The Manchester United Thread

Haven't they learnt yet Pogba has not justified his current contract let alone a new one. He's the last player they should be offering a contract extension to, the only reason why clubs want to sign him is because he is a free agent at the end of the season.

- JUST IN: Erik ten Hag is now the TOP candidate to become the new Manchester United manager after further talks yesterday, he is the number 1 option. His is allowed to leave for a little more than €2M, which is his release clause. [@MikeVerweij]

Ralf Rangnick and John Murtaugh have pushed hard and recommended Erik ten Hag to be the next #mufc manager all along the process [@DominicKing_DM]

Referees could soon start training with clubs, thanks to a proposal put forward by Ralf Rangnick [@MikeKeegan_DM]

The German has suggested that the relationship between players and officials could be improved if refs went through their paces with the stars at Premier League training grounds #mufc #mujournal

Rangnick's referee revolution is now being looked at by referees body PGMOL and could come into play from next season #mufc #mujournal

Such a move would see officials permitted to use the facilities at clubs, and they could referee training-ground matches as part of an attempt to build a better understanding of the role #mufc #mujournal

Ralf taking over 😁

Rangnick on the key to success: “It’s about recruitment, signing the right players at right time, not signing the wrong players at wrong time. It’s pretty easy in football, it’s about having a recruitment process and then have the best possible manager to fit into that.”

Rangnick: “If the club draws the right conclusions of what happened in the last couple of years, I still see a very bright future for this club.”

Rangnick: "It’s always good if you have money available to sign players but the question is do you sign the right players?" #mulive

Rangnick: "It’s not only a question of money but a question of what kind of idea do you have behind that? What kind of philosophy? And how do you want to play? It’s not only a question of money." #mulive

Rangnick: “As I have said before, there are reasons why I am here and why the club is in the position it is in. It’s all about finding out and pressing the right buttons to make sure that in the future we regularly qualify for the #UCL again, as well as win some trophies.”

I’m so happy the club and especially Murtaugh made the decision to bring him in! Gives me hope for our club moving forward 🙏🏼

#mufc have been targeting players who they feel would fit the sort of possession-based and high-pressing game favoured by their preferred managerial candidate, Ten Hag. With help from Ralf Rangnick [@TelegraphDucker]

poor Rashford, is about to pull the trigger and score the winner. Gets tackled by his own teammate...

Was it Sofa Head?

PLEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE say it was him!

As a related aside, this is like the '90's in reverse. Utd are now 21 points behind us. SEVEN games. On the 2nd day of April.

Rangnick is my current favourite person in football I think. LONG may his influence reign at Utd 😎

But you know what's utterly mad? I'm more concerned about Utd at home than I am going to City next Sunday. Again, been there, done that in the '90's when we were often a zillion miles off Utd in April. And all we had left was to play spoiler when we played them.

And here we are with the roles flipped. That makes them a very dangerous animal regardless of how utterly ***** they are.

Rangnick is my current favourite person in football I think. LONG may his influence reign at Utd 😎

I don’t get the patronizing comment on Rangnick tho? He was left with a **** show to work with: an unbalanced squad with over inflated egos and has had to deal with the whole Greenwood debacle, coupled with leaks, this was always going to be mission impossible
As I stated when he was hired, I’m more excited about the future than now however, we need to be absolutely ruthless.

I don’t get the patronizing comment on Rangnick tho? He was left with a **** show to work with: an unbalanced squad with over inflated egos and has had to deal with the whole Greenwood debacle, coupled with leaks, this was always going to be mission impossible
As I stated when he was hired, I’m more excited about the future than now however, we need to be absolutely ruthless.

He has one job, as of now. To get Utd into the top 4. Anything else is complete and utter failure after the last summer spend.

He's been there long enough now to be having an effect and it's no different to the PE Teacher!

So in the interests of fairness, the same applies to him as it did to the other clown. Surely?

And that's before you even get into the future mess which I'm staying clear of. In the here and now, he's an unmitigated disaster as to his present role. Let's be fair.

And the present affects the future.

*BTW, I don't disagree with anything you said on the current joke of a squad. But that's just what it is and it's his job, right now. to get them into the top 4 places. Harsh or not, that's the bottom line with the gig.

Last edited: