The Manchester United Thread

It’s time 😁

Breaking: #mufc are set to finalise the appointment of Erik ten Hag as the club's next manager #mulive [@RobDawsonESPN, @MarkOgden_]

Rene Meulensteen is one candidate being considered as Erik ten Hag's assistant #mulive [@RobDawsonESPN, @MarkOgden_]

#mufc's recruitment department have been told to finalise shortlists on players in each position and present them to the new manager Erik ten Hag, though he will also be allowed to present his own targets #mulive [@RobDawsonESPN, @MarkOgden_]

For your sake, I hope I’m wrong about ETH lol. He seems like an even bigger gamble than David Moyes.
It could all go wrong mate. But I think he’s the best out there for me atm along with Potter. We have tried the experienced the top class name managers and it ain’t worked. Was that down Ed the players. Then being out of touch with the Mexer. Game who knows.

What we do know ETH is a genuine modern day coach that has his team playing great football in terms of pressing, high energy and attacking. And he’s donet hat in Europe at the top level so not just a Dutch league master imo.

But for me this has got to be the continuation of the good work so far by getting Ragnick in. Murtaugh and Co the football men actually having the power to do what needs to be done on the football side without the higher ups getting involved like Ed in the past.

Now we need to let ETH bring his 1st choice staff with him. And then work together with Ralf and Murtaugh from now till the end of the season getting targets in who he wants and who will suit his style of play.

Steve McClaren and Rene Muelensteen could be joint ETH as assistant coaches/*** manager

It was felt that Ten Hag would be a better fit for the structure now in place at #MUFC, where John Murtough is the football director, Darren Fletcher is technical director and Ralf Rangnick an advisor. @sistoney67

🤩

For your sake, I hope I’m wrong about ETH lol. He seems like an even bigger gamble than David Moyes.
Depends what structure behind him will look like. If bankers and similar profile of people move out of football decision making, and the right people get brought in ( assuming Murtough and Rangnick are those people) then United might be on the track to return as a challenger. If not, then it doesn't matter who the manager is, unless owners change, nothing will change. This is probably the last chance and best one United have.

It is hoped that an announcement on Erik ten Hag will be made towards the end of next week, with Ten Hag now discussing details over a contract. Everything with Ajax is agreed. #mulive [@TelegraphDucker, @JBurtTelegraph]

#mufc are moving closer to appointing a new deputy football director. The process is down to the final three candidates. United are hoping to make an appointment within the next fortnight #mulive [@TelegraphDucker, @JBurtTelegraph]

Sorry but I’ve not been this excited about a manager and the club in a long time lol

If 'excited' means more of the same, the City of Liverpool shares that excitement. 🎉🎊🕺🕺🕺🎊🎉

Talking of, please beat the blueshite Sat'day dinner. Appreciation in advance.That is all.

If 'excited' means more of the same, the City of Liverpool shares that excitement. 🎉🎊🕺🕺🕺🎊🎉

Talking of, please beat the blueshite Sat'day dinner. Appreciation in advance.That is all.
We will see. But going on Peps recent comments about Tag I very much doubt it will be the same. Obviously he needs do becaloud to do things his way with support of the football people.

We will see. But going on Peps recent comments about Tag I very much doubt it will be the same. Obviously he needs do becaloud to do things his way with support of the football people.
I’d take Pep’s praise with a grain of salt tbh. He once called Big Sam a tactical genius.

And the support from the fans. None of which is afforded for the complete reboot Utd need. Not least with a totally unproven manager at this level and with these egos. They’ve started to turn on Rangnick already as you’ve noted. If the man he choses doesn’t hit the ground running it could turn very ugly, very fast.

All the best. And still win Sat’day ta. 😛

Last edited:

A win or draw could be enough to send the Toffees into the relegation places seeing as the other big match on Sunday is Norwich v Burnley. I guess you won't be cheering on Norwich in that game then on Scouse.

Last edited:
I’d take Pep’s praise with a grain of salt tbh. He once called Big Sam a tactical genius.
Big Sam's tactic are genius when you consider he managed to keep Everton up when in charge and has only had one Premiership relegation in his managerial career, his teams maybe boring in terms of attack but defensively they work. I think that maybe what Pep was alluding to with his comment. You have to be able to win ugly at times.