The Manchester United Thread

Rangnick on making Ronaldo Manchester United captain: “The question was is it David [De Gea] or him, these are the players who have been playing for the longest period of time and I wanted a field player as captain which is why I chose Cristiano.” #MUFC

Standing section looks good

Attachments

• D1C46807-EF34-42A2-A423-7B21DF8534F0.jpeg
    D1C46807-EF34-42A2-A423-7B21DF8534F0.jpeg
    572.7 KB · Views: 13
What a defensive header from Jones :ROFLMAO:It's ******* amateur hour out there.

Yeah, decent from Jones. By the number brainfarts is how we rate United defenders.

Im just here to say what a good performance unironically from Jones considering everything he has been through.

Unfortunately he hasn't been through a book called "Don't clear a ball into the middle of your area" by Yura Gombeen

Unfortunately he hasn't been through a book called "Don't clear a ball into the middle of your area" by Yura Gombeen
I'd put more blame on our DMs honestly. There were only 3 wolves players in the box. With Matic dropping back, we had the numbers advantage. We needed someone on the edge of the box waiting to sweep up but Mctominay has the footballing IQ of a goldfish

Ralph must be sick of talking about to many giveaways during a game and how poor we are energy and physicality wise. Big job on with this under coached side for years and years!

I'd put more blame on our DMs honestly. There were only 3 wolves players in the box. With Matic dropping back, we had the numbers advantage. We needed someone on the edge of the box waiting to sweep up but Mctominay has the footballing IQ of a goldfish

Ah would you stop.
Then you just shift the blame further back until there is nobody left to blame but their parents.
The ball came to him and it was his job to defend.
He made a b.ollix of it and the buck stops with him.

I don't understand the calls for Ralf to make changes, just to accommodate our players and what's best for them. One of our biggest problems has been changing managers that have completely different visions, and that's led to having a squad that consists of players that don't work well together.

If we keep ripping up the plan and starting again when things aren't going well we'll never get anywhere. We should trust the manager and allow him to implement his system as best he can. If some players can be coached to fit it then great, we keep them, and the others we weed out and gradually replace with players who fit.

We need to endure the pain to get the long term rewards. Great teams aren't built in weeks, they take years. How long did it take Liverpool to progress from the days of Hodgson and Andy Carroll to the team they've become? Did Klopp change his vision and do something different when he joined and there were players who couldn't do what was asked of them? No, he stuck at it and bought players that possessed the attributes he needed.

Back