The Manchester United Thread

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano

🚨
🔴
EXCLUSIVE: Man United will also add Go Ahead Eagles manager René Hake to new coaching staff for next season.

Hake and Ruud van Nistelrooy to be new additions to Erik ten Hag’s staff.

Club side confident and ready to get new contract signed for ten Hag these next days
➕
new staff.

It’s a shame really the clubs / ground has been run that badly in there tenure we even have to think about measures like this for a new stadium. If true 😡😢
You can do that with carrington or rename a stand for all I care to raise funds but the trademark “Old Trafford” is strictly off limits. No true United fan would even entertain this idea.

It’s just plain disrespectful to the history of the club. Rather have a new stadium built where they can make that anything they want.

You can do that with carrington or rename a stand for all I care to raise funds but the trademark “Old Trafford” is strictly off limits. No true United fan would even entertain this idea.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Carrington is on the agenda either. Old Trafford definitely has to remain in some way if it gets renamed some how!

Ten Hag has been weighing up a reshuffle of coaching duties after a turbulent season and it is felt Van der Gaag may see now as the right time to step away. He has ambitions to be a No 1 again, having managed in Portugal and Holland previously. [@lauriewhitwell] #mufc

🚨
🔴
René Hake confirms to Dutch television he’s set to sign for Man United as new assistant coach.He’s leaving Go Ahead Eagles to join Man United coaching staff, as well as Ruud van Nistelrooy.Exclusive story, confirmed.

Be a very good signing. A big upgrade o Millie Turer to partner Maya Le Tissier.

Emma Sanders
@em_sandy

Morning! Understand Manchester United are set to sign Dutch defender Dominique Janssen, who recently left Wolfsburg medical booked, on a free transfer. Also told Mary Earps’ departure is set to be confirmed by United today. Story on BBC Sport shortly. #mufc

Emma Sanders

@em_sandy
·
So to recap what we've reported on Mary Earps... Expecting Man Utd to confirm her departure today. Club offered her a good deal (equal to PSG) but she wants to compete for regular silverware & is set to join PSG. Believe her PSG contract will be for two years.

Well from reading Ornstein, Duckers and the Times latest it seems a RF CB, LF CB, DM and a STR are the priorities. Then LB, RW and RB will depend on outgoings and funds raised.

Looks like atm it’s De Ligt, Branthwaite, Ugarte, Zirkzee

What do people see in Braithwaite? Rather go for Guehi
I like both. I guess it’s balance to the squad. Branthwaite is left footed. But I doubt Wverton will budge on there fees. Hopefully we know for sure this week and can move on either way. If we can get him great. If not move on asap and don’t be like the Glazers haggling all summer then end up paying what they wanted anyway at the end of the window. I want to see us move away from this big time under Ineos

What do people see in Braithwaite? Rather go for Guehi

Like Utd dropping on Mainoo, Everton really unearthed a gem in Braithwaite last season. Rapid quick for a lad 6'5. Uses his size and physicality brilliantly. Equally adept playing either side. Really smart positionally and getting his body shape the right side of his opponent. Really classy ball playing CH. Dyche lives for defenders and he loves him. That's why the Ev won't be selling unless a club did something stupid like a Maguire type offer that they couldn't refuse.

Like Gomez, Stones and Tomari, although a little younger, Guehi's more established and a really good CH in his own right. But coming through, the best English ball playing CH's 21 or under are, in IMHO, Braithwaite, Colwill (Although he needs out of Chelsea. He's being ruined in that environment), and Quansah. All three well over 6 foot, with all the traits to be dominant, really classy ball playing CH's for years to come.