The Manchester United Thread

Their is quite a difference from being tough with his Everton players and doing the same work United players who have achieved far more than he has in football

Basing this purely on speculation but I would be pretty ****** if I get a new boss who starts to take a tough stance with me despite having achieved nothing of note. And as professional footballers at the top level, I am pretty sure United players have a much bigger ego than mine

Then they can go **** themselves. Manager has given chance for everyone and if they underperform Manager has every right to say whatever he wants.

Manager is the BOSS of the club.

Following Chelsea's 3-1 victory over United on January 19 the first meetings between Moyes and Mourinho took place. The United boss told Mourinho he wants Mata and in return the Portuguese asked him to include Nani in the deal. Moyes turned down Mourinho's offer immediately, as the Premier League champions had no intention of weakening their squad.
After being told Nani was not available under any circumstances, Mourinho opted to signed Salah, his back-up choice, who was very close to Liverpool, Marca claimed.
The Spanish newspaper report that negotiations regarding Mata's future have been underway since last summer, as Mourinho's intention since he returned to Stamford Bridge has always been to sell Mata as he prefers to use Oscar in the playmaker role.
Indeed, Chelsea offered Mata to Atletico Madrid and Valencia as they sought not to strengthen a Premier League rival but Mata "did not accept to go where Mourinho wanted and instead one month ago he chose to join Manchester United".
Marca add that United's goalkeeper David De Gea has been a key factor in Mata's decision as he called his compatriot many times during last month to convince him to move to Old Trafford.
On Thursday, one day before Mata's move to old Trafford was announced, Chelsea also confirmed the signing of Salah from FC Basel as his replacemen

Manchester United Rejected Request To Include Nani In Chelsea's Mata Deal – Report

?19.2M for a 28 year old central midfielder who's never played at the top level, where we could arguably go and get league winners/champions league finalists Gundogan/Kroos for ?25M (reportedly)?

I'll pass on Cabaye. Yes he's a good player and yes he's an upgrade on current options. But considering potential options in the summer and likely business that we're looking at I'd rather wait 6 months and get in world class talent.

Javi Martinez would be my #1 target. Out of favour at Bayern it seems and is absolutely world class.
Don't really think Martinez is out of favour though. He had played whenever he is not injured and he was pursued by Guardiola back when he was still at Bilbao.

Telegraph reported that ManUtd are in negotiations with Nike and the deal is around 76.9 Million pounds per year. that's double than any existing deal.

Next year our accounts should be fantastic.
Chevrolet deal is around 53 Million per year.
AON deal worth 18 Million per year for renaming training complex and training kits (not sure whether this has kickstarted).

And maybe in a year or 2 Nike deal.

If we can secure champions league football then we will be in amazing position. (if we don't then it's not much of a loss for ManUtd)

Telegraph reported that ManUtd are in negotiations with Nike and the deal is around 76.9 Million pounds per year. that's double than any existing deal.

AON deal worth 18 Million per year for renaming training complex and training kits (not sure whether this has kickstarted).

If we can secure champions league football then we will be in amazing position. (if we don't then it's not much of a loss for ManUtd)

maybe get nike to buy cr7

Have you got a link please mate?

Don't really think Martinez is out of favour though. He had played whenever he is not injured and he was pursued by Guardiola back when he was still at Bilbao.

You're right, he's not out-of-favour. If at all. Has been injury-plagued this season, which gives reason to why Guardiola opted for Lahm (of all people) to play in his position. I doubt Mart?nez is going anywhere, let alone Manchester United after becoming the league's most expensive signing not long ago.

Gives credence to how the club can still attract lucrative deals despite having underperformed this season.

Gives credence to how the club can still attract lucrative deals despite having underperformed this season.

With your global fan-base, that's always going to happen tbh. Good on the executives to pull off such great deals though... For clubs like Chelsea and City, it depends much more on performances on the field

Then they can go **** themselves. Manager has given chance for everyone and if they underperform Manager has every right to say whatever he wants.

Manager is the BOSS of the club.

Lol that's fine .. I just find it a tad funny that's all. It's all good taking a tough stance but at the end of the day, Moyes needs to prove himself too

Talksport reporting Rooney has signed new contract and ManUtd might announce it this evening.

Talksport reporting Rooney has signed new contract and ManUtd might announce it this evening.

Big statement from United this past week if true then ... Good for Moyes. If reports are to be believed, guy has worked hard but has been let down by his players mostly. Still can do things better and now he has the optimum foundation from which to rejuvenate United's season

Lol that's fine .. I just find it a tad funny that's all. It's all good taking a tough stance but at the end of the day, Moyes needs to prove himself too

How does it matter. At end of the day Moyes is trying to do what's good for the club, if the players are half arsed just because Manager hasn't won much then like I said they can do done.

How did Juve players react when Conte was appointed as manager or Barca players playing under Tata?

From Redcafe:

ff09cbfbee0a1fa5c60a44a4dedc47938f9b1944a1e65fa13fd4e7aaaece42c1_large

Was just about to post the same thing, and lots of things saying same on Twitter. Also someone posted tweet on Redcafe from the same bloke who broke Mata story,Mata No and Rooney contract saying Moyes trying to push through a deal for Shaw and Kroos before DD.

How does it matter. At end of the day Moyes is trying to do what's good for the club, if the players are half arsed just because Manager hasn't won much then like I said they can do done.

How did Juve players react when Conte was appointed as manager or Barca players playing under Tata?

I think it's a matter of respect mostly. If a manager like Ancelloti or Mourinho comes in, players respect them immediately because they have been there and done that. For a guy like Moyes, it's a bit hard to stamp his authority on a bunch of players who have won everything there is. I think the consequences of that can be seen on the pitch as well. Players like Valencia not giving a **** whether United are winning or losing...

Not that it's Moyes' fault. Tbh not many other options for him. Hasn't been deal the best set of cards by Woody and Fergie either. Definitely will be a summer clear out regardless of whether United get CL or not imo

Back