The Manchester United Thread

Well that's massive news in all this. If, as was widely reported Friday, he was the yes man/ man with a lot less power than ten Hag to just purely coach, they wanted, that completely shifts things. Nobody else they are madly looking at improves things and doesn't set this project right back surely?

I personally think that's the best thing McKenna could do for his career. He needs to carry on developing as a coach and if he keeps Ipswich up/ has a good PL showing, then the next steps will be there for him a few years down the line. Possibly still Utd.

Not that it means anything but just been listening to Fabs latest transfer news bid.

If he’s right (most likely not lol)

We should be lining up something like this next season.

Onana
Dalot, Todibo, Martinez, New LB (no name mentioned)

Mainoo, Neves

Olise, Bruno, Garnacho

Højlund

Also said talks with Frimpong have been ongoing since last summer. And the current STR option to bring in is Sesko.

Martial Official! £250k saved add to that £300k from Varane.

martial_9 Dear Manchester United fans, It's with great emotion that I write to you today to say goodbye. After nine incredible years at the club, the time has
come for me to turn a new page in my career.

Since I arrived in 2015, I have had the immense honour of wearing this shirt and playing in front of you, the best supporters in the world! You have been an unwavering support, through the good times and the difficult. Your passion and
loyalty have been a constant source of motivation for me.

I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done for me. Your songs, your encouragement and your love for the club are memories that will remain engraved in my
heart forever.

I would also like to express my gratitude to all my team-mates, technical staff and all the members of the club I have met during my 9 years here. I am proud to have been able to share
these experiences with you.

Manchester United will always be in my heart. This club has left its mark on my career and offered me an incredible opportunity to play in front of you. I'm leaving to take on new challenges, I'll always be a Red Devil and I'll continue to follow
the club's results with passion.

Thank you again for everything, and see you soon.

You can’t know for sure now can you? It’s not like it’s the first trophy he’s won (probably won’t be the last). If you look at the situation from an owner’s perspective, it’s better an employee operate under the assumption of keeping his job vs losing it.

But I’ll give him this, he’s handled this (the press) as graciously as anyone could. I would’ve gone the Nigel Pearson route.
Of course it is, but you're acting like ten Hag has nothing to lose if he just forfeits the match.

Not that it means anything but just been listening to Fabs latest transfer news bid.

If he’s right (most likely not lol)

We should be lining up something like this next season.

Onana
Dalot, Todibo, Martinez, New LB (no name mentioned)

Mainoo, Neves

Olise, Bruno, Garnacho

Højlund

Also said talks with Frimpong have been ongoing since last summer. And the current STR option to bring in is Sesko.
So that's 50m for Todibo, 100m for Neves, probably 60-70 for Olise. Over 200m without Frimpong ( who's going to be 50m+) and Sesko who's going for similar. Yeah, I can't see United spending 300m without CL football.

So that's 50m for Todibo, 100m for Neves, probably 60-70 for Olise. Over 200m without Frimpong ( who's going to be 50m+) and Sesko who's going for similar. Yeah, I can't see United spending 300m without CL football.
Todibo clause is 40m euros. Olise is £50/60m. Frimpong clause this summer is 34m euros. Yeah Neves would be between 80-100m euros. No idea on Sesko but tbh I think he will end up at Arsenal.

Tbh no idea on what our budget is I guess it will be around £250m after wages saved and sales. Ineos/SJR, Willcox, Berrada, Blanc will have to be smart that’s for sure. In theory these should be easy deals they all have clause and are seriously interested in coming and have been in talks with some for a while. But let’s see.

Shots fired. The underlying threat of protest at the match should resinate with INEOS you would think.

I get legends point that those in charge shouldn’t be swayed by the fans. Which in the main is bang on. But Utds match going support are the most important thing in all this and know the club and whats best for the club, far better than a part-ownership group thats been there 3/4 months. And has gone through 6 managers to no success already in a short space of time in France.

There you go ToD.

WTF is Joel Glazer doing involved on the football side? Thats now all INEOS and Ratcliffe controlled right? Wasn’t that Radcliffe's line he’s sold everyone on? Tell me how this is any different from any other manager they’ve S all over and sacked?

