The Manchester United Thread

@AdamSMarshall
Matej Kovar has signed a new deal and joins Burton Albion on loan, where Kieran O'Hara previously did well when moving from #MUFC:

Dutch teenager Dillon Hoogewerf has joined Borussia Mönchengladbach from #mufc permanently. United were happy to facilitate the move for Hoogewerf's benefit due to attacking depth at academy level.

Man United forward Dillon Hoogewerf has moved to Borussia Monchengladbach in a permanent deal. Undisclosed fee. Agreement includes initial loan fee and a sell-on.

Our social media team have been working overtime the past 2 days
Not one to flame rumours but there was a poster on reddit ( now deleted). Who when the story broke about Mendy also said his journalist sources told him that Greenwood also had some off field issues that were being tried to swept under the carpet. Obviously its rumours but the guy ended up being right about Greenwood, so it won't look good for the club and Ole if a cover up was involved. Wouldn't be the first time something like this happened. At the end of the day Greenwood was a high value transient employee but Utd distancing themselves shouldn't be congratulated just yet but thats the pessimist in me.

Not one to flame rumours but there was a poster on reddit ( now deleted). Who when the story broke about Mendy also said his journalist sources told him that Greenwood also had some off field issues that were being tried to swept under the carpet. Obviously its rumours but the guy ended up being right about Greenwood, so it won't look good for the club and Ole if a cover up was involved. Wouldn't be the first time something like this happened. At the end of the day Greenwood was a high value transient employee but Utd distancing themselves shouldn't be congratulated just yet but thats the pessimist in me.
It was deleted for a reason bevmcause it was absolute nonsense and the site was threatened by a lawsuit.

It was deleted for a reason bevmcause it was absolute nonsense and the site was threatened by a lawsuit.

So naturally, I'd question the validity of such stories but when you think about it, Solskjaer isn't exact new to covering up such things (read up on Babacar Sarr). He's also made a suggestive comment on Greenwood once with regards to his potential. Something along the lines of "Greenwood can go on to the very top....as long as he keeps his head". Then there was this warning from the club sometime ago

Not too much details on what they were warning him about but it does make me question how much they knew.

So naturally, I'd question the validity of such stories but when you think about it, Solskjaer isn't exact new to covering up such things (read up on Babacar Sarr). He's also made a suggestive comment on Greenwood once with regards to his potential. Something along the lines of "Greenwood can go on to the very top....as long as he keeps his head". Then there was this warning from the club sometime ago

Not too much details on what they were warning him about but it does make me question how much they knew.
I believe that was to do with his time keeping and being out late hours with Phil Foden it was reported by James Cooper and Laurie Whitwall in the Athletic.

He’s been rightly arrested now let the investigation happen and findings come out. And if found guilty he gets everything he deserves. Let’s not speculate like that numpty on Twitter who post have been removed and his account I believe suspended. He was accusing Greenwood and the Glazers of all sorts that day even suggesting a mass club protest on the day of Munich remembrance day with absolutely no proof. Except my journo sources said.

Not surprising really, 99% of time I'd be saying let's not jump to conclusions and let the authorities work, but if that audio isn't somehow faked, Greenwod better start practicing fastest ways to pick up the soap.

Not looking good!

Mason Greenwood: Man Utd footballer further arrested over *** assault - BBC News

Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has been further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and making threats to kill.

The 20-year-old was arrested on suspicion of rape and assault on Sunday.
Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said it had been granted more time to question him having previously been given an extension on Monday.

The police statement:
Greater Manchester police said: “Detectives have been granted further additional time to speak to a man in his 20s who was arrested on suspicion of rape and assault of a woman.

“The suspect was detained in custody on Sunday (30 January) afternoon after we became aware of online social media images and videos posted by a woman reporting incidents of physical violence.

“He continues to be questioned after magistrates authorised an extension until tomorrow (Wednesday 2 February).

“Following enquiries so far, he has since been further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill.”

Not surprising really, 99% of time I'd be saying let's not jump to conclusions and let the authorities work, but if that audio isn't somehow faked, Greenwod better start practicing fastest ways to pick up the soap.
At this rate there is going to have one awesome prison football team in the NW what with that Everton Player, the Man City Player and now Greenwood...

Back