The Manchester United Thread

Great. Now to give Pogz new contract and bring Herrera from PSG and all will be good. Phil Jones is also back, thats a new signing!

On more serious note, having Ronaldo for one more year is one worry less for United. Had he left as well, we are looking at striker, left winger, midfielder, defender and a rb for United to sign.
Yeah I honestly don’t mind him seeing out his contract. Will still need another STR depending on what’s happening with Greenwood and Martial

Even with him staying they still need all those positions, seeing as Cavani is going at the end of his contract.
While thats true, now you're looking for a backup striker instead of a guy who's going to lead the front line. Also, Rashford/Elanga can play there.

Yeah I honestly don’t mind him seeing out his contract. Will still need another STR depending on what’s happening with Greenwood and Martial
Yeah, its a win-win for United.

While thats true, now you're looking for a backup striker instead of a guy who's going to lead the front line. Also, Rashford/Elanga can play there. …..

That’s one of Utd’s biggest on-field issues that stops Rangnick playing the way he wants to now. He shouldn’t be anywhere near being a starting player the teams built around at this stage of his career. And thats only going to get worse the older he gets.

Great piece to still have in the squad off the bench. Still capable of one off moments of World class brilliance like Tottenham. But yet again when Utd needed him most in Europe he offered next to nothing.

If Ronaldo’s starting next season as your #9 it will be another VERY long one.

#MUFC U18 Vs @LUFC team-news: Wooster (GK), Jurado (C), Murray, Kambwala, Fredricson, Oyedele, Gore, Mainoo, Mather, Ennis & Hugill. Subs: Hanbury, Pye, Aljofree, Forson & Norkett.

That’s one of Utd’s biggest on-field issues that stops Rangnick playing the way he wants to now. He shouldn’t be anywhere near being a starting player the teams built around at this stage of his career. And thats only going to get worse the older he gets.

Great piece to still have in the squad off the bench. Still capable of one off moments of World class brilliance like Tottenham. But yet again when Utd needed him most in Europe he offered next to nothing.

Totally agree, as good as Ronaldo is on his day he is now in the twilight of his career, what is needed is a good quality forward coming into his prime which the manager can build a team round, Haaland would be ideal but he won't be coming to England anytime soon (Not even to Manchester City) I feel. Greenwood should have been that player but he's now very much damaged goods, Martial is as consistent as a leaky teapot, Rashford could do a job there if he sorts himself out, Elanga is not yet ready the same is true of the other young forwards. The problem currently is the managerial issue players won't come until they know the new manager will be. Sort that out and the job becomes easier.

Nonetheless United have more pressing issues. ( pun intended)

Its impossible to address them all in one window, even two. Get defense and midfield sorted first.

Comical

Mainoo off injured ☹ Ethan Ennis makes it 2-1. Superb finish!

Make that 3-1. Utd win the ball back quickly after the kick off and Forson slots it home from Dan Gore

This teams so talented and fantastic to watch. We are even missing 3/4 keys players. You can’t even tell. Bin ion has done a great job in his first year coaching the team

FULL-TIME | Manchester United u18s 4-1 Leeds United u18s A brace from Ethan Ennis and a goal each from Joe Hugill and Omari Forson ensures United's win.

I Shared Alis one on the LFC thread but this is an interesting look at De Gea's.
Yeah, we already know this. I'd at least like him to try, he might be better at it than it looks, he seems like a ultimate confidence player to me. But for him to try that, United need to play the high line, and with this defense and midfield there's no way.

His passing, however, is inexcusable.

No surprises to see Martial getting pellets in the Spanish press and from Sevilla fans. Hope we get rid for any decent sort of fee

Back