The Manchester United Thread

Whats going on here?

First Martial. Now Lingard. That’s two players in a short space of weeks saying the exact opposite of what the managers saying.

If Rangnick can’t sort out this toxicity now, he’s not doing it from ‘upstairs’ and I don’t know where Utd go after that? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Oh for sure. That decision shouldn't influence the game. United should have scored 5 more goals. Its their own fault.
Worst part is - Taylor was right to allow that goal by the rulebook. Baffling

VAR is more at fault, AGAIN, as they got to look at it again.

How they can deem that ‘accidental’, when he doesn't get the jump on Varane without controlling it with his arm in front, is beyond ridiculous.

The change in the rules is just a get out for a stupid decision.

Last edited:
Whats going on here?

First Martial. Now Lingard. That’s two players in a short space of weeks saying the exact opposite of what the managers saying.

If Rangnick can’t sort out this toxicity now, he’s not doing it from
‘upstairs’ and I don’t know where Utd go after that? 🤷🏼‍♂️
He’s come in and being honest and not stroking egos and telling it how it is.

Some players can’t handle it and are trying to spin it against the new man to save face. I love it he won’t take any ****. No more mates club!

Can we now please stop with the myth about Henderson being United #1 goalkeeper?

To be fair it wouldn't have made any difference who was in goal if the forwards had put the ball in the net as they are paid to do. The game is over, Manchester United are out end of.

Great result for the womens team 1-1 away against leaders Arsenal. Arguably should of won it. Tone missed a sitter to make it 2-0 with 8 mins to play. Then Arsenal knocked an equaliser late on.

Girls have definately improved under the new manager. We simply lack the quality City, Chelsea, Arsenal have atm

The difference is that you're not paying Henderson one Bugatti a week.
Difference is one is a world class goalkeeper and the other will never be one.

Usually don't pay that much attention to those stuff, but current narrative is that United should play high tempo pressing football. Works good for me. And second narrative is United needs to play high line to achieve that. Sure, I can get along. But worst one is that you need a sweeper keeper to do so. And thus creating issue where United are probably the strongest.
My thoughts are - play high tempo high line football if that's the style you want to play. And after playing it for some time, see what players do not fit in that style and then change them.

World class goalkeepers don't lose competition for a starting place with a 22-year old from Bilbao.

De Gea made few mistakes and Unai Simon got the chance and took it. No reason for Spain to change the goalkeeper if Simon work for them, right?