The Manchester United Thread

Kieran McKenna is dining a great job managing Ipswich. Not surprising has always been a top top coach. Will be managing on the Prem soon for sure.

Looks like Jamie Jackson is stirring **** again with Rashford and United.

Rangnick on Rashford future: “The window is closed right now. Even in case, suppose Rashford and his agents or his family at one stage of the summer think about maybe going to another club, well then he can do that - but in the summer. Not now”. #MUFC

Rangnick on Rashford future: “The window is closed right now. Even in case, suppose Rashford and his agents or his family at one stage of the summer think about maybe going to another club, well then he can do that - but in the summer. Not now”. #MUFC
Perfect answer tbh.

Really enjoying this game.

Tottenham the better side the first half. Utd all over the place at the back. But Utd have the World record breaking, better player who scored an absolute Worldie.

Hard one to call but ab enjoyable, compelling watch.

Well done. Massive victory that.

I mean I thought Tottenham were much the better of two bang average teams. But you get F all extra for style and at this stage of the season, when most every team is playing for something, ALL that matters is the W!

A combination of the poor quality teams and sheer desperation, made for a really enjoyable Sat’day tea-time watch. With a World record broken to boot.

Enjoyed that.

Well done. Massive victory that.

I mean I thought Tottenham were much the better of two bang average teams. But you get F all extra for style and at this stage of the season, when most every team is playing for something, ALL that matters is the W!

A combination of the poor quality teams and sheer desperation, made for a really enjoyable Sat’day tea-time watch. With a World record broken to boot.

Enjoyed that.
Overall play, I’d agree but they didn’t create a whole lot. Their goals were what? A penalty (we were denied a pen for a similar handball a few mins before but I digress) and an own goal. We didn’t create a whole lot either so you’re right, it was really two bang average teams out there today.
Side note: Sancho seems to be settling in nicely.

Overall play, I’d agree but they didn’t create a whole lot. Their goals were what? A penalty (we were denied a pen for a similar handball a few mins before but I digress) …..

I didn’t personally think they were similar at all mate and I’d have been P if the Dier one had been given against me and Telles one not for me. The former his hand is behind him, naturally, and the ball gets webbed at it. The later his arm comes out in front of him, away trom his body, to block it.

State of law say that if there's a handball that makes your body unnaturally bigger, then its a foul. Either both were, or weren't. Plus Dier blocked shot on target with his hand and Telles blocked the cross. Once again 0 consistency.

Where’s Diers arm supposed to go exactly if he’s stretching and it’s naturally behind him? It’s not like he’s moved his arm out to the ball like Telles. Aside from Ronaldo webbing it from being right next to him with no time to get out of the way regardless.

Its all moot as it didn’t affect the result but I’d be fuming if that was given against me.

Where’s Diers arm supposed to go exactly if he’s stretching and it’s naturally behind him? It’s not like he’s moved his arm out to the ball like Telles. Aside from Ronaldo webbing it from being right next to him with no time to get out of the way regardless.

Its all moot as it didn’t affect the result but I’d be fuming if that was given against me.

Here's a video side by side:

How is that natural arm position of Dier? He even hides his arm afterwards. I would argue Telles' arm is in more natural position since he's sprinting back and even turning his head. He didn't even know where the ball was when it hit his hand. Like, if you give one, you give both. Too much of this **** just from watching United games. Can't imagine how much more there is at the other games.

We see this completely differently as it looks even clearer to me viewed side-by-side. 🤷🏼‍♂️ If anything that highlights the distances between tge players in both incidents even more starkly.

No argument though that the standard of officiating, and worse VAR usage which should be a beneficial aid to correct mistakes, is getting worse with every passing week.

Maguire…enough said.

1647172973208.png

Like the title, other European spots, and relegation, this battle for 4th is going to the last day isn't it?

Sky will be creaming themselves.

For a league with such mediocre quality, it isn't half an exciting one.

Back