The Manchester United Thread

Lol but don't go too overboard mate ... You just signed Juan Mata so it isn't all doom and gloom. Best No.10 in the world for my money. I do find it a tad funny how Moyes is acting like such a tough guy with the players though lel

He always was.

God thank god for this Forum, Redcafe is off the chain this morning- Moyes is **** someone saying would rather have our squad than the other teams, someone saying would rather have Liverpool,Newcastle,Spurs manager anyday. Not to add we should be challenging city with the squad we have and injuries we have had.WOW!

He always was.

Their is quite a difference from being tough with his Everton players and doing the same work United players who have achieved far more than he has in football

Basing this purely on speculation but I would be pretty ****** if I get a new boss who starts to take a tough stance with me despite having achieved nothing of note. And as professional footballers at the top level, I am pretty sure United players have a much bigger ego than mine

God thank god for this Forum, Redcafe is off the chain this morning- Moyes is **** someone saying would rather have our squad than the other teams, someone saying would rather have Liverpool,Newcastle,Spurs manager anyday. Not to add we should be challenging city with the squad we have and injuries we have had.WOW!

With the squad City has, they should be 10 points clear by now!

Your sarcastic comments do my head in... not going to lie.

Just because they've handled this window better doesn't make them immune from criticism for the last window.

The last window still wasn't acceptable, it was handled shockingly. With the whole Fellaini and Baines thing... then also the Fabregas situation, a long with Thiago. OH AND HERRERA.

Dude... seriously.... that summer window arguably has cost us this season and you give me a sarcastic comment about how we should just accept it now because of signing one player in January? It was just a matter of giving them "time" and "learning to settle" BS. The last window was handled like amateurs not even profesionally in a job like it should be at Manchester United. Considering the amount they get paid to do their jobs, pretty sure professionalism is the minimum we should expect.

that wasn't sarcastic. I never said they were immune either, never have done, not sure how you can be consistently slow on the uptake. You bore me, moving on.

Last edited:
that wasn't sarcastic. I never said they were immune either, never have done, not sure how you can be consistently slow on the uptake. You bore me, moving on.

Anything to say about the Cabaye "verbal agreement" now? ;)

Knew he was someone we could get and I'm sorry ?20m is a steal for a player of his quality in the current market. He could do even better things with quality players around him.

Going forwards, we have Carrick and Fletcher, and Fellaini (not writing him off). For me that leaves one top class CM to arrive, and recall Powell in the summer. I wouldn't mind a second CM but not for 20 odd million. Especially when we need a LB. going to have several outs in the summer too.

Knew he was someone we could get and I'm sorry ?20m is a steal for a player of his quality in the current market. He could do even better things with quality players around him.

Yeah, I'm surprised that Ashley is that immensely short sighted, given that Cabaye didn't ask to go ;). 20m is not a steal for Cabaye.

?19.2M for a 28 year old central midfielder who's never played at the top level, where we could arguably go and get league winners/champions league finalists Gundogan/Kroos for ?25M (reportedly)?

I'll pass on Cabaye. Yes he's a good player and yes he's an upgrade on current options. But considering potential options in the summer and likely business that we're looking at I'd rather wait 6 months and get in world class talent.

Javi Martinez would be my #1 target. Out of favour at Bayern it seems and is absolutely world class.

Yeah, I'm surprised that Ashley is that immensely short sighted, given that Cabaye didn't ask to go ;). 20m is not a steal for Cabaye.

Waiting till the summer to sign any CM is risky... Cabaye knows the PL, he would be great in our midfield, most importantly he plays the ball FORWARD.

Carrick currently out for a few weeks.. so yet again we rely on the medicority of a midfield to try and get us to Champions League. Mata is kind of useless if we can't get the ball to him! Just saying!

Waiting till the summer to sign any CM is risky... Cabaye knows the PL, he would be great in our midfield, most importantly he plays the ball FORWARD.

Carrick currently out for a few weeks.. so yet again we rely on the medicority of a midfield to try and get us to Champions League. Mata is kind of useless if we can't get the ball to him! Just saying!

So you buy a CM for 20m now. And stop yourself buying another better more expensive future CM in future. The whole point is the long term not just the CL!

Put this way, as an example: Cabaye now or Kroos in the summer?

So you buy a CM for 20m now. And stop yourself buying another better more expensive future CM in future. The whole point is the long term not just the CL!

Or we can look at it.... no one now, no Champions League, no Kroos.

Although I might add, have been a few reports of late we have contacted over Fernando, could be a great buy if we can grab him for ?7m and could see us through to the summer. Even next season he'd be better than other options, such as Cleverley (if he's not gone) and maybe even Fellaini... but can tell that after 2nd half of this season.

Or we can look at it.... no one now, no Champions League, no Kroos.

The whole point is that the club think they can get what we need without CL for one season. More to the point, who says we cant finish top 4 now?

Although I might add, have been a few reports of late we have contacted over Fernando, could be a great buy if we can grab him for ?7m and could see us through to the summer. Even next season he'd be better than other options, such as Cleverley (if he's not gone) and maybe even Fellaini... but can tell that after 2nd half of this season.

Fernando at 7m now makes much more sense than 20m Cabaye now.

The whole point is that the club think they can get what we need without CL for one season. More to the point, who says we cant finish top 4 now?

I'm not saying we can't just saying... very risky when you consider our midfield still, I don't see Kroos joining at all without Champions League... why would he?? Unless we paid him mega money... that's the only reason I can think.

IMO we need some solution to our midfield now, in some way or another.

I'm not saying we can't just saying... very risky when you consider our midfield still, I don't see Kroos joining at all without Champions League... why would he?? Unless we paid him mega money... that's the only reason I can think.

IMO we need some solution to our midfield now, in some way or another.

I would rather pay Kroos 180k a week, than buy a short term signing. Risky? perhaps, nothing is guaranteed.

What we need first is people playing a lot better than they currently are.

Back