The Manchester United Thread

Ok, ta.

I got Arsenal wanting him at LB first and foremost, but CH as a primary role seemed questionable.

That at least makes a bit more sense.
He's like Mascherano, playing defender and holding midfielder, but can cover Lb as well (Mascherano was right footed though).

Mitten and Whitwall saying Eriksen, De Jong, Malacia could be wrapped up over the weekend

Last edited:
I can see Martinez being signed to play along side one of Varane or Maguire. For balance building up from the back. Also versatile like mentioned

Last edited:
He's like Mascherano, playing defender and holding midfielder, but can cover Lb as well (Mascherano was right footed though).

Yeah, I think thats the lure for Arsenal anyway. (Maybe Utd too?). Positional versatility. Primary as a LB with their major concerns over Tierney’s fitness longterm. But given their lack of depth and being able to stay injury free elsewhere (I don’t think Partey has hit 30 league games yet in a season at Arsenal but I may be wrong), one signing covering 3 roles helps a bunch.

I know Mascherano dropped back when he went to Spain and reinvented himself again into a top notch CH. I’d just have been reticent to do that in England with his lack of height and the big groks you come up against in the air here.

Ta for the input. 🍻 Oh, expect a contract extension from us before the windows out. Well, probably 3,. But one major one.

Yeah, I think thats the lure for Arsenal anyway. (Maybe Utd too?). Positional versatility. Primary as a LB with their major concerns over Tierney’s fitness longterm. But given their lack of depth and being able to stay injury free elsewhere (I don’t think Partey has hit 30 league games yet in a season at Arsenal but I may be wrong), one signing covering 3 roles helps a bunch.

I know Mascherano dropped back when he went to Spain and reinvented himself again into a top notch CH. I’d just have been reticent to do that in England with his lack of height and the big groks you come up against in the air here.

Ta for the input. 🍻 Oh, expect a contract extension from us before the windows out. Well, probably 3,. But one major one.
Who knows, I'd asume either LCB in 3 at the back. But he's versitile for sure.
I dont like a him as a defender. Sure, he's aggressive, frontfoot defender with good passing, but lack strength hinders him.

Who knows, I'd asume either LCB in 3 at the back. But he's versitile for sure.
I dont like a him as a defender. Sure, he's aggressive, frontfoot defender with good passing, but lack strength hinders him.

I actually just remembered he’s South American so on second thought, I think I’ll pass on him. Our luck with South American players, outside Tevez, can’t be trusted really. Even a peak Angel Di Maria couldn’t change this trend

So Malacia is the first one to sign. No idea what to expect, but for 15m there's a chance he can be a good player or sold for profit.

So Malacia is the first one to sign. No idea what to expect, but for 15m there's a chance he can be a good player or sold for profit.

Savvy for once from Utd. You really can't go wrong at that.

Sign a promising youngster for buttons in today's market. Hope he continues to develop. Or flip him for a profit.

Yeah I know it’s early. But if we can get Malacia, De Jong, Martinez and Eriksen wrapped up before the tour. With it looking like Periera, Henderson, Bailly going out early after the likes of Pogba, Lingard, Cavani, Mata, Matic, Grant already gone. That’s a great start to the clear out and reboot under ETH. But like we all know it’s still the Glazers and anything can happen. But Arnold and Murtaugh With ETH look to be trying to change how things are run.