The Manchester United Thread

Exclusive: #mufc will make substantial funds available to Erik ten Hag this summer even if the club miss out on the Champions League. The club are determined to provide the new manager with the backing to start reshaping the squad. [@TelegraphDucker]

It is understood they wil reinvest money raised through sales. Five players are out of contract, and the potential for the same amount of departures in sales would free up considerable space on the wage bill and provide more scope for manoeuvre. [@TelegraphDucker]

Insiders at Old Trafford say they have finalised shortlists of potential targets ready to formally present to the new manager. #mufc are prioritising the recruitment of a striker and two accomplished, high-energy midfielders. [@TelegraphDucker]

Ten Hag will also have the opportunity to recommend signings of his own. #mufc are braced for that input amid recognition that the incoming manager may have some very specific ideas of his own on both ins and outs and will want to review the squad closely. [@TelegraphDucker]

arcel van der Kraan, Dutch football journalist and Ajax correspondent: "One of the two guarantees Ten Hag wants is having a backroom staff which will fit him and #mufc, and which will be good for him in terms of a total setup of changing the club's philosophy and identity." [@SkySportsNews]

Marcel van der Kraan: "Another guarantee Erik ten Hag wants is that he'll have complete freedom with his management of players - in terms of having players who would suit his playstyle, which could be suited to very young players for instance." [@SkySportsNews]

All sounds good. Let’s see. Encouraging signs for sure on the club finally moving forward. Club are also about to announce a DOF and deputy director of the womens teams.

Insiders at Old Trafford say they have finalised shortlists of potential targets ready to formally present to the new manager. #mufc are prioritising the recruitment of a striker and two accomplished, high-energy midfielders. [@TelegraphDucker]

I don’t see center halves or right backs anywhere (I’d start off there if anything)

I don’t see center halves or right backs anywhere (I’d start off there if anything)
We’ve been liked with Jussen Timber heavily by De Telegraph the last 2 days also Ducker retweeted the same articles. He’s an excellent ball playing CB in the De Ligt mould who ETH brought through the Ajax academy. RB not a priority for me. We still have at the club AWB, Dalot, Laird, Williams. And if Timber comes with ETH he’s played there also. CB, CM, ST is a must. Likely 2 CMs. But not sure 2 is needed with VDB, Garner coming back off loan. Then the new man might fancy a look at Galbraith or Levitt. Not to mention Hannibal

#mufc and Ten Hag have spoken about transfer targets for the summer earlier this week in the second round of interviews. [Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]

Ideal summer for me would be Nunez(st) Timber(cb) Anthony(rw) Phillips(dm)

We’ve been liked with Jussen Timber heavily by De Telegraph the last 2 days also Ducker retweeted the same articles. He’s an excellent ball playing CB in the De Ligt mould who ETH brought through the Ajax academy. RB not a priority for me. We still have at the club AWB, Dalot, Laird, Williams. And if Timber comes with ETH he’s played there also. CB, CM, ST is a must. Likely 2 CMs. But not sure 2 is needed with VDB, Garner coming back off loan. Then the new man might fancy a look at Galbraith or Levitt. Not to mention Hannibal

The RBs you listed are either untested or simply not good enough to start. I’d keep Dalot as he seems like the architectural backup RB. I’d bin both Williams (he’s already made it clear he wants a starting place) and AWB

Ethan looks promising in our u23s but so did Pereria

The RBs you listed are either untested or simply not good enough to start. I’d keep Dalot as he seems like the architectural backup RB. I’d bin both Williams (he’s already made it clear he wants a starting place) and AWB

Ethan looks promising in our u23s but so did Pereria
Ethan’s also had 2 impressive loan spells now. I just don’t see RB as much as a priority over other positions STR and DM top of the list

What do people actually see in Kalvin Philips?
He’s a very good underrated DM most likely coz he English and plays for Leeds. He has the one most pressing actions, and tackles won in Europe for a DM. He covered more ground than any DM last season and at the Euros. And his long passing to the flanks is very good in which Gravenberch plays for Ajax from the same position.

well if thats true just get gravenberch hes younger and a **** of a lot better