The Manchester United Thread

Another new appointment coming in according to Orny

🚨 EXCL: Man Utd working to appoint Christopher Vivell to help with summer transfer window. 37yo to lend expertise around talent ID, recruitment, multi-club model. Latest step to build out #MUFC sporting structure @TheAthleticFC

Christopher Vivell will bring knowledge of operating in a multi-club model to #mufc, which United’s new hierarchy is expected to explore going forward. He also has huge experience in scouting and player recruitment, from his previous roles at RB Salzburg, RB Leipzig and Chelsea. He will report to Omar Berrada. [@David_Ornstein]

Florian Plettenberg

@Plettigoal

Understand it’s a DONE DEAL:

Christopher Vivell is set to join Manchester United with immediate effect as their new Director head of Recruitment!

All that's missing is the work permit for the 37 y/o. The former Technical Director from Chelsea with many options. But he decided to join #MUFC on a short-term contract with a view to becoming long term! Vivell will help in terms of transfers in the next two windows as per
@David_Ornstein
@SkySportDE
🇩🇪

If that was the case why did Newcastle want him in the first place, let alone demand £20m for him to leave. Smacks of sour grapes to me.
Exactly. It’s most likely the reason they don’t want the fee being disclosed. They been done right over after playing billy big balls!

Even if we did it won’t be anything near the reported £20m they wanted likely not even near half I would guess. Ineos played this well that’s for sure.

I'd say thinking the Saudis haven't been handsomely compensated, when they held all the cards, is as naive as some of the Braithwaite takes.

Also Companies house have released that SJR has injected £133m more of his own cash into club running costs. And will also go towards him owning more % of the club on top after his initial partial investment.

Last edited:
Although Christopher Vivell will initially join #mufc on a short-term basis to help with the summer window, an extended stay will be likely. [@TelegraphDucker]

#mufc believe Christopher Vivell’s expertise and experience around talent identification, player recruitment and contacts will provide a valuable complement to Jason Wilcox and Dan Ashworth as they expand football operations. [@TelegraphDucker]