The Manchester United Thread

With PSG now out of the Champions League it looks like the media has ramped up their claims that the Manchester United board have him as their first choice. However, the fact that the team bottled it against RM only serves to indicate that his teams are not prepared to challenge when the going gets tough may count against him.

With PSG now out of the Champions League it looks like the media has ramped up their claims that the Manchester United board have him as their first choice. However, the fact that the team bottled it against RM only serves to indicate that his teams are not prepared to challenge when the going gets tough may count against him.
#mufc have also been considering other candidates apart from Pochettino, with Ajax coach Erik ten Hag featuring prominently at the top of the list, and the nature of PSG's collapse counts massively against Pochettino. [@JBurtTelegraph]

The longer it's gone on with Poch, the less he's looked like that top-level manager he set out on the road to be. Neither he or ten Hag should be anywhere near Utd. But this is how far you've fallen.

On the plus side, Steve Bruce will soon be back on the market again. The band can still get back together! 🕺🕺🕺

Apparently, Ralf didn’t even know Ronaldo left for Portugal. Such shambles

What a shitshow. The players have no respect for Rangnick and he's 'supposedly' gonna' be heavily involved in the future.

What I was referring to on the CL in large part mate being imperative. You could easily cull 90% of the current squad who just aren't fit to be at the club. And that's a massive load of dough to replace them. Before you even get to the humongous contracts which is the only carrot for anyone decent to go to Utd now.

What a shitshow.

What a shitshow. The players have no respect for Rangnick and he's 'supposedly' gonna' be heavily involved in the future.

What I was referring to on the CL in large part mate being imperative. You could easily cull 90% of the current squad who just aren't fit to be at the club. And that's a massive load of dough to replace them. Before you even get to the humongous contracts which is the only carrot for anyone decent to go to Utd now.

What a shitshow.
Who are the 10% to keep? Other than the GK's and maybe Sancho (who is finally getting to grips with the Premiership) and Elanga there isn't really anyone who stands out. Rangnick hasn't done himself any favours by insisting on playing Maguire, and sticking with the 30+ strike force (maybe now is the time to blood more of the young strikers the club has) either. Whoever gets the managers job and I seriously hope to God it's not Poch, needs to tell the owners to **** out, tell the overpaid primadonna's that their time is up and take a few risks with the youth at the club. Better to spend time in the doldrums and cut the loses than to continue to flatter to deceive.

Who are the 10% to keep? Other than the GK's and maybe Sancho (who is finally getting to grips with the Premiership) and Elanga there isn't really anyone who stands out. Rangnick hasn't done himself any favours by insisting on playing Maguire, and sticking with the 30+ strike force (maybe now is the time to blood more of the young strikers the club has) either. Whoever gets the managers job and I seriously hope to God it's not Poch, needs to tell the owners to **** out, tell the overpaid primadonna's that their time is up and take a few risks with the youth at the club. Better to spend time in the doldrums and cut the loses than to continue to flatter to deceive.

I was trying to be kind but you're being even more on point.

Absolute shitshow that needs a complete reboot. I'm just not sure how that ever happens whilst Utd remains under Glazer rule.

Some major over reactions going on here. Yes a lot of this squad isn’t good enough to be challengers but there are a fair few good players in the squad. It’s genuine starters we need to lack.

But that will also depend on who the new manager is. We need players for a system/style of play going forward under whoever comes in. If we want to continue down the high press/energy with a high line and with good attacking transitions Rangnick is trying to implement then a fair few don’t stand a chance.

For me I’d keep DDG, Heaton, Dalot, Linderlof, Varane, Tuanzebe, Shaw, Telles, Laird, Williams, McTominey, Fred, Garner, Mejbri, Diallo, Pilestri, Chong, Sancho, Rashford, Elanga, Bruno, DVB.

The rest can go either sold or on loan or released as there out of contract.

**** knows what’s going on with Greenwood!

For me we desperately need a STR, DM, CB in the summer!

Looking at the squad objectively, its a massive mess-

de Gea. as good as he is, is a major issue if you want a modern day goalie to sweep up behind a high line. He’s utter wank with a ball at his feet as he comes from a different goalkeeping era. Little behind him.

No RB to speak of.

LB’s you could get by with to a certain degree.

No competent CH for the level Utd should be at outside of Varane.

The midfield is a shitshow. Even Fernandes consistently fails to turn up in big games. van de Beek is the other one you could build around but F knows what's happening there?

And the forwards since Rashford fell off a cliff, and Ronaldo’s age hit him suddenly, are literally down to Sancho,

I wouldn’t know where to start rebuilding that squad with the added handicap of not having the ‘90’s/‘00’s pull of ‘Manchester United’ anymore? That’s SERIOUS money needed.

Unless Utd went down the Arsenal route and allowed youth tine to blossom, which won’t happen as Utd aren’t Arsenal and need to be winning now, it’s the biggest mess to sort out since Ferguson first tipped up.

Last edited:
TOD they need a striker now to be honest so maybe it is time to give another youngster a chance, clearly Cavani is no longer interested, and Ronaldo needs to remember that there is no I in team. As for Greenwood the less say about him the better.

1646910550543.png

Looking at the squad objectively, its a massive mess-

de Gea. as good as he is, is a major issue if you want a modern day goalie to sweep up behind a high line. He’s utter wank with a ball at his feet as he comes from a different goalkeeping era. Little behind him.

No RB to speak of.

LB’s you could get by with to a certain degree.

No competent CH for the level Utd should be at outside of Varane.

The midfield is a shitshow. Even Fernandes consistently fails to turn up in big games. van de Beek is the other one you could build around but F knows whats happening there?

And the forwards since Rashford fell off a cliff, and Ronaldo’s age hit him suddenly, are literally down to Sancho,

I wouldn’t know where to start rebuilding that squad with the added handicap of not having the ‘90’s/‘00’s pull of ‘Mancheater United’ any more. That’s SERIOUS money needed.

Unless Utd went down the Arsenal route and allowed youth tine to blossom, which won’t happen as Utd aren’t Arsenal and need to be winning now, it’s the biggest mess to sort out since Ferguson first tipped up.
To be fair it was never this bad before Ferguson (relegation excepted of course) but even then it took him 5 years to truly get the club back up and running. The club now really need to pick a manager stick with him and back him for more than 2 seasons accept that things may not go to plan straight away and just get on with it.

TOD they need a striker now to be honest so maybe it is time to give another youngster a chance, clearly Cavani is no longer interested, and Ronaldo needs to remember that there is no I in team. As for Greenwood the less say about him the better.
Yeah if top 4 looks improbable with a few games to go. I would be surprised to see 1 of Hugill or McNeil get a few mins. Most probably Hugill. But there not ready yet Hugill has only been 18 over 6 months ago and has been injured a lot recently. And McNeil only just turned. Both great finisher though with completely different styles STR wise.

Back