The Manchester United Thread

And if he does get found guilty, his football career needs to be over. Locked up with his ***** chopped off and arsed every night in his cell!

You are now saying he should be raped nightly also??
Are you ******* russian or something?

I see the British colonialist attitude hasn't died on your little island.

Yes the audio is bad. At the end of the day that’s all it is audio. **** knows if he was actually doing anything to her. If they was role playing. Nobody knows anything.

Like I said the whole thing is a bit strange if you ask me. It’s been about a year now. Something is defo suspect. I hope the club are not trying to make it go away on the hush. And if he does get found guilty, his football career needs to be over. Locked up with his ***** chopped off and arsed every night in his cell!

You are now saying he should be raped nightly also??
Are you ******* russian or something?

I see the British colonialist attitude hasn't died on your little island.
Chill.

As much as many would like, he's not charged of anything. Terminating his contract would get United sued. However, he is not registered to play. But because he's u21, he's automatically eligible.

That makes more sense that he's not registered to play. Thank you.

The value of the asset will probably come into play but Utd should just let his contract run out without ever having the scumbag don their colours again if they can't find a legit reason to terminate it. Regardless of whether money has paid off his victim if this doesn't go to trial, there isn't much doubt left as to what he is.

*Edit* And as a related aside, any opposition fans, and there's been a few low lifes I've seen on twitter, attacking Utd over this aren't worth anyone's time of day. This could happen at any club at any time given how entitled some of these little ****** are today having been brought up in academy systems now where thy've never had to deal with the word 'NO!'

The value of the asset will probably come into play but Utd should just let his contract run out without ever having the scumbag don their colours again if they can't find a legit reason to terminate it. Regardless of whether money has paid off his victim if this doesn't go to trial, there isn't much doubt left as to what he is.

*Edit* And as a related aside, any opposition fans, and there's been a few low lifes I've seen on twitter, attacking Utd over this aren't worth anyone's time of day. This could happen at any club at any time given how entitled some of these little ****** are today having been brought up in academy systems now where thy've never had to deal with the word 'NO!'
Rare are occasions where any organization want to do anything with people who have and can (even more) damage their reputation. Sad truth is they don't care what crime someone committed as long as it does not damage the organization, but this - this rape accusation has almost ruined Mason's whole career. The backlash if someone offers him a contract is going to be huge, and I doubt Glazers want the heat. He's simply not worth it.

From a human perspective, the audio alone is so terrible that his career should be over. No matter how young and foolish you are, you are in such a spotlight that you can't make those mistakes. He doesn't have the privilege like you and me have, simply because his words have much larger audience and thus impact. He ****** up royally in any case.

It it doesn't go to trial it would indicate that there is either not enough evidence to prove him guilty at this time, the young lady in question is too scared to testify or he is totally innocent. We must not forget Ched Evans is still in the game after initially being found guilty of rape then being made a pariah by the game before eventually getting a retrial and clearing his name. Greenwood has not had a trial let alone been found guilty yes there is an audio recording implying he is guilty but clearly there is something missing otherwise the system would have given the go ahead for a trial. His top flight career for now is in ruins and it would be remiss of the club to allow him to carry on his career after so long away but who are we to decide what happens that is a matter for the law and the club not for social media.

I am going to respectfully hold my tongue on some of the absolute nonsense, to be kind, I’m reading that abusers regularly use to excuse their crimes.

This is F ridiculous and is getting WAY out of hand now-

Like everything else in this God forsaken Country, how much longer do we continue to be treated like second class citizens before everyone gets together and fights back? This **** has gone on for WAY too long at football.

And there we go-

Greenwood charged with attempted rape and assault

Anyone still want to try give him the benefit of the doubt?
I'll wait on the court verdict it sounds like he has been charged after breaking the terms of his bail (which at a guess would be due to being in contact with his accuser), safe to say however, he won't be back in the Premiership and possibly not in professional sport at any level. Now we need the London based player who has contintued to be selected by his club to be named for 3 accusations of rape. To be honest which ever club that player represents should be ashamed, Manchester United did the right thing suspending him pending an outcome which has taken much of the flack off the club now it moves on to the courts to decide.

…The backlash if someone offers him a contract is going to be huge, and I doubt Glazers want the heat. He's simply not worth it.
For all of the Glazer’s incompetence, one thing’s for sure: they don’t want bad PR. That was probably the sole reason behind pulling out of that Arnautovic. So I’m confident that’s never going to happen.

If he’s found not guilty he will play again and likely get a new contract. Glazers may not want bad publicity but he’s still an asset to them in there eyes.

If you're going to continue on a personal level, please use DMs. Start behaving like grownups.