The Manchester United Thread

Erik ten Hag: "Manchester United disturbed my holiday, they suddenly stood at my doorstep."

Erik ten Hag:"#mufc and I still have to find an agreement for the new contract. This isn't easily done. We are still going to have to talk about this..." [via @TheEuropeanLad]

Ten Hag:"Luke Shaw will start playing once England get out of the group stages. We have talked about this." [via @TheEuropeanLad]

@TheEuropeanLad

🗣️
- Erik ten Hag: "INEOS took their time. They are new in football, it's normal to reflect the season. It's no secret that they talked with multiple candidates."• But how was it for you to hear this?
🗣️
- Erik ten Hag: "Here in Holland this is 'not done', in fact, it's not even allowed here. But in England they have different rules and laws."

🚨
Manchester United are set to receive a £60m sponsorship payment which will ease their PSR restrictions to spend in July.

United recently announced a new multi-year front-of-shirt sponsorship deal with Qualcomm branch Snapdragon. United are set to earn £60m per season from the deal – an uplift of around £12-£15m from their previous deal with TeamViewer.

The first payment from the Snapdragon deal will be included in United’s 2024-25 accounting period, providing more financial flexibility for transfer business for the remainder of the summer window.#MUFC

Sir Jim Ratcliffe on UEFA stopping Nice selling Todibo to Manchester United due to the teams playing in the same competition:

“They’ve said we can sell him to another Premiership club, but we can't sell to Manchester United.

But that's not fair on the player and I don’t see what that achieves.” #MUFC [
@business
]

Sir Jim Ratcliffe: “We’ve got more accountants than we’ve got sporting people at Manchester United. This will change!” #MUFC [@business]

Sir Jim Ratcliffe:“There’s room for improvement everywhere we look at Manchester United, and we will improve everything. We want to be where Real Madrid is today, but it’ll take time.” #MUFC [@business]

Sir Jim Ratcliffe:“Manchester United’s net spend since the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson and David Gill is £1.1billion. Real Madrid’s is £200m. Today they have 6 or 7 players valued at over £100m. United have none. And they have made the new Bernabeu.” #MUFC [@business]

Sir Jim Ratcliffe on the decision to keep Erik ten Hag:“We kept Erik ten hag because he’s a good coach. He wins things. He did well at Ajax. The man in the street likes to think that the coach is everything, and maybe it was in the days of Ferguson.” #MUFC [via @alex_crook]

Sir Jim Ratcliffe: “We’ve had a whole series of good coaches since, and none of them have succeeded. The root of the problem is not the coach, it’s the environment around him. That’s what we’re looking at - we have to address that environment.” #MUFC [via @alex_crook]

why whats wrong with shaw this time
Southgate took him to the Euro squad knowing he was injured still in the hope he would get fit for the second game of the group stages. Now that he’s been rushed back in training for England he’s suffered another set back and won’t be fit till further notice.