The Manchester United Thread

Tahith Chong first game
Back from injury today for Birmingham and scored after 2 mins also got an assist
They're currently jizzing about his ability on the EFL show

I didn't expect Utd to win. Hoped the derby factor might keep it tight. But that was all it was. Not too arsed about that from our POV as it changes nothing being as the leagues in our own hands regardless of what City do.

What I didn't expect was such a gutless capitulation in the derby either. Yers were lucky to get out only conceding 4.

The whole team is spineless. Maguire is just the worst example of that. (And the jarg version of Nathanial Clyne isn't much better.). But the manager shouldn't escape heavy criticism either.

If the PE Teacher rightly got slammed when we volleyed you all over for 5 with calls for his head there and then after such a disgrace, Ragnick shouldn't be escaping similar after that humongous embarrassment.

Last edited:
If the PE Teacher rightly got slammed when we volleyed you all over for 5 with calls for his head there and then after such a disgrace, Ragnick shouldn't be escaping similar after that humongous embarrassment.

Yup, He absolutely shouldn’t. His subs were deplorable today. Felt we went down to 10 men after taking Pogba and Elanga.
Pep made some tweaks in the 2nd half by having both Grealish and Mahrez drop into midfield to give city the number advantage (in the first half, Bruno dropped constantly from the f9 position giving us that 4v3 advantage in midfield). He not only didn’t respond to those changes, but he also took off one midfield body for a forward. It was a bloodbath afterwards

Yup, He absolutely shouldn’t. His subs were deplorable today. Felt we went down to 10 men after taking Pogba and Elanga.
Pep made some tweaks in the 2nd half by having both Grealish and Mahrez drop into midfield to give city the number advantage (in the first half, Bruno dropped constantly from the f9 position giving us that 4v3 advantage in midfield). He not only didn’t respond to those changes, but he also took off one midfield body for a forward. It was a bloodbath afterwards

I think I'd be even more worried that he's suggesting Cavani and Ronaldo made themselves unavailable after he thought they'd be available. Not for the first time the past few months there's been a complete disconnect between him and the players.

How he is expected to go forward and sort this carnage out if the players aren't on board (and that would doubtless roll over into his choice to replace him) is anyone guess? 🤷‍♂️

The utter madness of all is Arsenal's games in hand are Chelsea, L'pool and the NLD. So as mired in the mud as Utd continue to be, they are still well in this farce for 4th.

I think I'd be even more worried that he's suggesting Cavani and Ronaldo made themselves unavailable after he thought they'd be available. Not for the first time the past few months there's been a complete disconnect between him and the players.

How he is expected to go forward and sort this carnage out if the players aren't on board (and that would doubtless roll over into his choice to replace him) is anyone guess? 🤷‍♂️

I believe Ronaldo does have his own exclusive medical staff so I don’t believe he’d make up some excuse last minute to avoid games. It also doesn’t fit his personality. That plus he did have complaints of his hip flexor before the Middlesbrough game last month yet he still played 120 mins.
Cavani, on the other hand, is a lost cause at this point. Getting paid 200k a week to chill at home. Ofc, it’s not like we bent over backwards to give him a new bumper deal after he made it clear he wanted to leave last season.
The players have been conditioned by the culture of unaccountability for the last 3 years. We need a serious cultural reset which goes beyond just buying new players.

#mufc have started meeting candidates for the permanent managerial role. United are aiming to make the decision in the next few weeks to have them involved in next season's squad construction. Ralf Rangnick has been involved #mulive [@David_Ornstein]

#mufc have started meeting candidates for the permanent managerial role. United are aiming to make the decision in the next few weeks to have them involved in next season's squad construction. Ralf Rangnick has been involved #mulive [@David_Ornstein]

more of this nonsense? How do you think it would go meeting up with managers that are seemingly settled at their respective clubs (unless we’re trying to tap free agents)

Back