The Manchester United Thread

Suffer the most humiliating defeat in Utd's history to your bitterest rivals ..... No worries Ole mate. As you were.

This is your club in 2021 under the Glazers boys. A complete and utter laughing stock.

Samuel Luckhurst

@samuelluckhurst

Still no outright clarity from #mufc on manager's future. As it stands, Solskjaer expected at Carrington today. Some players have already arrived. Not a good look that the co-chairman has been busy trying to buy a cricket club in Dubai while the house is on fire in Manchester.

People are mad if they think he will last after losses against Spurs and a humiliation against City. The writings on the wall. Nice little convenient little int break to say goodbye and get the new manager in. City is gonna be a bloodbath 😭

Inexcusable that he is still in-charge. If this was Chelsea, he would have been sacked in the tunnel at half-time and Hiddink would have been in-charge for the 2nd half!

People are mad if they think he will last after losses against Spurs and a humiliation against City. The writings on the wall. Nice little convenient little int break to say goodbye and get the new manager in. City is gonna be a bloodbath 😭
Think Nov is the latest time to make some changes. Can see the team and try some tacitcs, then in January maybe open wallet for 1-2 singings to make fit new manager system.

Inexcusable that he is still in-charge. If this was Chelsea, he would have been sacked in the tunnel at half-time and Hiddink would have been in-charge for the 2nd half!

If Solksjaer cared about anyone other than Solksjaer, he'd have walked himself.

What the Glazers have turned Utd into. A complete laughing stock where accountability doesn't exist.

Telegraph Football
@TeleFootball

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expected to remain in charge of Manchester United for now after crisis talks. But time running out | @TelegraphDucker and @JBurtTelegraph

Contacts between #mufc and Conte are confirmed - he has given availability to join immediately or after the break. Solskjær is convinced that he has three chances against Tottenham, Atalanta and City, but no longer has the confidence of most of the team. [@AlfredoPedulla]

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Manchester United internal talks. Main part of board [Sir Alex Ferguson too] wants to give Solskjær another chance to be in charge for Tottenham game as last chance. #MUFC

Don’t worry 😆

Next 7 games for Ole

Spurs A
Atalanta A
Manchester City H
Watford A
Villarreal A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

@Legend Incredible

I realise your complete misunderstanding over Edwards and recruitment now.

He’s been at the club a decade in differing roles. (Time flys. I hadn’t realised it had been so long.). But he didn’t get the SD gig to be able to implement the top notch system he was at the forefront of devising we use until 2016 as part of the whole club structure and ownership ethos completely changing after they went all in on Klopp.
Ta mate. I also heard he's leaving at the end of the season too

Suffer the most humiliating defeat in Utd's history to your bitterest rivals ..... No worries Ole mate. As you were.

This is your club in 2021 under the Glazers boys. A complete and utter laughing stock.

I mean, I'm not surprised but I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time. He doesn't seem to know how to turn this around so perhaps after more wallopings against Atalanta and City, it may force their hands.

If Solksjaer cared about anyone other than Solksjaer, he'd have walked himself.

What the Glazers have turned Utd into. A complete laughing stock where accountability doesn't exist.
You know, when he's eventually sacked, my respect for him is tentative on him accepting the payout.

Gattuso rejected AC Milan's payout because of his love for the club. I respect a man like that. If Solkjaer accepts his, it makes him a mercenary in my eyes and means he only stayed because of the payout.

Ta mate. I also heard he's leaving at the end of the season too

Nothing official. Just some media speculation at present. (Think it was that divvy Ornstein who started it by saying his contract was up in the summer but there's been nothing out of L'pool or from Edwards.).

But the succession plan is there with Julian Ward working his way up over the past 8 years through various scouting/ recruitment jobs home and abroad to now being his assistant. His contacts across Europe are wide-reaching and have played a big part apparently in a lot of deals and the inside contacts they have at clubs.

If Michael does step down, any transition should be pretty seamless. As brilliant a figurehead as he’s been, right at the very top of his profession, again, the main thing in place is the performance-driven/ data analytics system he’s headed up installing that has enabled us to bring in the top talent we have to fit what we do perfectly. And lead to the success we’ve experienced and I’ve no doubt will continue to experience in the coming years. Even after Klopp's tenure. A system that has been put in place to not being reliant on ao any 1 individual.

Framework and structure. The analytical system is the key to it all.

It's a changing football world. Shrugs.

I mean, I'm not surprised but I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time. He doesn't seem to know how to turn this around so perhaps after more wallopings against Atalanta and City, it may force their hands.

Well, Tottenham are in a far worse state than even United so that, coupled with your ridiculous record against them, should see him home there.

Then there's the weirdest thing currently in sports. Ole completely having the Indian sign over Pep. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest personally to see Utd get a draw at worst out of that. Even more so given that's the next home game after last Sunday's historical disgrace.

And then there's Watford who are tailor-made for a Ronaldo 'flat-track bully' display. They are beyond pitiful.

And then that has all his bezzies in the media shouting his name again from the rooftops and the Yanks sitting comfortably with their 'yes man.'

Wouldn't be at all surprising to see that as much as a run of heavy defeats.

Ed Woodward and Richard Arnold are minded that Solskjær should continue for now. However, Joel Glazer will decide whether he remains these next days #mulive [@JamieJackson___, @FabrizioRomano]

Antonio Conte is dreaming about the #mufc job, but he is respecting Solskjær #mulive [@FabrizioRomano]

Antonio Conte believes Solskjær will be #mufc manager until at least Saturday #mulive [@JamieJackson___, @FabrizioRomano]

Paul Pogba wants to stay with Manchester United but not with Solskjaer as manager - he is waiting to see what happens with him. [@JorisCrolbois via @FabrizioRomano twitch]