The Manchester United Thread

Ten Hag needs to cook something. Last month or so have been poor. There's no threat going forward, midfield can't string 5 passes and when they do, Rashford or Antony kill the momentum with their lack of directness.
This is the reason why I'm against giving Rashford a new contract on quoted 400kpw salary. He's massively overperforming this season and I hope club can see that and be sensitive.
Really don’t believe he club would just straight up double Rashford’s wages like that. I’m still for giving him a new contract as wide forwards are such a rare and expensive commodity these days. We got one that also happens to be home grown

Don't get me started on Antony. He's as productive as I am on Sunday after a few glasses of Jack. One dimensional player who's been found out after 2 months in the club. He needs to add much, much more to his game if he wants to succeed. What balance does he brings? This is not a ****** yoga session my fiend, the whole point of football is to create imbalances so you can take advantage of those situations.
Antony gets the ball and the next happens - cuts inside on his left foot and either shoots or passes sideways. Or he runs to the byline and cuts back following by backward pass to some defensive player. He couldn't even skin Dan Burn. Dan the turtle Burn.
But the main issue is - there's no alternative. This one is on ten Hag. He was bent on Antony.
Still to early to give a final judgement on him, but this season is a total miss for him.

Antony is an interesting case tbh. Being one-dimensional isn’t much of a bad thing as we have had successful one trick ponies in the game like Robben (albeit he’s the much better player). Issue I see with Antony is a combination of confidence and his body posture when he’s trying to take on his man. Still young and I hope he can improve that.

Edit:
As for the alternative options, I really feel we should use Pellestri more.

Last edited:
Sancho is a curious one. By just watching him you can see he has all the talent. Great with the ball in his feet, not so much without it. I'm far more optimistic about Sancho than Antony. I feel when United ( well, IF) finally gets a proper striker, Sancho will blossom.
Looking at stats, his shot creating actions and general ball progression is really, really good.
when I watch Sancho at times, I feel there’s a disconnect with him vs everyone else. Ironically, the best games I’ve seen him play come in that no. 10 spot where he’s much more involved in the overall buildup. That isn’t a long term fix as he doesn’t track back enough to make that spot his own.

It's hilarious to see the reaction of the Newcastle fans after the win anyone one would think they had won the league when all they have is 3 points. Then again I suppose they have been so starved of success in the North East over the last few decades moving into 3rd in the league is like winning something.

As fergie always said, the wee club in the north east. We beat them when it actually mattered

Really don’t believe he club would just straight up double Rashford’s wages like that. I’m still for giving him a new contract as wide forwards are such a rare and expensive commodity these days. We got one that also happens to be home grown
Club should prioritize a new contract for Rashford, but not at quoted wages.

Antony is an interesting case tbh. Being one-dimensional isn’t much of a bad thing as we have had successful one trick ponies in the game like Robben (albeit he’s the much better player). Issue I see with Antony is a combination of confidence and his body posture when he’s trying to take on his man. Still young and I hope he can improve that.

Edit:
You know it's a bad alternative when you can't even spell his name correctly. :D

😀

Laurie Whitwell
@lauriewhitwell
·
Prospect of Eriksen returning to team with Casemiro for Sevilla tie on April 13.

It is understood that Luke Shaw’s substitution vs Brentford was made as a precaution and that after further tests, #mufc staff do not regard the problem as serious. [@TimesSport]

Alex Turk
@AlexCTurk
·
United statement: "Manchester United were pleased to offer Old Trafford as a potential host for Euro 2028 fixtures. However, we were unable to secure Old Trafford's availability due to a potential redevelopment of the stadium."

Alex Turk
@AlexCTurk
·
United statement: "Manchester United were pleased to offer Old Trafford as a potential host for Euro 2028 fixtures. However, we were unable to secure Old Trafford's availability due to a potential redevelopment of the stadium."
only if the yanks sell is it going to get any redevelopment

Edit:
One thing I do like is against Brentford for example he kept cutting in and trying shots but kept his head up even when things weren't going his way, but if you look in the last game and compared it to the first few games the understanding between him and Dalot and how they're starting to read each other properly and figure out who's cutting in and who stays wide and give the option. He's only 23 and first year in a new league there is a player in there if he stays headstrong on improving or he could turn out to be the next Pepe only time will tell

only if the yanks sell is it going to get any redevelopment
They're selling. You don't organize these biddings if you're not selling. Those are not people you mess with if you're not serious. And it's a typical negotiation process. You organize 2-3 biddings to see who's really serious and at the end you pick one and start negotiating with them privately.