The Manchester United Thread

Issue with Mascherano comparison is that his best games were him playing as centreback. Palhinha is also strange, since Ugarte is quicker, mobile player who likes to defend high, and Palhinha likes to sit deeper, position himself and is much better in physical duels.
If anything, Ugarte reminds me of Kante, just not nearly as good.
Tbh he has a lot of traits from all 3 if you really watch him a lot

If anything, Ugarte reminds me of Kante, just not nearly as good.
He’s definitely got the ball winning ability along with Kante’s tenacity but one underrated part of (prime) Kante’s game was his ball carrying. He had a deceptively good burst of acceleration to get himself out of tight situations and take the ball in his stride. Ugarte certainly lacks this

He's nothing like Kante. He's the player Kante has always needed beside him in a double pivot to allow Kante to go hunt the ball all over the pitch with his great range. Mad how people still profile Kante so wrong and bracket him as a DM that he's never has been per se. He's a hunter. The likes of Ugarte and the Fulham lad that went to Munich are sitters that protect and are becoming less and less in the modern game.

Interesting that ten Hag, who pertains to want to play progressive football (even though Utd still have no identity under him), has chosen to go with one of them. He'll tighten up the backside but he's far from the controller/ line-breaker when teams sit deep. Interesting to see how he fits in as not many PL teams are playing with a player like this.

I hope so. There positions we need players in. But not those lol. Tbf Sterling is still good but his wages no thanks
I know I said earlier in the window that United getting football people made this window different for me. However, if you somehow do the lose-lose swap of Sancho and Sterling then it will be more of the same and I owe Scouse an apology. In what universe is bringing in Sterling a good deal in any footballing sense. He's been found out since Pep got tired of him blazing the ball over the bar at the back post of KDB crosses. I wont even mention the wages and Jesus Sancho back in London is a recipe for disaster lmao.

God
I know I said earlier in the window that United getting football people made this window different for me. However, if you somehow do the lose-lose swap of Sancho and Sterling then it will be more of the same and I owe Scouse an apology. In what universe is bringing in Sterling a good deal in any footballing sense. He's been found out since Pep got tired of him blazing the ball over the bar at the back post of KDB crosses. I wont even mention the wages and Jesus Sancho back in London is a recipe for disaster lmao.
don’t you start bringing that more of the same nonsense in here lol

He’s definitely got the ball winning ability along with Kante’s tenacity but one underrated part of (prime) Kante’s game was his ball carrying. He had a deceptively good burst of acceleration to get himself out of tight situations and take the ball in his stride. Ugarte certainly lacks this
Kante was a different beast, much better player. His positioning was unreal. And like you said, no slouch going forward as well.

Yeah Kante absolutely WC! But let’s not be thinking Ugarte is a bang average nobody. Hes still a top player and only 23 don’t forget

As of today. Still 3 days of the window left also.

McTominay €30M
Greenwood €31.6M
Wan-Bissaka €17.6M
Hannibal €11.25M
Kambwala €10M
Alvaro €6MPellistri €6M
Fish €3.5M
Van de Beek €500K

------------------------TOTAL €116.45MHIGHEST EVER sales generated in club's history, in a transfer window!
💰

I’d like to think we’re only pretending to be interested in order to get Juventus to fork over some more cash.

Only possible good deal would be if we got him on a 1 year deal

yeah tbh I do t want Sterling. Could be a few reasons it’s out there. Put pressure on Juve for a better deal.

Could be some dodgy FfP/ FSP deals like all the other clubs were doing at the start of the window selling players to each other for silly money.

Or maybe they just want Sancho out the club.

Sad reality is atm he would most probably be our most productive winger in terms of numbers he would put up come the end of the season

Murtough madness…and not in a good way.

I just never understood this signing from the off. Signed a player that had been relatively average for most of his time at Chelsea barring a 6 month purple patch under Lampard to a position already filled by a far better player who rarely gets injured…for £55 million. Chelsea are laughing all the way to bank while we pay another average croc £250k a week