The Manchester United Thread

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano
·
🚨
EXCL: Ruud van Nistelrooy has been approached to be part of Erik ten Hag’s new staff at Manchester United.Up to van Nistelrooy as he’s also strong candidate to be new Burnley manager to replace Kompany, decision next week
🟣
🔵
Changes will take place in #MUFC staff this summer.

Stopping P around with Ashworth and getting an actual DoF in to sort this window out would be more pressing wouldn't it?

With Newcastle adamant they'll leave him on gardening leave for another 18 months, because, like, they are State owned and can, (Side note- Who in there right mind agrees to that in their contract of work?), surely INEOS aren't going to wait another 2 windows after this one before he can start?

There's having your man. And there's being left behind and wasting time and money just because you are stubborn.

Stopping P around with Ashworth and getting an actual DoF in to sort this window out would be more pressing wouldn't it?

With Newcastle adamant they'll leave him on gardening leave for another 18 months, because, like, they are State owned and can, (Side note- Who in there right mind agrees to that in their contract of work?), surely INEOS aren't going to wait another 2 windows after this one before he can start?

There's having your man. And there's being left behind and wasting time and money just because you are stubborn.
Well from what I heard, Barcode FC won’t budge for even £10 million. I will say £20 million for a DOF is absurd. The reputation of us overpaying isn’t going to go away if we payout what they’re look for. Not to mention I wouldn’t want to give them an easy way out of FFP.

Well from what I heard, Barcode FC won’t budge for even £10 million. I will say £20 million for a DOF is absurd. The reputation of us overpaying isn’t going to go away if we payout what they’re look for. Not to mention I wouldn’t want to give them an easy way out of FFP.

Exactly.

So surely its time to look for someone else?

🚨
| BREAKING: Ruud van Nistelrooy is set to return to #mufc as Erik ten Hag's assistant coach. He is in talks with United and both parties are enthusiastic. [@ADnl]

🚨
| Ruud Van Nistelrooy held discussions with several clubs about a position as head coach, including Burnley, Club Brugge and several clubs in Germany and Spain. But at #mufc, he also sees a wonderful challenge in a different role. [@ADnl]

🚨
| BREAKING: Ruud van Nistelrooy is set to return to #mufc as Erik ten Hag's assistant coach. He is in talks with United and both parties are enthusiastic. [@ADnl]

🚨
| Ruud Van Nistelrooy held discussions with several clubs about a position as head coach, including Burnley, Club Brugge and several clubs in Germany and Spain. But at #mufc, he also sees a wonderful challenge in a different role. [@ADnl]
I have to admit, I’m a bit surprised with this one. Idk why RVN would rather be an assistant coach than a gaffe with a really good season at PSV under his belt. Wonderful opportunity for Hojlund to really polish his movement in the box.

I have to admit, I’m a bit surprised with this one. Idk why RVN would rather be an assistant coach than a gaffe with a really good season at PSV under his belt. Wonderful opportunity for Hojlund to really polish his movement in the box.
Yeah quite the coupe getting Ruud in as a coach. Reading Duckers piece about it now sounds like it was ETH suggestion as part of his new contract negotiations. Also possibly one of MClarren or Van De Gaag might be leaving. But that’s just talk not mentioned by Ducker.

Yeah quite the coupe getting Ruud in as a coach. Reading Duckers piece about it now sounds like it was ETH suggestion as part of his new contract negotiations. Also possibly one of MClarren or Van De Gaag might be leaving. But that’s just talk not mentioned by Ducker.
Or maybe, he’s INEOS’ backup plan come December 🙃

Wouldn’t shock me if we wait till 2025. Ratcliffe has gone on record that he’d rather crawl to the right solution than rush to the wrong one.

He's also narking that the right men aren't in place to run this window and get deals done.

Sacrificing three of them to set Utd even further back would be a very strange answer to that.

We won’t be sacrificing 3 of them. He’s frustrated about Ashworth but we will be ok till he arrives. We have Blanc, Berrada and Wilcox all in place and who are all super capable and have done that job or similar roles at high levels of club football. I’m for one am glad he won’t be happy until he gets exactly who he wants in.

We won’t be sacrificing 3 of them. He’s frustrated about Ashworth but we will be ok till he arrives. We have Blanc, Berrada and Wilcox all in place and who are all super capable and have done that job or similar roles at high levels of club football. I’m for one am glad he won’t be happy until he gets exactly who he wants in.

2 administrators and Wilcox?

Sounds like a plan.

2 administrators and Wilcox?

Sounds like a plan.
I believe you may misunderstand his role a bit as far as the scope. Ashworth would represent an overseer to several aspects like the men’s team, women’s team, Physio, sports science, youth teams, nutrition and recruitment. Each of these facets will have their various heads that would report to him. For the men’s team, you have Ten Hag. For the women’s team, you have Marc Skinner. For recruitment, you’ll have James Wilcox. Wilcox is going to be the one running the recruitment bit.

Ashworth’s role is just making sure each of these facets are pulling in the same direction (ya know, the complete opposite of what has happen the past decade). There won’t be an upheaval if/when he comes in.

Back