I’ve ever seen. A 5-year-old would have shown more leadership and taken more responsibility.

The culture is abysmal and that starts from yourself as much as anything. Solkjaers just enabled it as he’s a soft **** ‘yes’ man. And the players gave disgracefully taken advantage. Now they are swerving responsibility to hang him out to dry.

Solksjaers a convenience to hide behind.

The players should be looking HARD in the mirror at themselves after Sunday's historical humiliation.

Last edited:
@Legend Incredible

I realise your complete misunderstanding over Edwards and recruitment now.

He’s been at the club a decade in differing roles. (Time flys. I hadn’t realised it had been so long.). But he didn’t get the SD gig to be able to implement the top notch system he was at the forefront of devising we use until 2016 as part of the whole club structure and ownership ethos completely changing after they went all in on Klopp.