Bedfellows. That’s exactly what I was mooting a few posts ago.

INEOS aren’t controlling anything without the Glazers say so. And Ratcliffe has kept them in power.

There you go ToD.

WTF is Joel Glazer doing involved on the football side? Thats now all INEOS and Ratcliffe controlled right? Wasn’t that Radcliffe's line he’s sold everyone on? Tell me how this is any different from any other manager they’ve S all over and sacked?

INEOS aren’t controlling anything without the Glazers say so. And Ratcliffe has kept them in power.

I’m not shocked at all tbh I wouldn’t expect anything other. At the end of the day they are majority holders and will still have a say on things from a financial view. What remains to be seen is who will make the final decision when it finally comes out if he stays or goes.

Martial Official! £250k saved add to that £300k from Varane.

martial_9 Dear Manchester United fans, It's with great emotion that I write to you today to say goodbye. After nine incredible years at the club, the time has
come for me to turn a new page in my career.

Since I arrived in 2015, I have had the immense honour of wearing this shirt and playing in front of you, the best supporters in the world! You have been an unwavering support, through the good times and the difficult. Your passion and
loyalty have been a constant source of motivation for me.

I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done for me. Your songs, your encouragement and your love for the club are memories that will remain engraved in my
heart forever.

I would also like to express my gratitude to all my team-mates, technical staff and all the members of the club I have met during my 9 years here. I am proud to have been able to share
these experiences with you.

Manchester United will always be in my heart. This club has left its mark on my career and offered me an incredible opportunity to play in front of you. I'm leaving to take on new challenges, I'll always be a Red Devil and I'll continue to follow
the club's results with passion.

Thank you again for everything, and see you soon.
Good riddence, another one who spent too much time on the treatment table and when he did play failed to show any interest in actually fighting for the shirt. I think he had one good season in nine years the rest were meh.

There you go ToD.

It was always part of the deal that the Glazers would have last say on anything money related and sacking the manager (and therefore having to pay compensation) is money related. Ratcliffe was a mug to ever think he would be able to do what he wants.

It was always part of the deal that the Glazers would have last say on anything money related and sacking the manager (and therefore having to pay compensation) is money related. Ratcliffe was a mug to ever think he would be able to do what he wants.

No question. Everyone with an ounce of realism knows who's running the show after Ratcliffe gave them an out to stay owning the club. That wasn't the crux there .....

INEOS have sold this to the masses that they are in total charge of football ops ..... In which case, Joel Glazer should have NO part in any review of that. Signing off on him going/ a new manager coming in should be as far as their part goes.

Effectively nothing has changed. Just some new appointments and titles. And won't until you cut off the snakes head.

Where has he ever said this?

No question. Everyone with an ounce of realism knows who's running the show after Ratcliffe gave them an out to stay owning the club. That wasn't the crux there .....

INEOS have sold this to the masses that they are in total charge of football ops ..... In which case, Joel Glazer should have NO part in any review of that. Signing off on him going/ a new manager coming in should be as far as their part goes.

Effectively nothing has changed. Just some new appointments and titles. And won't until you cut off the snakes head.
Again not true the papers have sold that not Ineos themselves. Ratcliffe has said from the off in his first interview with the bbc and on MUTV it would always be done with the Glazer.

Whoever thought or believed Ineos was ever gonna have TOTAL control was naive.

Least things are being done since SJR came in. If the Glazers were still in total control. Carrington wouldn’t be getting 10s of millions spent over the summer on a complete refurb/modernisation. Woody, Murtaugh, Arnold would still be here.

Everyone out of contract would be getting new deals “to protect asset value”

There wouldn’t be any hope of a new stadium or a stadium refurb depending on what route they decide. And the roof wouldn’t have been fixed at OT.

Let’s not start painting people with the Glazer brush just yet. They have done more in 6 months than they have in 10+ years.

Where has he ever said this?
The Glazers were and are more than happy (or should that read Avram Glazer he is the one who wants to keep his grubby fingers in the 'pie') to let Ratcliffe throw his money at the club, just as long as they have the final say and continue to get their dividends. Yet Ratcliffe still went ahead to stoke his ego.