The Manchester United Thread

Summer window comes to a close this Friday and what will be a busy week. Finding out our Europa and Carabao cup opponents. Hopefully we can shift on some more deadwood and bring a couple/few in.

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano
·
🚨
🔴
Manuel Ugarte to Manchester United, here we go! Deal sealed between clubs after personal terms agreed in July.

€50m fixed fee plus €10m add-ons will be the final package. PSG originally wanted €70m.

Ugarte will travel to Manchester as he ONLY wanted United… and United only wanted him.

Done.
✅
🇺🇾

Like I said, it was always going to br 50m +.
Psg get their money back, and United gets overrated, overpaid midfielder.

If you think that, then I went over the line.

I hope I'm wrong. Just like I hope I'm wrong about EtH. Won't be dooming and glooming though.
Yeah you never know with signings tbh.

I have watched him a lot. He’s not gonna help you control games but he’s certainly gonna help a **** of a lot stopping us getting dominated and over run in CM.

Since his Sporting days in been up in the top 5 players across the top leagues in Europe. In regards to Tackles, Interceptions, Duels won, Ground covered. His passing stats are always around the high 80s/ low 90s % wise as he releases the ball quick after winning it back just as quick. Then passing it on quickly to the first available player. If there’s space in front of him he will certainly drive into before playing the simple pass.

Was thinking about him a lot in terms of who he reminds me of. Very much Mascherano like. Or you could say Palinha if you wanna look more recent times.

Yeah you never know with signings tbh.

I have watched him a lot. He’s not gonna help you control games but he’s certainly gonna help a **** of a lot stopping us getting dominated and over run in CM.

Since his Sporting days in been up in the top 5 players across the top leagues in Europe. In regards to Tackles, Interceptions, Duels won, Ground covered. His passing stats are always around the high 80s/ low 90s % wise as he releases the ball quick after winning it back just as quick. Then passing it on quickly to the first available player. If there’s space in front of him he will certainly drive into before playing the simple pass.

Was thinking about him a lot in terms of who he reminds me of. Very much Mascherano like. Or you could say Palinha if you wanna look more recent times.
Issue with Mascherano comparison is that his best games were him playing as centreback. Palhinha is also strange, since Ugarte is quicker, mobile player who likes to defend high, and Palhinha likes to sit deeper, position himself and is much better in physical duels.
If anything, Ugarte reminds me of Kante, just not nearly as good.