The Manchester United Thread

Did it ever look great though? 99% chance they knew about Greenwood all along, Ronaldo was always a gamble, Cavani has been playing football since queen Victoria was around and Rashford has always been hit all miss.
Looked for us fans. Ronaldo returning "home", and him along Cavani should elevate "starboy" to unplayable level and Rashford is entering his prime years with Martial there to take over Cavani when he leaves + Mega signing in Jadon Sancho.

And just how quickly it all fell down, left with just Sancho finding his form and Elanga who's riding the current.

Did it ever look great though? 99% chance they knew about Greenwood all along, Ronaldo was always a gamble, Cavani has been playing football since queen Victoria was around and Rashford has always been hit all miss.
Sorry but this is ****.
Looked for us fans. Ronaldo returning "home", and him along Cavani should elevate "starboy" to unplayable level and Rashford is entering his prime years with Martial there to take over Cavani when he leaves + Mega signing in Jadon Sancho.

And just how quickly it all fell down, left with just Sancho finding his form and Elanga who's riding the current.
very weird to say our attacking options didn’t look great before season started!

Manchester United have created 23 ‘big’ chances in their last six games — 2nd most in the league behind Liverpool (29). They have converted just five of them. Liverpool have scored 17.

😕

Sorry but this is ****.

very weird to say our attacking options didn’t look great before season started!
Same as midfield last season. He had Matic, Fred, McTominay, Pogba, Bruno and Van de Beek and at the end United were left with scarps. Fred/McTominay too limited, Pogba not being reliable and Van de Beek not playing + Bruno's form fell off at the end of the season

It’s been such a neglected position going back to even Fergie.
I mean, we had a peak Matic at a time alongside an enigmatic Paul Pogba under Jose but that was as good as it got
Yeah we have had numbers at times. But never great/good options.

You look at Ronaldo, Cavani, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Lingard, Mata. That’s not just numbers there’s genuine top class players there. Hasn’t worked out for one reason or another. Poor finishing you would think would be the least of our issues.

Wow 10 mins into the second half. City womens score 3. To go 1-3 up 🤦🏻‍♂️ Terrible defending. Not surprised our CBS are *****!

Finished 1-4 we seriously need some top quality players. But it’s gonna be hard if we don’t get CL footy finishing in the top 3 this season.

I’ve never felt we have had a great midfield for a long time tbh
If I remember correctly, you were just as excited as I was when Donny signed. It would be Bruno/Donny with one of the Pogba/Fred/McTominay and on paper it was really good.

It’s been such a neglected position going back to even Fergie.

I mean Fergie had easy mode with midfield. All he had to do is get some dudes who have stamina to run back and forth for 90 minutes and kick every opposing player who gets anywhere near Scholes.

Darren Fletcher explaining his status @ManUtd to Fans Forum. "With Ralf + staff coming in + Michael + Kieran moving on, had a quick transition process. Part of my role to assist w that, in training + games. That’s been most visible part but is addition to Technical Director role"

Darren Fletcher to Fans Forum on being @ManUtd technical director: "Key part of role is taking holistic view of path for players from Academy to 1st team. Anthony [Elanga] done brilliantly since he broke into 1st team and Hannibal Mejbri has also been more involved in squad."

U23s lost to Dortmund on penalties in the knockout stage. Was 2-2 after FT. Should of had a stonewall Leno with the last attack of the match. Ref bottled it!

Played really well against a very very good Dortmund side with some standout talents. Missed a few good chances when we was on top. Everyone played well but standouts were Garnacho, Mejbri, McNiel, Fernandez.

Since Ralf Rangnick became interim manager at Man Utd, no team has created more chances in the Premier League [160] @optastats

Back